• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzo withdrawals?

have you heard of the Ashton Manual, chenka? its a book about benzos and the mechanism of their addiction.
it's free to read online to i've linked you to it here, chapter two is all about detox and has a great tapering schedule - i suggest you give it a read and create your own tapering schedual, you could even post it here for everyone to have a look at/make suggestions etc etc.

sorry i'm not too helpful i'm really quite high at the moment

I have enough Temazepam to last until next GP visit, if I divide 10 mg into 3 daily, plus stick with the usual 2.5 mg valium twice daily. The Temaz dose was 5 mg x3 daily. Should I expect any symptoms to flare again?
Thanks for the link. I have been reading it and plan to take it to the idiot GP

I have enough Temazepam to last until next GP visit, if I divide 10 mg into 3 daily, plus stick with the usual 2.5 mg valium twice daily. The Temaz dose was 5 mg x3 daily. Should I expect any symptoms to flare again?
Thanks for the link. I have been reading it and plan to take it to the idiot GP
he should keep you on that dose for a couple of weeks no longer an then you can safely jump off with little to no wd als?

^yeah, but if chenka has been addicted to benzos before even a week will definitely result in her becoming benzodiazepine-dependent again, shouldn't we try to avoid that?

Your going to end up addicted for real if your not careful OP. I think it may be the naltrexone that's causing your issue. It's known to cause anxiety and depression by blocking your bodies natural endorphin system. Valium has a long halflife but I don't think your dependent from using 1 day per week. Now if you where actually using 3 times a week then you might be on to something but 1 time a week doesn't add up.

I have stopped the Naltrexone. So given that I have now been using Valium every day for a week, and temaz for going on 3 weeks..my idea to taper the Temaz then worry about the Valium after that seems the way to go?
Given that I drive for a living, the morning doses send me back to bed which is a problem. Is it possible to just take all the Temaz at night or would my body have gotten used to the three times a day regime?