• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Best Method of taking Kratom

Dreshik

Greenlighter
I understand people have already discussed this, I have read most of those and would like to suggest the method that has worked best.
Additionally if anyone has tried this method already i would love to hear what you think of it, especially if you found an even better way.

So first off can we all agree that Kratoms taste is VILE, and whats even worse is it gets stuck in my teeth and so always brush after lol.

I've seen MANY people report that they feel they have formed some sort of psychological connection to Kratom over at least a couple of times taking. This connection causes a gag reflex when you smell or taste Kratom, and i defiantly have this problem. In fact this is like the first time I've taken it in a month because I couldn't bring myself to do it. :( But I was craving a high and didn't want to waste my money.

First thing I did was in an attempt to combat the smell. I stuff my nose with toilet paper, get it in pretty good at to create an effective barrier. Then I poured a small amount of grapefruit juice(not a good juice option) in an empty water bottle and added my Kratom, about 4 or 5 grams of some decent Bali for me. You wanna put enough juice in that all of the Kratom is able to mix in good, but not too much juice because then you have to drink a bunch of disgusting Kratom slush. Shake up the bottle pretty good, like a spray paint can, add a little bit more juice (and I suggest maybe some lemon juice just to pack in some extra flavor, the point here to not taste Kratom) and shake AGAIN! *You're aiming to make a shot of Kratom basically.*

Now the reason I say that the grapefruit juice was a bad idea is because is because it created a foam on top of my juice, I still drank it. I've used orange juice before and this seems to work better. Also the brand of juice you get defiantly can make a difference in the amount of Foam, try shaking up the bottle at the store to see how it reacts.

Make sure you have a chaser, I just use the grapefruit juice because its strong.

AIM for the back of the throat! Most people don't realize the importance of this.

Another good technique is to think about something else, don't think about the Kratom. Envision something you find really interesting.

If you do it correctly then you should taste very minimal Kratom. Trust me I absolutely hate the taste of Kratom and was about to quit it until i found this way, so the amount you taste is bearable.

Hope this helps! Feel free to respond and ask questions or suggest your ideas! :D

Yeah I find it so disgusting. Taste, smell...
so- to counter that I usually buy empty gel caps (or I empty out caps from vitamins I have that have expired and use those caps). I can take down two jumbo caps at a time with a tasty beverage.
your idea to drink it with juice is good too. I've done it. But sometimes I gag from the taste.
Making your own gel caps of kratom would prob be easier. It just takes a few minutes or so to get the powder into the caps. But I've gotten pretty fast at it so I don't have to smell it! Ha! At least there's usually no taste when using it in pill form.

i'm gonna try the tea the next time i do it but i usually do this method;

-boil kettle
-measure dose
-place dose in cup
-pour hot water into cup (as little as possible to simply dissolve the kratom's clumpy consistency)
-stir
-then cold OJ to taste.
-chug.

kicks in within an hour and has lasted more than 6 hours for me with 4 hours of peak effects.

i read that the tea makes it more bioavailable, though.

I put water in mouth, 5 grams in spoon, kratom in, more water. Done right you will barely taste the kratom, done wrong the kratom will get stuck in your throat and you'll burp kratom and possibly vomit, not hard to do right after a few times though.

i'm gonna try the tea the next time i do it but i usually do this method;

-boil kettle
-measure dose
-place dose in cup
-pour hot water into cup (as little as possible to simply dissolve the kratom's clumpy consistency)
-stir
-then cold OJ to taste.
-chug.

kicks in within an hour and has lasted more than 6 hours for me with 4 hours of peak effects.

i read that the tea makes it more bioavailable, though.

^this! I've also been using this exact same method for a while. It seems to be the perfect balance between maximizing efficacy, saving time, and minimizing the bad taste.

However, I've actually grown to like the taste of kratom so now I usually forgo the OJ and just T&W the powder. Heat will do a decent job of homogenizing the powder with your water. I've also started just throwing a bit of water in the microwave, measuring my kratom, stirring it into the hot water and washing it down.

Maybe I just have some unique taste buds, but kratom has never tasted too horrible to me. Certainly not good, but not all that bad either

I put water in mouth, 5 grams in spoon, kratom in, more water. Done right you will barely taste the kratom, done wrong the kratom will get stuck in your throat and you'll burp kratom and possibly vomit, not hard to do right after a few times though.

I've never really understood this method unless you don't have access to a cup/hot water. Why not just mix the kratom into the water? Then there's no chance of inhaling kratom powder.

To each their own I suppose

I've never really understood this method unless you don't have access to a cup/hot water. Why not just mix the kratom into the water? Then there's no chance of inhaling kratom powder.

To each their own I suppose

I don't want to taste it. I don't inhale kratom powder anymore either, it's happened a few times out of the hundreds of spoons I've dropped. Quite frankly I'm more likely to vomit mixing it with water. (I take 4 teaspoons max also to not vomit. That is kratoms main side effect for me.)

off topic: Got the best bali I've had in years yesterday, had me itchy 5 hours. Lack of opiate tolerance could be (probably is) a factor.

So first off can we all agree that Kratoms taste is VILE, :D
You don't need to taste it at all. The Real Kratom Illuminati all use the following Method : 1. fill your mouth 1/2 full of H20. (don't swallow yet) 2. dump 1 tsp kratom into your mouth
3. Now swallow kratom and water together quickly, using the same gulping motion as when you swallow a bunch of pills at once.

^Exactly what I said, I am a member of the PCP illuminati however (oh shit wasn't supposed to say that)

Oh, now I see Treezy uses a similar method to mine, but I still say just do water in mouth, 1 tsp kratom, swallow quick before kratom mixes with the water. Once in awhile you will do it wrong as Treezy said and end up coughing and having the powder stuck in your throat for 45 minutes :) It sucks balls. Still worth it.

Making a tea is actually the best way to get euphoria from kratom in my experience. boil the leaves at a low boil for an hour or even 30 minutes and drink. it's an ok taste if you don't make it too strong, and if you put it in the fridge it's damn tasty the next day :) Some people add some lemon juice in while it boils. I think it makes it taste worse.

This. ..ie what treezy said.

Eventually you will grow to love the taste and associate the taste with MOR agonist and pleasant stimulating effects.

Never enjoyed the taste.

Just parachute it.

Can usually fit about 4-5 grams in a corner of some thin paper. Perfect dose for me. Down it with some milk or soda or something.

Easiest method ever.

Never enjoyed the taste.

Just parachute it.

Can usually fit about 4-5 grams in a corner of some thin paper. Perfect dose for me. Down it with some milk or soda or something.

Easiest method ever.

This is how I do it and how I would recommend to others who cannot stand the taste. The taste used to bother me, nowadays it doesn't but I still parachute like this most of the time because it's quick and easy.

I find​ 4-5 grams to be about the most I can parachute at once too. 4-5 grams wrapped in toilet paper is a pretty big parachute so it's a pretty big thing to swallow... Not everyone will be able to comfortably swallow such a thing. 2-3 gram sized parachutes may be more manageable for some.

This is how I do it and how I would recommend to others who cannot stand the taste. The taste used to bother me, nowadays it doesn't but I still parachute like this most of the time because it's quick and easy.

I find​ 4-5 grams to be about the most I can parachute at once too. 4-5 grams wrapped in toilet paper is a pretty big parachute so it's a pretty big thing to swallow... Not everyone will be able to comfortably swallow such a thing. 2-3 gram sized parachutes may be more manageable for some.

my method as well. 2 gram 1ply toilet paper parachutes.....i have gelcaps but it works about 40 minutes faster with the toilet paper as opposed to gel caps

(I know I said i found the best method for me, but lets be honest if theres way to avoid the flavor Completely, well then sign me up.)

It's actually funny that y'all would bring up the parachute method because I have been researching other methods today. I actually just attempted to try to parachute 1 tbs(2-3gs?)

I was NOT prepared lol. I tried it and i immediately realized it was wayy to big. Started to choke and continued to gag and spit kratom out of my mouth for like 5 minutes. I used flattened bread instead of toilet paper. I know it was a terrible idea but someone else suggested it on another thread.

Anyways I might try the toilet paper next.