• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzo withdrawal question

B

benzos2016

Hello everyone, how are you?
My question is, if someone was taking benzos (Ambien, Lorazepam),and Etizolam regularly but at a low dosage (for example 5mg of Ambien per night, 1mg of Etizolam per day) for a few months or half a year and stopped, how severe would the withdrawal be?
Long story short I was prescribed many benzos and Etizolam for anxiety/insomnia/mild depression (nothing too serious but feel down a lot of the time) and for the first few months they were great for anxiety (and I still love Etizolam) but after reading all these stories online about the horros of benzo withdrawal I would love to stop using them asap. I started using them about a year ago, was really addicted for a while, spent some time in jail where I had to quit drinking (withdrawal was fine even though I was an alcoholic), ended up using them again when I got out at a low dosage, except for the occasional time (once every few weeks) where I would take 5-6, and take a few more for a few hours and just mellow out. I ended up with a tolerance to Ambien from doing this, I would pop/snort 9-10 pills for a while, run out for a few weeks, then get more from the doctor on the 1st.
Point being, I realized that lately much of my anxiety/depression seems to be coming from the benzos so I'm wondering how I should best get off them? (With ideally a few around in case I have a panic attack but that's all).
My health is not so bad, I stopped being an alcoholic about 6 months ago, I'm not against a toke but I don't do anything else because I know myself and I don't want to end up hooked.