European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Best way of testing amphetamines (base)

SilentRoller

Bluelighter
So some mates who are attending a rave with me this weekend just text me about some "banging speed" that they will be bringing down. I've been given the usual spiel about how the stuff is the dogs bollocks, and how they know their shit because apparently a member of their family was a base dealer yadda yadda etc...

But here comes the stinger in the tail, I'm then told he has just recently dropped a gramme of it. Hmmmm, instant red flag for shite phet right there. A gram of pure amphetamine sulphate would put you in a bad way no? I know first hand I once had some paste from NL which absolutely stunk, and a 50mg line had me rushing absolute face.

What I want to know is, what is the best test (e.e marquis) for testing regular amphetamine? The amount of times I have had people trying to pass off MPA or some other glucose shite as phet is unreal, and I don't fancy consuming crap. Even if it was just going to be a dab or so before some MDMA. And on this note, does anyone have any experience with a couple of phet dabs before MD? I've heard it can null mandy significantly.

Anyhow, cheers for input all =D

I'm not sure about tests, sorry. But a gramme of stinky qualtiliy paste should have someone fucked up, same with a g of MPA as well, definite red flag on the gramme thing though
As for a few dabs of phet before md, will make it more rushy, I suppose in may numb the more tactile empath side of the md though

SilentRoller said:
. A gram of pure amphetamine sulphate would put you in a bad way no?

You answered it here

SilentRoller said:
a 50mg line had me rushing absolute face.

A gram of high quality amp would most likely see you in hospital with liquid diazepam or something being shot into you if it hadn't already killed you.

Not sure about testing but id be suprised if there isn't a definitive test between all of the reagents available.

Phet and Mdma have a great synergy. I wouldn't say it dulls the MD, it's just a different experience, as you'd expect it adds a sharpness to it which can be handy if the MD is trying to put you on the floor whilst you're meant to be dancing like a loon until the sun comes up.. I'd give your mates banging base a miss, a bag of Starmix Haribo probably contains as much amphetamine and probably less sugar.. taste nicer too, and cheaper. ;)

You answered it here

A gram of high quality amp would most likely see you in hospital with liquid diazepam or something being shot into you if it hadn't already killed you.

Not sure about testing but id be suprised if there isn't a definitive test between all of the reagents available.

Phet and Mdma have a great synergy. I wouldn't say it dulls the MD, it's just a different experience, as you'd expect it adds a sharpness to it which can be handy if the MD is trying to put you on the floor whilst you're meant to be dancing like a loon until the sun comes up.. I'd give your mates banging base a miss, a bag of Starmix Haribo probably contains as much amphetamine and probably less sugar.. taste nicer too, and cheaper. ;)

This

This reference may come in handy for future reference though. As may this handy (if less exhaustive as far as range of substances goes) pictorial guide for all the widely-used test kits on all the widely-used drugs...

serveimage

As for this particular instance, if anybody needs a gramme of the stuff to get up and running it's glucose moistened with cat-piss not amphetamine.

I have personally found that amphetamine dulls the MDMA high, in my case, but this may have been due to cross-tolerance, from abusing speed. I'm certain I had MDMA pills with amphetamine in, when I was younger, and was very happy with them. As for taking a full gramme of supposedly 'banging' speed, you'd be lucky to not end up in hospital. You certainly wouldn't brush it off and get some kip the next day. Even with a large tolerance, I won't even do half a gramme of decent speed in a 24 hour period. I'd be a shaking wreck.

Freebasing amphetamine is not a simple matter and even if you had the resources, and didn't object to the rather high possibility of losing a few fingers, the result is highly volatile and pretty impractical to do much of anything with... other than to re-cut it with a load of glucose to soak up the liquid or convert back to sulphate (or perhaps some other salt if feeling adventurous).

As a sidenote, I'm reasonably sure the molecular weights of freebase and sulphate are somewhat different so you would not get an accurate result even if you did manage to freebase street 'base'.

Freebasing amphetamine is not a simple matter and even if you had the resources, and didn't object to the rather high possibility of losing a few fingers, the result is highly volatile and pretty impractical to do much of anything with... other than to re-cut it with a load of glucose to soak up the liquid or convert back to sulphate (or perhaps some other salt if feeling adventurous).

As a sidenote, I'm reasonably sure the molecular weights of freebase and sulphate are somewhat different so you would not get an accurate result even if you did manage to freebase street 'base'.

Spot on

It's bad times these days when we are even discussing having to wash cheap drugs such as speed when buying direct from the source country even. I think the Dutch manufactures making this speed "pasta" now I've seen it called. And questionable ecstasy pills, really need to have a word with themselves, it might be cheap but it's because the quality is shocking.

I agree about Dutch pills (as I'm sure you've gathered), but the Dutch speed I've had recently has been amazing. Way better than anything I've ever had here. I got some more yesterday, and it seems pretty consistent. I've had maybe 100-200mg and I very much doubt I'll be sleeping tonight. For the price, it's ridiculous to think that people need to sell heavily cut/adulterated stuff here, and it's no surprise people have lost interest. Greedy dealers have ruined the availability and purity of UK speed, and that's a shame. I have a real soft-spot for the stuff.

sent you my guide for beginners through pm, shambles

you had some misapprehensions over freebasing pv also, i recall

sent you my guide for beginners through pm, shambles

you had some misapprehensions over freebasing pv also, i recall

You sure you sent it to me? Not received it yet but would be interested to see how practical your method is.

As for PV freebase, I just didn't find it made enough of a difference to bother with, and the small difference there is was in the wrong direction for me.