• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids benzo then opiate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure unless the OP has a renal/hepatic disorder he'll be fine. Although one can never be 100% sure, as posted by those above me.

From all the posts here I believe the consensus is that you will be fine to take 30mg of oxycodone at once. To be safe, you could certainly take 20mg instead, and add the ten later (although opioids don't really lend themselves to redosing). I think taking 7.5mg and working your way up in such increments, although certainly one of the safest ways you could go about this, is kind of overkill. To really enjoy you're I think you'd need to take a good starter dose. So, again, I'd suggest taking 20mg oxy and just saving the 10mg for a rainy day. Or take 15mg and then the other 15mgs. But even taking 30mg is almost certain to be safe. The choice is yours...

This post made me feel a lot more at ease and less anxious about it, thank you so much :D

Of course you're very welcome. Yea, we just want you to understand what you're doing. It's good to be careful - you can never be too careful when mixing benzos and opioids. But you have been just careful enough, given that you're putting in the leg work to check out what the consequences of your drug use could be.

So yea, stay safe and have fun!

It all depends on dosage, the opiate and timing.

I mixed .5 mg clonzapam with around 40 mg morphine and it was too sedating, slowed breathing ect. Oxy should be fine since its a bit less sedating, but still keep the dosage low.

op has all the info they need here. Start small work your way up. The thread is ripe for closure.

Just had a quick question that I seem to be worrying about.

My normal dose of oxycodone is 30mg
rarely do benzos

Today I did 0.5mg of klonopin (felt it a little bit, not too much) around 4pm

Now tomorrow I'm looking to do an oxy, but since klonopin has such a long half-life i'm worried they will interact negatively.

Im looking to do the oxy roughly 12-18 hours later.

Any advice? I don't like mixing drugs, im pretty cautious about that, so any advice will be appreciated :)

Mixing different CNS depressants can be very dangerous, but in your case it shouldn't be a problem. A hangover from 0.5 mg clonazepam along with 30 mg of oxycodone will not put you in any danger. You may feel additive sedative effects, but that's where the ball stops. You might not even notice a hangover effect, it all depends on the individual.

Some of my biggest polydrug binges (maybe all of them) have started with a small amount of a benzo. I take it and think 'yeah this isn't bad' for about an hour, but then i can't feel much so I think I'll take a little more... skip forward a couple of hours and I'm shoving anything and everything I have in my stash into my face. It's so counter-productive because benzos blunt the effects of some things (psychs).

Yep. My crack dealing neighbor said to me once, "What's that drug you always be on when you hit me up, jazz hands?" I told him it was Xanax, though truly it was many different benzos.

For some people benzos can be almost as fiendish as crack. Take for example this:

The severity of the addiction which can develop to temazepam is illustrated by the case of a temazepam injector who needed his leg amputated but was later admitted for a second amputation since he had continued injecting into his remaining leg (Parrott 1995). A second subject, following a leg amputation, injected temazepam gel into his eye, resulting in bilateral blindness.

bzaddict1.jpg

Source: Dr. Ashton's website

I myself will often find that I do that with certain benzos (temazepam, nitrazepam, and others - the ones I enjoy recreationally). I take a few, they hit me and then I want to take a few more and it just continues until I have very little left or nothing left. Then I wake up the next morning wondering what happened to all my benzos. I get alprazolam prescribed 1 mg 3x/day, but I don't do that with them. I use them just like I should.

Status
Not open for further replies.