• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzodiazepine Potentiation

Tagamet definitely boosts alprazolam .5mg feels more like 1mg.

I know that temazepam is supposedly unaffected by tagamet but last saturday I did my usual 30mg and decided to add .25mg alprazolam with a tagamet and it completely floored me, I haven't been that benzo wasted since the first time I took my temazepam and the one and only time I took a full bar (separate occasions).

Is Tagamet any good? Tried grapefruit juice all that does is make it more sleepy

Honestly, I don't do anything to potentiate my benzodiazepines because I'm convinced that it's a waste of time. None of these techniques significantly potentiate my benzodiazepine experience, besides the post that lacked HR value but suggested taking codeine with benzodiazepines, and sure, adding in opioids would SYNERGIZE with the benzodiazepine, but that's unsafe and not technically potentiation.

The only thing that can make benzodiazepines stronger for me, is to take a higher dose of benzodiazepines.

Barbiturates, and other GABAergic sedatives. Ie carisorodal, a small amount of a z drug, fiorecet, phenobarbital, meprobamate.

I believe that cimetidine deinately works for etizolamand opiates. I take 2-3 pills 30 - 60 minutes bf=efore my dose, and i swear they kick in harder as a result if this.

Tagamet definitely boosts alprazolam .5mg feels more like 1mg.

I know that temazepam is supposedly unaffected by tagamet but last saturday I did my usual 30mg and decided to add .25mg alprazolam with a tagamet and it completely floored me, I haven't been that benzo wasted since the first time I took my temazepam and the one and only time I took a full bar (separate occasions).

The reason you got floored was because of the temazepam itself, not the measly 0.25mg alprazolam nor was it the GFJ!

Temazepam is a 3-hydroxy benzo which means it is metabolized through conjugation and not via oxidative pathways. Other 3-hydroxy benzos that share this characteristic with temazepam are lorazepam, lormetazepam, oxazepam, flutemazepam etc.

Pregabalin and Gabapentin potentiate benzos like mad, especially at high doses of pregs. L-Theanine is similar in its potentiation of them. Personally, I don't like mixing gabapentin/pregs and benzos, way too dirty.

Benzos and alcohol, on the other hand, "go together like chips and salsa." They are unsafe if you mix high amounts of both, but at reasonable dosages, they are a great mix, and allow you to have fun without getting sick or waking up with a hangover. I won't drink unless there are benzos around, not worth it, imo. 2.5-5mg of Valium before I start drinking, or 0.25mg Xanax if there is no Valium to be found.

Oh man, my first Xanax experience blew me away. I took 0.5mg with 8 oz GFJuice, and smoked some weed, and this was with 20-30mg daily prescribed Valium for 2-3 weeks up to that point, so I had a bit of a benzo tolerance.

cimetidine definitely works for me, as does a decent amount of white grapefruit juice, either/both taken 30-60 minutes before dosing, preferably on an empty stomach. anyone got any idea about grapefruit seed extract? i work in a health food store and have access to an allegedly "high-potency" tablet formulation, but i don't know if whatever it is in GFJ that helps is present in the seeds or not.

also, though it may just be synergy and not true potentiation, those mostly worthless kava kava capsules seem to increase the sedation/relaxation a good bit.

BTW, are you a bodybuilder or something like that? I mean I think it would be pretty weird that a small girl would fall for a chubby guy, who's 2x her weight. (Sorry for the off-topic, just curious.)
Lol it's funny you say that, my boyfriend is a really big guy (6'3 and over 260.. A bit chubby) and I am about 105 pounds, 5'4 and a swimsuit model lol. And I am very attracted to him... Been together for 9 years! So it definately happens! Lol but back on topics, I used to do the grapefruit thing but i definately think that strong muscle relaxers (soma particularly) really potentiates benzos.. Im enjoying it as I type actually ;-).. Also potentiates opiates very well :)

Last edited:
cimetidine definitely works for me, as does a decent amount of white grapefruit juice, either/both taken 30-60 minutes before dosing, preferably on an empty stomach. anyone got any idea about grapefruit seed extract? i work in a health food store and have access to an allegedly "high-potency" tablet formulation, but i don't know if whatever it is in GFJ that helps is present in the seeds or not.

also, though it may just be synergy and not true potentiation, those mostly worthless kava kava capsules seem to increase the sedation/relaxation a good bit.
I too worked in a health food store, I don't know about the grapefruit seed extract working, but the juice I feel would work faster as it is a liquid and doesn't have to be broken down as much, also I used to love the kava kava pure extract liquid, tastes nasty and makes your mouth numb but it definately chills you out nicely,my coworkers and I would keep a bottle behind the counter and take it all day and feel high lol.. I'm not even sure if you can buy that anymore but im gunna try to get some also to help my severe anxiety and panic attacks (even though my shrink gives me Xanax for that) but I don't mind an extra boost :)

Last edited:
The reason you got floored was because of the temazepam itself, not the measly 0.25mg alprazolam nor was it the GFJ!

Temazepam is a 3-hydroxy benzo which means it is metabolized through conjugation and not via oxidative pathways. Other 3-hydroxy benzos that share this characteristic with temazepam are lorazepam, lormetazepam, oxazepam, flutemazepam etc.

I don't know I've done them quite a few times and have taken 60mg by themselves, 30mg+1mg lorazepam, 30mg+.5mg alprazolam but this combo just hit me harder than usual. I guess it's possible that my tolerance simply dropped since I don't take benzos more than once or twice a week and I went back to taking just my prescribed 30mg or .5mg alprazolam with tagamet.

well, well. here i am, detoxing from opiates for the millionth fucking time. i'll save the details of that for another thread, but i have been utilizing alprazolam for the anxiety/dysphoria i'm feeling. not ideal given its short duration, but i don't have any access to clonazepam for a few more days. i don't have any cimetidine on hand at the moment (but will be picking some up the next time i hit the store). i have been experimenting with various herbal anxiolytics/"calmatives" as i couldn't find any benzos for a period. now that i got my hands on some, i've had the chance to mix 'n match a bit. i have found that a skullcap tincture greatly increases the sedation and anti-anxiety effects of alprazolam for me. i have been combining the skullcap with a 1:1 liquid valerian root extract at bedtime and have slept wonderfully. last night i threw in 0.5mg of alprazolam as well and got the best sleep i have had in days.

in case anyone was wondering about my previous question regarding grapefruit seed extract working in the same way as GFJ or whole grapefruit, i'm afraid i can't provide any useful information. i went pretty far overboard with the clonazepam i had at the time and was just popping the extract pills with them. i got plenty messed up, but i wasn't keeping track of dose at all and was using opiates concurrently. maybe i'll be able to conduct a more rigorous experiment after i finish my detox. right now the goal is just to get off opiates once and for all and after i get through the acute phase, i will be using low-dose benzos and various herbal options for the anxiety/panic attacks i always get for the first month or so off opiates. (note: i will be using very low doses of the benzos and alternating with herbal alternatives to avoid benzo addiction/withdrawal. i've never experienced it before and have no desire to do so.)

We don't use swim here as it does not stop you from being identified by LE all it does is confuse ppl & we all know that swimming on benzo's & opis is great way to die lol.
yes alcohol is the quickest most powerful way, but this has also led swim to do ridiculous things that swim would never do. swim enjoys drinking one beer with 2-4 mgs of alprazolam, and then either drinking grapefruit juice, or taking a few tagamet. or course it all depends on tolerance. swim feels good from 2-4 mgs these days as opposed to the 14-20 mgs it used to take swim to feel good in swim's teenage years.

Could piracetam potentiate the efffect of benzos?

i remmeber one night where i took 6 grams of piracetam, pseudoephedrine, and my normal dose of IV clonazepam.

Somehow the high was much more intense.

I can't back this up, but I came across this post on another forum: "piracetam is an nmda AGONIST. it would seem logical to assume that it accelerates benzo tolerance and promotes addiction. and for that reason id stay away from this combination unless you use benzos very infrequently."

This isn't so much to potentiate your benzos but a tip I always use is once I have swallowed my valiums down I always follow it up by drinking a hot cup of tea and that always seems to help them to start working quicker.

I'll a guess and say that has something to do with the tea being warm, no? So if so, that would break down the pills faster than say a cold cup of water. Plus the added effects of l-theanine (present in green tea), adds even more to the calmness.

Sorry to necro, and this may have been said before, but I've found taking 20mg-40mg of Esmoperazole (Nexium), which is a stomach PH balancer, (via protein pump inhibition), potentiates all benzo's. The qualitative improvement is around 33%-50% of your dose, in other words taking 10mg is like taking 15mg, and taking 20mg is like taking 30mg. On the higher end of the scale taking 50mg is more like taking up to 75mg.

You can use this trick to either get higher than usual of your standard dose, or lower your standard recreational dose to make your packet last longer. Remember in higher doses (>50mg) Valium is more likely to have you sleeping through it's euphoric goodness. Unless, like me, you are tolerant. I can take over 100mg at once, after the Nexium, (effects of around 130mg-150mg) and still make it through the day. It's a lovely day, spending a lot of time in the clouds, and I sleep well at night.

I would not recommend these dose levels unless you are quite tolerant.

Always remember the golden rule, you can go up, but you can't go down. Some people have had success dosing 10mg per hour every hour until they feel subjectively 'great'. This feeling usually hits around the 30mg-50mg range. (3-5 hours later). Those figures are without the Nexium though.

As a side note nexium also can potentiate both amphetamines and codeine, but use at your own peril. Taking one drug to power up another is not always the safest way, and I would not do this daily, or even weekly for that matter. Once a month though it's probably fine.

Good luck, and safe and happy camping.