• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Benzo Dope and Tranq: The Next Wave of the Overdose Crisis (Video)

They say it could be RC benzos like etizolam. But....aren't opiate addicts combining opiates with benzos for decades? it's just a new presentation and fucked up that they do that but nothing new tbh.
Yes. Here is a documentary that is now been around for well over a decade, I believe, about those on Methadone who also combine benzos. Has been a "subculture" for a very long time.

Methadonia is its name.

^^^^ I think this is more specific than just mixing benzos & opioids. As in fent + benzos poses a higher danger than benzos + traditional opioids alone.

I mean people have been mixing benzos & opioids since they were first released to the public. The cutting of fent with benzos & tranqs is something new though & obviously has increased dangers, especially if the person thinks they're just doing fent or heroin & ends up intaking benzos & tranqs ontop of that.

The cutting of fent with benzos & tranqs is something new though
1990 was my last methadone stint. But yes, benzos were the rage amoungst the users. One of the clinics I went to was a private clinic owned by two brothers. One was the doctor the other the business guy. Private clinics have much more freedom to do what they want, dosing hours, take homes, etc... But the one brother that was a doctor had no problem writing a script for benzos even if a person just dropped a few milligrams. I got quazepam a few times that way. I did not however know anyone at the clinic so I was on my own. Probably for the best lol.

But the difference here is as you state Deathindustrial88, making your own decisions to mix is different than being sold a mixture.

Two thoughts struck me as I watched the video. One was xylazine sounds nasty. The other is something in me gets pissed off at the total lack of living life and giving a shit about anything. The indifference of some of the users is angering. I guess because they have families.

I was addicted to opiates pretty much most of ,my life. Smarter ways to indulge for sure than buying fenta/benzodope. But even at my height of addiction I was doing software for banks and making a living and not worrying my family. (not true for a short period where my family was very worried and I had to steal for opiates but that was short lived once poppy tea showed up) I think the aspect that angers me was when that persons father was speaking. I mean not giving a shit about yourself is one thing, then that extends to family. I don't know, I just think opiates like heroin should be given to people by clinics freely and get rid of the fentadope altogether. Most of these people that really do not give a shit need a leg up and some form of extended help. And we as a society should do that. But politicians are the ones killing people. All they care about is showboating.

Last edited:
About 20 years ago I heard of xylazine and related a2 agonists being cut into heroin. People waking up several hours after banging up their H.

Just one of the reasons I never touch street drugs. You don't know what you are getting. I mean, a few years ago we saw a spate of carfentanil deaths because some genius had the Chinese make a few Kg and then said genius attempted to cut it to make 'white heroin'. The problem with all of those superpotent opioids is their activity varies hugely between individuals. It might be x15000M for one person, x36000 for another. A trail of dead people was the result.