Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Being Raided at Parents House...

mushi mushi 88

Bluelighter
Hey I'm quite curious on this subject, I have heard stories from people that if the police come to your house to search for contraband and you are living with your parents they only search your room and not other rooms...?

Now I'm sure their would be issues which would suggest to make them search in other places like maybe if their parents had a record or something or they just have a really really close eye on you...

Has anybody had an previous experience about his or actually know..? I'm just curious into the subject cause you know how you hear stories people tell you when they have been raided and shit.

Not true.

They can and will go through every room in the house and go through everything. Draws, boxes, cupboards etc

Not a nice thing to put your folks through.

yea been there done that.

And they go through the whole house absolutly everything Sheds out side everyones rooms the roof and alot more if they think youve got something good (ie tear down your walls)

Ive been raided twice at my parents

First time they came looking for bud i was supposidly selling htey didnt search to hard mostly cause i just handed it over when i saw the warrent (the whole 4grams of pot lol)

Second time we had the bomb squad and sniffer dogs come by looking for explosives lol We had been blowing up deoderant cans and chlorine bombs 2 night prior sooo.... lol
Either way they made a bit of a mess of my perents room

So yes they raid you and everyone else there too
oh and if your parents are home at the time they will be detained for the length of the search too

Oh shit that sucks I never thought that they do. That must be so hard for the parents I hope I never put my mum through that....

I heard they leave everything looking like a bomb shell with shit everywhere....

If cops show up at your parents house just ask for the detective or officer in charge and then hand over whatever u have , if you have alot of stuff then Id suggest seperating it and if the boys in blue show up just hand a smaller amount over and thats it , they will assume thats all there is.

It works sometimes but the nice police probably reading this thread so prob wont work anymore lol.

btw If the intel on you is strong then they can show up with a few shovels and will start diggin your garden up.

Best bet is dont sell drugs from your parents house or even give police a reason to show up.

I got into trouble when I was 16 , I had used american mastercard ( stolen numbers ) and ordered like 5k worth of computer stuff in 1992. Someone tried same thing and got caught and dobbed me and someone else in.My mate said they know everything blah blah so I knew 2 weeks in advance they were gonna show up so I was able to get other things out of the house that I shouldnt have had like my nice pot plant :)

I just said yep I did it sorry , tears etc , handed over goods and all I got was a caution as I didnt bullshit or anything just told them the 100% truth.

Also If police do damage your property in the search then they must pay for repairs etc if nothing is found in the search , but if ANYTHING is found like a bong or anything that could be linked to drugs or similar and a charge is lput against you then your up shit creek without a paddle and you will have to pay for repairs yourself unless when you go to court you take photos and say police went overbaord and sometimes a judge may order they pay for damages but remember your hiding drugs etc and not co-operating with police so not good in your favour to get $$$ for damages.

Edited- lil angel15

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I don't sell anything so I'm not to worried but some of my mates do and this has come up in the conversation from time to time...

Edit- Considering this is a HR website, I really don't think we need to go into that thanks. lil angel15

I suppose people would have to dog you in to know your dealing, so many people sell these days they would have their eyes on heaps of people. So unless your like read hot or associating with known suspects I think you can kind cruise until it all blows up in your face....

Last edited by a moderator:
Many years ago ran in to an old mate of mine whom i used to hang out with and he just looked shatterd and asked him what was up and then he told me how the cops had raided him and found the p**nd dope he had hidden in there roof of his parents house. he was caught up with some dodgy peopel and had to much cash that he wanted to turn into more cash! turns out some people above him rolled over on him.
After hearing all this i just thought what a fucked situation to put your parents in! won't go into detail but it was some pretty heavy shit!

No that's not true, well at least that hasn't happened in my case or of any I've heard of. I was at home when it happened a while ago and they didn't ask whose house it was or whose room was whose or anything like that...

What are you referring to when you say 'that no true' footscrazy? Their could be a lot of things that are not true....

They can come to your house at any time of the day or night as well can't they...?

only if they have a warrant, probable cause or you let them in. and im sure there are other reasons, but theyre some i can think of atm

i've had times when police have turned up to my place and asked to step inside to talk and i've told them no, outside it just fine.

just did a quick search through some law books i have and googled the police powers and responsibilities ACT, which is the act which governs the way police have to conduct themself and came across this website which is really important about what they have to do

Qld police powers and responsibilities ACT in pdf format

a guide by the shopfront.org (youth legal service) to the police powers act in NSW

your rights to police powers act in victoria done by legal aid victoria

and also weblaw links to each states acts governing the police forces within it

What are you referring to when you say 'that no true' footscrazy? Their could be a lot of things that are not true....

I was referring to your original question
I have heard stories from people that if the police come to your house to search for contraband and you are living with your parents they only search your room and not other rooms...?

In my experience, when it happened to me and when it's happened to friends of mine, they have searched the whole house regardless of the fact that the people they were focusing on searching were living with their parents.

have a look at the links that i put up there is enough info in there to answer these questions by people who work in the field at the pointy end :)

Thanks for the links Mick some questions answered...

I was talking to a mate last night and one of his mates got raided but his mother was a JP anyways when the cops came a knocking she went off her head at her son say how could he does this in my home and all that stuff, well anyways they ended up just searching his room and thats it nowhere else.

Don't know whether he's talking shit or not though he may not of even known the fella that well.

i got raided some1 ratted me in, cops rocked round wit there warrent n said got reason to beleive i got shit in my room when livin with olds. they didnt find much bit of weed bout 20 pills n money but they only searched my room made a good mess. luckily mum was away for christmas at the time so she didnt need to go through it but still didnt check any other room or my car which had my scales in there which i guess is what saved my ass n got me off a trafficking charge.

as long as they got that peace of paper or you have been locked up n they got reason for suspician as my case i got locked up for drunk n had few pills on me that they got, did 6 hrs in the cells then getting interviewd they brought out the reason for suspicion n they were at my place half hour later

^^ yes they can rock up anytime day or night

In my experience though Search warrents are served early morning Most of the time in order to catch you whilst still in bed thus hopefully preventing you from flushing your stash

They came looking for my lil bro at 11:30pm on an arrest warrent for not attending his drug diversion counciling once too

I got raided 5-6 years ago at my parents house at 3-4am. Before that i got searched, handcuffed then id bout 10 hours in the cell. They searched everything. From basement to the attic. My car and all rooms, toilets and everything. If they know you have a large quantity then they will search everything, lucky i didnt have anything in my house at the time. They searched a few of my mates house too because he was using weed and they caught him at a club raid but they only searched his room. Dont keep anything in ur house or you can hide it in a very very good spot.