• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Bernese Method? Sub maintenance with mess ups. How do we easily recover?

Thisisforsureme

Greenlighter
Hey guys and gals, how we doing? It’s 2021, honestly I’m not sure what the fuck happened to 2020.
i have been on low dose sub maintenance for about 2 years, I haven’t relapsed for nearly a year, but unfortunately I did already. It’s okay, I don’t have a typical view on drugs and don’t see this as a complete failure. I had a great time for 2 days while my sub guy got stuck out of town, now it’s time to chill again. I haven’t been on in a long time and am now seeing all this newish Bernese Method stuff. I don’t want to overlap, I’m just trying to get back on subs and am considering trying a .25 mg tonight. Kinda achey, I have homework I need to do so I’ll have to figure it out. Little sweaty, I believe it may be bupe coming out now. I’m nearly 4 days from any bupe, only used .2 grams of H or fent (whatever the fuck is goin on out here) over 3 days, saved prob a .02 piece I did at 10:00 this morning. It’s 7:45 currently, I’m thinking I’ll be able to microdose sub at around 10. And continue to work in the morning like nothing happened.
Any advice? I feel like shit but I’m so used to sub Wd’s it’s hard for me to tell what I should do..

Whilst you should be waiting longer than 12 hours between using an agonist and a mixed agonist/antagonist, the amount of H you used was so small I would have thought you would be ok. I've certainly used more H and waited less time and been fine, but I've also just done a jump from H to bupe where I waited 16 hours and got quite bad precipitated wd.....

If I was in your situation and I was feeling distinct wd then I would as you suggested start with a very small amount of bupe and then top up every hour based on whether it was helping or not.

The short answer is that you can never be 100% sure what is going to happen, but leave as long as you can bear before taking the sub, start small with it, and you should be ok as long as you are definitely experiencing solid wd before you take it. IIRC I used to just use H on top of my buprenorphine script fairly regularly anyway, waiting until the end of the day when the bupe was low to try and break through it, then dosing my bupe as normal in the morning. That is by no means recommended but it's possible without feeling ill so you should be ok.

I’m currently stacking and using the B method because I ended up getting sick super fast and got scared of dosing bupe. Day two B method, barely using any full agonist. I’ll update later on.