• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Best anti-histamine to counter opiate itch?

Yup, antihistamines are your best bet, though ideally taken before the codeine, since they take half an hour or so to work.

Interestingly, it's my understanding that the histamine release from codeine increases exponentially with the speed at which the codeine kicks in (which is why IV codeine is so dangerous), and I've found that I get 'much' less itchy if I eat a small meal before dosing the codeine to slow the rate of absorption.

I personally like Fexofenadine as my favourite antihistamine.
Not sure how long it takes to kick in, but it's definately helped me when on oxycodone.

Mind telling me what brand-name you used?
Fexotabs?

used to love the odd bit of scrathing when had some heroin., altough since the drought kicked in last october had some gear that left ichey lumps all-over ur body, speciality around old sites. but not a fan of codine, so guess am off- topic already. oh well

I was using xergic as my source of fenofexadine, and once it kicked in all was well, but that was the most intense histamine reaction I've had to anything; only other thing that comes close would be the itches I've gotten from DXM before.

Have to say though I was a little disappointed in the codeine high, even when potentiated with alcohol + phenibut. Made me feel quite messed up, but not exactly euphoric. Gonna give it one last try today (my prescription is running out very quickly lol, thankfully I'm not actually in much pain) with more alcohol (only had the one glass of wine) + grapefruit juice.

I was using xergic as my source of fenofexadine, and once it kicked in all was well, but that was the most intense histamine reaction I've had to anything; only other thing that comes close would be the itches I've gotten from DXM before.

Have to say though I was a little disappointed in the codeine high, even when potentiated with alcohol + phenibut. Made me feel quite messed up, but not exactly euphoric. Gonna give it one last try today (my prescription is running out very quickly lol, thankfully I'm not actually in much pain) with more alcohol (only had the one glass of wine) + grapefruit juice.

Okay good luck man!
You should be feeling pretty good right now :)

Make sure to tell us how it went :)

I found codeine to be a bit of an acquired taste even compared to other opiates (which in themselves tend to be an acquired taste). I was fairly ambivalent towards it my first few times, compared to oxy, which I loved from the first pill.

It eventually grew on me immensely though, and I used a ton of it until my tolerance got too high and the new laws made obtaining large quantities a pain in the ass (and expensive!).

Hi edgar

Alavert makes an OTC that dissolves in your mouth and tastes good. I just took a 25 mg promethazine, but it'll be a while before it works, so I took an Alavert. I'm still a little itchy, but definitely better. You might try those. They don't really get rid of all the itching, but that's me; you might react better to them than I do.

Ive been on oxy 30s for six years. At the beginning I itched wildly but it went away after about six months. But then it started up again recently out of the blue. I wonder if anybody out there knows why. I've been told you can develop a new allergy anytime, it's not like you're born with allergies to certain things and that never changes like I thought, so maybe that's why I'm so itchy now. But another thing that can add to itchiness is if you've been sweating. All that salt left on your skin adds to the itchiness, at least for me it does.

One thing that works is Benedryl gel, if you can put it on just the places that are worst. If you rub it all over your body you'll OD on it, or at lest get pretty sick.

Try getting in a cool tub right now. That should get you out of trouble for now.

Good luck!

I always used phenergan(promethazine) but I'd say diphenhydramine would be good and doxylamine succinate has always been enjoyable on its own. If it were me I'd try restavit(pure doxy unlike mersyndol which has paracetamol& codeine too) otherwise 10-25mg of pphenergan. Both potentiate wonderfully too.Though I don't suggest mixing up phenergan and mixing with your shot like I used to with oxy, morphine or heroin. Course I micron filtered it and it added a rush. But its silly and I should have just swallowed 1/2 hour before the shot coz I ended up with a phen tolerance too :/

Though I don't suggest mixing up phenergan and mixing with your shot like I used to with oxy, morphine or heroin. Course I micron filtered it and it added a rush. But its silly and I should have just swallowed 1/2 hour before the shot coz I ended up with a phen tolerance too :/

Didn't that hurt like fuck? Even IM promethazine is pretty painful, and in hospitals they only IV it in extreme cases, and even then they dilute it and inject very slowly.

If it makes you feel better, I used to just pop the pill half an hour before my shot too (usually - occasionally I'd forget, or it'd wear off, and I'd have to IM), and I still built a tolerance to antihistamines.

Doxylamine it extremely sedating to me, I am afraid of potentially problematic CNS depression or respiratory failure when combining with heroin.

My friend Wanthony lives in Australia, I wonder very much how the potency of white powdered heroin compares to that in the United States in New York City. It is extremely powerful here. Wanthony has told me how a lot of drugs that are prescription-only in the US are available OTC in AUS which is cool, but also very curious as to why they would allow a drug with such a dreadful abuse history be so readily available to anyone. Are there a lot of junkies in Australia? Are there many people named Wanthony? Serious question.