• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Benzo users, what are your top five tips on doing this kind of drug?

ReBiAux

Greenlighter
What are your top five tips for any people about to try benzodiazepines who are looking for advice?

You've never taken them before?

1. Don't underestimate Benzos. They will make you black the fuck out. Especially with no tolerance or never taking them before. My first time taking a benzo was a 2 mg Xanax, I was 15 and I was drunk and my friend gave it to me. I almost died I remember going in and out of consciousness

2. Don't take them every day, don't take them more than a week, take breaks, Benzo addiction is real, and the withdrawal is often considered the worst of any drug, it can kill you.

3. Don't drive on benzos. Every DUI or OUI I've gotten benzos have been involved. They will fuck you up.

4. Don't drink and mix benzos. This isn't a light combination, you're more likely to black out, and you can die.

5. Benzos really should only be used for comedowns of other drugs, severe anxiety situations (I get a few valium every time I fly, I hate flying). If you depend on a drug to fix your life, it will eventually take control and ruin it.

Good luck

As others have said ideally you just wouldn't use them unless clinically necessary but I understand the temptation. Therefore best tip is to take them very infrequently, tolerance and dependence creeps up swiftly with benzos. Having had two seizures from benzo withdrawal over the years I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

What are your top five tips for any people about to try benzodiazepines who are looking for advice?
stay away from xanax, and klonopin, the withdrawals are way to bad, just cycle valium for 14 days max , then come off, no seizures, maybe cry a little bit 3 days later you will be fine. unless you drink then you can come off easy " let me clarify when i say valium i mean 3 a day separated by 8 hours per 10mg tab, for 14 days. Do exceed that limit, as long as you weigh a minimum of 165- to 180 lbs. if you 130lbs only take 5mg per every every 8 hours. do not not drink.

Last edited:
1 drink alcohol with them for full effect
2 combined with pain meds = bliss
3 secure a big supply before starting them
4 dont leave home without them
5 make sure your health insurance is payed up and always have $$$ for bail because if you followed my previous 4 tips you’ll need both .

Just keep using them. I've been scripted benzos since 1974 and taking mdpv has accidentally stopped me from using my benzos, amazing. I won't be telling my Dr tho cos I like the look of the benzo stash growing. Sure I'm gonna need em again.

1 drink alcohol with them for full effect
2 combined with pain meds = bliss
3 secure a big supply before starting them
4 dont leave home without them
5 make sure your health insurance is payed up and always have $$$ for bail because if you followed my previous 4 tips you’ll need both .
You're a really funny dude, made me smile on this Xmas day in the UK, sat alone but have my pv and a myriad of other class A B helpers

As others have said ideally you just wouldn't use them unless clinically necessary but I understand the temptation. Therefore best tip is to take them very infrequently, tolerance and dependence creeps up swiftly with benzos. Having had two seizures from benzo withdrawal over the years I wouldn't wish that on anybody.
You've never taken them before?

1. Don't underestimate Benzos. They will make you black the fuck out. Especially with no tolerance or never taking them before. My first time taking a benzo was a 2 mg Xanax, I was 15 and I was drunk and my friend gave it to me. I almost died I remember going in and out of consciousness

2. Don't take them every day, don't take them more than a week, take breaks, Benzo addiction is real, and the withdrawal is often considered the worst of any drug, it can kill you.

3. Don't drive on benzos. Every DUI or OUI I've gotten benzos have been involved. They will fuck you up.

4. Don't drink and mix benzos. This isn't a light combination, you're more likely to black out, and you can die.

5. Benzos really should only be used for comedowns of other drugs, severe anxiety situations (I get a few valium every time I fly, I hate flying). If you depend on a drug to fix your life, it will eventually take control and ruin it.

Good luck
Rather melodramatic dude. I've been using benzos daily since 1974 and taking mdpv has inadvertently stopped my benzo use , no seizures, no problem at all and I think it's cos I didn't do it on purpose I just forgot to take em and I'm on a high dose of valium and nitrazepam since 74. So must be mind over matter eh?

Rather melodramatic dude. I've been using benzos daily since 1974 and taking mdpv has inadvertently stopped my benzo use , no seizures, no problem at all and I think it's cos I didn't do it on purpose I just forgot to take em and I'm on a high dose of valium and nitrazepam since 74. So must be mind over matter eh?

What’s melodramatic? How you forgot what they did to you at first in the 1800s or my advice?

This is a harm reduction forum no one gives a shit you can stop benzos abruptly and not have seizures. We got plenty of people on here who have, and had seizures due to stopping abruptly.

Your kind of advice is what leads to news articles reading

“High School Sweetheart dies at party.” Cause some older kid told her to take a klonopin and that it was “‘more fun”

Trust me I never took it safe, plenty of times I’ve eaten doses of benzos which would easily kill 10 people. But I don’t go and brag about it or tell others they can do it too.

It’s better safe than sorry. I lost 2 of my best friends to overdoses, and about 25 more close ones. One a girl whose toxicology report was just alcohol and benzodiazepines.

Last edited:
So must be mind over matter eh?

Sorry buddy but avoiding a seizure from abrupt benzo withdrawal is not something you can just will. I am sure there are exceptions like anywhere (apparently your good self), but the majority of people will be at risk of seizure from this. That said, as with anything, dose is the poison. Benzos can be taken safely but if someone is taking them recreationally then the risk of them not being used safely rises dramatically. Stick to reasonable doses and you should be fine but as already said, tolerance develops quickly so if someone is taking them recreationally and regularly then they are likely to keep upping that to achieve similar effect. That's where the danger lies.