• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Best Benzodiazepine for muscle relaxation

infamousryan

Bluelighter
Calling all benzo-friends, I am wondering what your first choice of Benzo would be if you are using Benzodiazepines for muscle relaxation ?

I currently use Clonazepam, and my Dr. told me it was the best for muscle relaxation, but i am not too sure about that.

I need Benzos to sleep, otherwise my TMJ acts up, hurting my neck/jaw/ear and causing neck spasms that cause me to bounce off the bed :| Muscle Relaxers do not work for me and cause somnolence (feeling like you are tired but not being able to sleep at all) , as well as just a general bad feeling.. Benzos work much better . But i need to watch my tolerance. So far, im not letting it go over 1mg/daily... But its hard.

I wish they made time release Clonazepam .

Hello Ryan, Kpin is the best imho. Benzos however magically fuck my life up every time, so I can't recommend them :) Marijuana can relax the shit outta your muscles ime!

Hello Ryan, Kpin is the best imho. Benzos however magically fuck my life up every time, so I can't recommend them :) Marijuana can relax the shit outta your muscles ime!

Marijuana works but not as well as Benzos for TMJ. But yeah, i smoke lots of weed.

Ones I have Tried
Non Benzos:
Soma (Made me feel like shit.)
Flexirl (Made me feel like shit.)
Meloxicam (not a benz or muscle relaxer, but a anti inflammatory pain killer i do believe.)

Benzos:
Xanax: Worked, but put me to bed. I assume if i continued using it , the amount of time that it would have worked for would have decreased to 4 hours as it is a short acting benzo.. unless you're very intolerant
Clonazepam: Doctor recommended this one. Worked well up until my tolerance started rising because i was having dental work done and my jaw and neck pain were out of control. Still trying to stay under 1mg though
Flurazepam: I don't know if this would have helped or not as it has been a while since I tried it
Etizolam: Works, but the duration is far too short
Chloradiazepoxide / Librium: Unsure. Have a feeling this may work well.

all suggestions would be helpful.

i do not really want to ask my doctor to up my dosage. but if that is what i have to do... but anyways, lets hear some more people inputs.

If duration is of concern than kpins are probably one of your best options. I find etizolam to be far superior, but redosing is inherent due to its low half life. Valium doesn't particularly help me with muscle relaxation.

Aren't Clobazam ("Frisium") and Tetrazepam supposed to be among the most selective for muscle relaxant effects? Don't think they're widely available outside Central Europe, though.

Hodor is right, the best muscle relaxing Benzo is hands down Tetrazepam!
But it is not prescribed anymore, at least in germany due to random pharma-company bullshit.

I loved it back then.

They make xanax ER now. It works wonders for extending the xanax's short half life.

i've had chronic muscle tension and spasms in my shoulders and neck for years. complaining of chronic pain is a really good way to avoid getting prescribed benzos or painkillers so i've had to become resourceful. clonzepam was the first real relief i had found in what felt like an eternity. my doctors refuse to acknowledge my GAD/Panic Disorder so i simply find ways to work from home.

gone through alprazolam, diazepam, clonazepam, etizolam, and am currently waiting on some clonazolam because it's closely related to clonazepam and that is by far the most helpful benzo when it comes to relaxing muscles. considering diclazepam but im not too familiar with the RC benzos. at this point i just need periods of relief that are unlikely to harm me

Vallium used to be the standard for number 1 benzo for muscle relaxation, to me it's better than klonopin and last longer but it's anxyliotic effects aren't as good. Idk if that matters to you tho.

Clonozolam is extremely muscle relaxing ime but caution is needed with this one, very potent

i try to avoid taking anything physically addictive more than a few days in a row. my tolerance builds very quickly anyway. what about diclazepam? diazepam was helpful for a while but eventually even 50mg was unnoticeable aside from the effect on my anxiety and eventually putting me to sleep. on the other hand, 2-4mg of clonazepam i could stay alert as the muscle tension melted away for a few hours.

Hodor is right, the best muscle relaxing Benzo is hands down Tetrazepam!
But it is not prescribed anymore, at least in germany due to random pharma-company bullshit.

I loved it back then.
Darn lol.

Xanax ER sounds interesting, I have never tried Ativan.

Have heard Flutoprazepam may work well...

I do not think I can acquire Clonazolam at the moment

The one time i did have Ativan; it was fake :[ lol..

So what i am thinking ATM:
Either Flutoprazepam from Japan or
Xanax XR (Though i do not want to ask for Xanax, i may have to)
OR - High dosage of Librium ... Which is one of the longest half life benzos available.

Valium feels extremely weak to me, and the effects do not seem to last long. Its like... it puts a weird smile on my face for 15 minutes and then wears off...

Any other suggestions?

:)

Im gonna try to look at all of the benzos that are legally prescribed in the USA and see if there has been any articles written about this subject.

I am very interested in something like Tetrazepam, but as the person said, its no longer prescribed...

i try to avoid taking anything physically addictive more than a few days in a row. my tolerance builds very quickly anyway. what about diclazepam? diazepam was helpful for a while but eventually even 50mg was unnoticeable aside from the effect on my anxiety and eventually putting me to sleep. on the other hand, 2-4mg of clonazepam i could stay alert as the muscle tension melted away for a few hours.
I do not think I can get my hands on Diclazepam, i have no source for that here in the USA. Would love to try it, most definitely.

Ya valium is funny that way. Its duration of action feels like maybe 45 minutes but its half life can be upwards of 600 hours (not always but can be). You only have a short window of time with which you can get high on it because of the half life, your tolerance builds exponentially if you take daily because you are just adding more and more on top of something already in your system. I have taken VERY large amounts of valium and felt amazing before but it seems like the high itself does not last long at all. But taking it as RXd helps immensely with anxiety even if you don't feel anything.

Ya valium is funny that way. Its duration of action feels like maybe 45 minutes but its half life can be upwards of 600 hours (not always but can be). You only have a short window of time with which you can get high on it because of the half life, your tolerance builds exponentially if you take daily because you are just adding more and more on top of something already in your system. I have taken VERY large amounts of valium and felt amazing before but it seems like the high itself does not last long at all. But taking it as RXd helps immensely with anxiety even if you don't feel anything.

exactly, if i asked for it, i think he would probably prescribe me 10mg twice a day. I do not think 10mg is enough . I also think i would wind up running out of medication early if i was to choose valium. Additionally even though it has a long half life, the duration and onset of action feels relatively short (2 hours or 4 hours max maybe?)

not sure,

my dr has given me dual scripts before,
like, one time i didnt know wether i wanted klonopin or xanax, and he gave me a script for both, incase i didnt like klonopin. But that was a really really long time ago.

My point being is that i do not want my Dr to think i am seeking drugs, or a higher dosage, or anything like that. My Dr is lenient, but I don't know how much longer that Leniency is going to last .

I have not tried Valium for this particular issue. Maybe it would work. I just dont wanna... ask for it, then regret it lol

What do you guys think about these Benzodiazepines, they were featured exclusively on wiki under muscle relaxing benzos: Bromazepam Diazepam /Clonazepam/ Flunitrazepam Lorazepam Nitrazepam Temazepam..

What about Bromazepam?

Ativan sounds interesting too, but i hope its not too "light"

No bromazepam or nitrazepam in the US. I WISH!

Ativan is one of my favs and works amazing for my panic attacks I don't know about muscle relaxation because I am already on muscle relaxers and valiumn (I only get 8/month). But they work amazing, however, they only seem to work for about half of the people that try them, so it is a risk.

Temazepam is great but tolerance builds quickly and like valium you have to keep taking more except with temaz you start at like 30mg and that wont do much gotta have like 60 mg. But it is the most euphoric benzo in the US

Vallium used to be the standard for number 1 benzo for muscle relaxation, to me it's better than klonopin and last longer but it's anxyliotic effects aren't as good. Idk if that matters to you tho.
This, although I have never used klonopin or even heard, in real life, of others using it.