• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Benzos Benzo addiction (alprazolam), clonazepam taper.

LivingOnValium

Bluelighter
So apparantly this is what i do. I get constantly physically dependand on drugs and then detox. After a while the cycle starts again.

For about 4 months i did 6-8mg alprazolam per day. I always started munching ksalols after work. I never appeared intoxicated at work.

So i decide it's time to end this. The tolerance won't allow me to have fun again. So i start reducing my dose and i get to 4mg per night really easy.

When i go down to 3mg i start to feel really anxious during my work shift. I don't want to do benzos at work so i go back to 4mg per evening.

I stock up on clonazepam (rivotril 2mg) and make a switch to clonazepam. 4mg taken as single dose carries me well throughout the 24 hours. In 5 days i reduce my dose to 3mg taken as a single dose after work. Still no problems whatsoever.

I kept taking 3mg/day for a week and am now down to 2mg/day. Everything is is smooth, no jitteriness or anxiousness.

In a week i'll go down to 1,5mg/day and see what happens. I got enuff rivotrils to bump up my dose if things start to feel nasty and longer taper is needed.

Moral of the story is that alprazolam/Xanax is a hell of a drug to quit. Honestly i cannot see many people stopping it successfully without major trouble. If you're addicted to xanax and wanting to quit you should switch to longer acting benzo. Diazepam would be ideal but it currently isn't available to me so I chose clonazepam.

I know i'm still half way there but things look promising.

The only annoying thing is that occasionally i have to fight the urge to triple dose my clonazepam to feel good. However i will not do that. At least this far i've been succesful. When i get the urge i usually just smoke weed and that pretty much does the trick.

I've been on this situation so many times i can't even remember. It started im the early 2000's. 😂

I'm afraid that this will not be the last time i find myself in this situation. But hey, that's life.

Today is gonna be a hard day for me. I have an extremely hard time resisting fucking up my taper and taking 6-8mg clonazepam instead of the regular 2mg dose. It's because I received my buvidal weekly injection (buprenorphine 32mg weekly depot injection) in the morning and I'm starting to feel it a bit, My energy levels are back to normal and there's a slight sense of euphoria I can already notice. It gets even better in the evening. I know caining clonazepam would greatly enhance this but I'm not gonna do it.

I've prepared this with 2g of highly potent pure Indica strain. I just need to do the chores and go to the gym first. Then it's time for the bong rips.

Good luck LOV. You seem a pro and know how to handle this. Thanks for documenting. When someone researches this will help.

Nice one LoV, glad you've decided to quit and your taper is smoother now you're on clonazepam. My only advice would be to try and go slowly, especially when below 1mg.
Normally a 10% reduction every 1-2 weeks is recommended, so don't feel too bad if dropping from 2mg to 1.5 feels too severe.
As long as you never go up, your taper can be as slow as you like, IMO anyway.