• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo kindling question

polarthedog

Bluelighter
So I was taking benzos close to daily for about five years, I was on 30 mg a day of Valium, and I would get high off benzos at kinda high doses pretty regularly, like there have been days where’s I would take 10-20 mg clonazepam at once, or drink with smaller doses.

I have taken maybe less than the equivalent of one Valium for th entire last 7 years ( no not one a day, like I’ve laken one pill total in about 7 years)

So I’m wondering if I started again, would kindling even be an issue anymore? Or would it be like I’ve never been addicted to them before?

I believe kindling is more about how many times you've gone through withdrawal, and not how long you've been taking it, if that makes sense. Not 100% sure on that, though.

i thought you replied to your own post, snafu because of the kitty cowboy hat picture you both share 🤣

yeah i’m not too sure, i think it has to do with withdrawal repeats and such. i asked about it awhile ago to better understand it. if you’ve been sick from them a lot then yeah you may would have some rebound, probably not a lot though if you’re not taking megadoses or binging.

cheers xo

I've taken benzos off and on for the last 10+ years.
I've been lucky and rarely get any withdrawals. I do get some rebound panic & anxiety for a day or so after stopping.
I think it's variable for everyone.

Snafu is right too, kindling is more about the amount of times you've gone through withdrawal. The more withdrawals you've gone through, the worse they start to get.

I think after 7 years of abstinence, you might be already. But it's hard to say.

I have come to understand from reading and experience. The amount of the dosage and also the and also duration of time spent on any potency and substance is and will affect the taper. Each time the cellular memory, however, seems to affect the kindling reaction.

Approach the situation with much CAUTION. In all aspects as well. Slowly and carefully. It's an acquired experience and can be significant. Be careful. Be lucky.

And MY hat is Pretty !!!!!!! Your attire is beautiful as well.