Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Best Depictions Of Close Friendships In Movie History

the professional - Leon and Mathilda (in a kinda kinky way)

the goonies - (mouth, chunk, data, mikey, brand, andy, stef, and sloth)

heat - de niro, pacino)

Thompson & Lazlo- Where the Buffalo Roam
David St. Hubbins & Nigel Tuffnel- This Is Spinal Tap
Ray & Danny- Running Scared
Doc & Wyatt- Tombstone
Winger & Ziski- Stripes
R2D2 & C3PO- Star Wars
Bandit & Snowman- Smokey and the Bandit
Rob, Barry & Dick- High Fidelity

B00004CX4O.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Harold and Maude in Harold and Maude.

And Web, that's an awful lotta homo-lovin' in your list...

Unless it's only a list of hetero-life-mates... in which case, well, that isn't gay at all!

how about some girl/girl... that seems to be lacking-
ruth and idgie- fried green tomatoes
m'lynn, truvy, ouiser, clairee- steel magnolias
(sorry bad chick flicks is all ive got)

Last edited:
Scent Of A Woman- Col. Frank and Charlie

The Colour Purple- Celie and Shug

Big Lebowski- the Dude and Walter :)

batty said:
And Web, that's an awful lotta homo-lovin' in your list...
Unless it's only a list of hetero-life-mates... in which case, well, that isn't gay at all!

None of the characters I listed were gay as far as I know. Most people are posting male/male friendship examples, why are you singling me out? What is it that you are trying to imply darlin'? That my idea of a close friendship borders on homosexuality? Or, are you trying to imply that *MY* close friendships border (or cross) it? I thought I proved my heterosexuality to you on several occasions, that's what I get for thinking I guess. I'd be happy to prove it again.

I'm sorry... was that too much personal drama? I apologize, everyone. I do have some things to say that are on topic, I promise.

Harold and Maude,... while I did enjoy watching that movie, I don't see Harold as being emotionally developed enough to have the kind of friendship we're talking about. He was an interesting character... intelligent, quirky... but not mature enough to have a real and lasting friendship with a woman. Didn't he have a crush on the old broad? Let me try to think of one... When Harry Met Sally? Nah, not in my opinion because they were just two people that denied their more than friendly attraction for years and finally got together. How about Richard Pryor (Joe Braxton) & Cicely Tyson (Vivian Perry) in Bustin' Loose? Nah, they ended up "together" in the end too. Just the girls? I can agree with the friends in Steele Magnolias, and maybe Thelma & Louise, but they ended up committing suicide in the end... what the fuck was that about? Or how about Evan, Kayleigh, Lenny & Tommy from The Butterfly Effect? Maybe, but E & K (Amy Smart and Kutcher) fall in love (in most of his alternate realities)... Evan DOES die for all of them in the end though.

Or, maybe it's just the limited list of movies I've seen or have been willing to watch? I'm sure you can agree with that.

RE: hetero-lifemates... I've given up on that philosophy... however, you reminded me of yet another few good examples of Best Depictions Of Close Friendships In Movie History (IMHO):

Jay & Silent Bob
Elliot & ET
The boys from Stand By Me
Huck & Tom

And how about a man (or boy) and his dog/s?
Turner & Hooch
Travis & Old Yeller
Billy with Old Dan & Little Ann (where the red fern grows... they did make a couple of movies based on that classic novel)

Last edited:
wanderlust said:
how about some girl/girl... that seems to be lacking-
ruth and idgie- fried green tomatoes
m'lynn, truvy, ouiser, clairee- steel magnolias
(sorry bad chick flicks is all ive got)

Thelma and Louise too.=D

Spoon and Stretch - Gridlock'd
Harold & Kumar - Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle
Mitch & Frank the tank - Old School
Silas & Jamal - How High
Calogero & dad Lorenzo (Robert Deniro)- Bronx Tale

crystalcallas said:
The Craft chicks. Until they all turned on each other that is.

well, then i guess that's not "Best Depictions Of Close Friendships In Movie History", is it?

;)

i'm surprised no one's mentioned Sam and Frodo on LOTR

i guess people are too scared to face teh wrath of
all the closet cases crying "oooh, that's was awfully
homo" ...... ;)