• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Best GHB drug??? Poll

Which is the best? Explain if you can be arsed, thanks!

• GHB

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • GBL

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 1,4 BDO

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

axe battler

Moderator: SLR, EADD
Staff member
I have only had GHB once when already shitfaced (no beuno: don't recommend due to possibility of death) and can't recall is it was better than GBL. Never had 1,4 BDO.

Last edited:
Not sure f you meant to make the poll multiple choice or not. But I voted GHB. The high is the best quality, and I've had experience with all three, though only tried GBL twice.

Gbl is a very efficient prodrug and has an even faster onset than ghb. Plus it doesn't have any potentially toxic intermediates (like 1,4-BDO, which gets converted into 4-hydroxybutyraldehyde).

I actually kinda like the taste of GHB lol, I love salty stuff

BDO felt toxic/too heavy

I've never tried GBL

I have only had GHB once when already shitfaced and can't recall is it was better than GBL. Never had 1,4 BDO.
In the interest of harm reduction, I have to say that using GHB when drinking excessive alcohol is a terrible idea. It can literally make you pass out into a coma-like state. It happened to me and I've seen it happen to a couple of friends at bars. No bueno.

I'd never tried any of them until I tried NaGHB yesterday. Did 6.5 grams throughout the day yesterday, and I ended up taking 2g tonight. Wow, this is absolutely incredibly fun and unique stuff. I don't know what to compare it to, like a super clean alcohol, but just better in every regard. Definitely going to combine it with either 5-MeO-MiPT or 4-HO-MiPT soon.

I got 120g thinking that was going to be a lifetime supply. Maybe more like a years supply..

In the interest of harm reduction, I have to say that using GHB when drinking excessive alcohol is a terrible idea. It can literally make you pass out into a coma-like state. It happened to me and I've seen it happen to a couple of friends at bars. No bueno.
Yeah I was mainly tweaked on meph at the time but I believe there was alcohol in the mix somewhat. Completely agree with you though Jerry so I put in a little disclaimer
It was a long time ago so hard to remember tbh.

Looks like the parent is the winner then. I'm not surprised as I found GBL to be surprisingly mild unless I took a little too much in which case I would just pass out and feel a bit poisoned...

Last edited:

Happened to me, I woke up in an ambulance. Girlfriend found me and couldn't wake me up. They gave me 2 shots of narcan, which didn't do anything since I wasn't on opiates. Then they grilled me asking where I got the heroin and recorded it as an opiate overdose. I just woke up on my own but sometimes people don't. Alcohol plus GHB is a very dangerous combo. Apparently I was not breathing well, lots of apnea.

Happened to me, I woke up in an ambulance. Girlfriend found me and couldn't wake me up. They gave me 2 shots of narcan, which didn't do anything since I wasn't on opiates. Then they grilled me asking where I got the heroin and recorded it as an opiate overdose. I just woke up on my own but sometimes people don't. Alcohol plus GHB is a very dangerous combo. Apparently I was not breathing well, lots of apnea.
Waking up in an ambulance would be pretty scary. It only happened to me once and I never tried GHB again.

My two friends were more stupid about it. It happened to each of them and they continued rolling the dice trying to rationalize that they wouldn't drink as much beer the next time or wouldn't take as much G. Both of them passed out on it multiple times. They even bought the components of it and began cooking it on their kitchen stove. That was a dark year or so in my former friend circle. Lucky none of them woke up in a morgue.

I'm glad they didn't die. And glad I didn't, too. It was actually 1,4-BDO that I did that with, it is metabolized into GHB via alcohol dehydrogenase, and ethanol is metabolized first. I had had a 2 shots, and then changed my mind and did some BDO when the inhibitions lowered. I dosed, then dosed again, no effects. So I dosed again. Then like 30 minutes later when the alcohol was metabolized, it all hit me at once.

Looks like the parent is the winner then. I'm not surprised as I found GBL to be surprisingly mild unless I took a little too much in which case I would just pass out and feel a bit poisoned...
Really? To me gbl is anything but mild. Do remember how much you took? It may have been diluted.
Gbl does have a narrow dose margin though, my sweet spot is between 1.2-1.6mL of pure gbl, I took 2mL once and it felt a bit too wobbly for my linking.

Yeah I think 0.8-1.2ml was my maximum dose before I started getting weird muscle twitches and start nodding off.

Definitely not mild above that dose, just not really pleasant. I think maybe it's my body chemistry. Would love to try GHB again and truly see how good it is.