• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best OTC Drugs

DXM101

Bluelighter
Although many OTC (Over the Counter) drugs can be very dangerous in excessive amounts, many of them are great for recreational use.

Heres a list that I've compiled of some OTC's that work great.
(Feel free to add to the list)

-DXM (Dextromethorphan)
Found in Robitussin and other cough syrup brands, DXM is best taken orally and can only be fatal at doses of 2,000 mg.

-Benadryl (diphenhydramine)
An antihistamine used to treat colds. Between 300-900 mg will give one a very disoriented and high feeling.

-Sudafed (pseudoephedrine)
Similair to drinking excessive caffeine. If snorted, the effects are even better.

- Nurofen + (Codeine) Although not as effective, this OTC will give a similair high to that of opiates.

IF YOU HAVE HAD EXPERIENCES WITH OTHER OVER THE COUNTER DRUGS PLEASE TELL!!!

^^ haha dude i drank a bottle of that shit and was never so fucked up before in my life.

All it has in it is bismuth subsalicylate...this can't do anything at all...ever

*Propylhexedrine

*Robotussin AC (available in some states)

*Tincture of valerian (take about 10x the reccomended dose)

Snorting sudafed will actually produce a high? Interesting. I'll have to try that.

just becuz it makes sedation this aint mean its recreational. doxylamine has no high or buzz or anything

i can see your point but im sure op wont be interested with non-recreational meds here

California Poppy extract, skullcap extract, valerian extract
the liquid versions not the capsules, those are a waste

william1985 said:
Doxylamine succinate aka Unisom - Great sedating antihistamines. At higher doses, it does produce a sedating high (i cant really explain it).

lol it makes me trip out, and see funny visuals such as moving trees, and shit like that.

Depends where you live really. My favourite OTC was always Gee's Linctus (cough mixture containing opium tincture) and other assorted cough remedies with opium/morphine tinctures in. Some places sell benzos OTC. Some even sell ketamine OTC. The UK is not so good for such things. Sadly.

Shambles said:
The UK is not so good for such things. Sadly.
You said it. The only otc high i've persued is dihydrocodeine and that really wasn't worth the effort or the price.

^ If you can find a pharmacy that will admit to stocking them, Gee's Linctus and generic codeine linctus (not pholcodine, or whatever it's called) are much more fun. They're behind the counter, you have to ask and restrictions are worse than they used to be... but it's still out there if you're lucky :).

In Norfolk (never seen it anywhere else) they sell a lovely lemon-flavoured linctus containing morphine OTC too :).

Nurofen + (Codeine) Although not as effective, this OTC will give a similair high to that of opiates.

i know this stuff isnot in the US right?...where do you find it at?