• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Diet Being fat when you were a child

Survival0200

Bluelighter
I was fat most of my childhood, because of bad parenting. My parents are nice and sweet, but not the best when it comes to upbringing a kid with healthy eating habits. I would have more money than my friends and I was able to use it as I liked. Of course I bought candy, Big Macs and such. This resulted in me being overweight onwards from third grade. I wasn't bullied at school that much - of course I had to hear insults about my weight every now and then. Some other kids didn't like me just because I was fat - especially girls. I never had a girlfriend like other boys did - not until I was an adult. I hated P.E. in school, especially when you had to take a shower after the lesson. The school nurse was always complaining about my weight and I started to be afraid of her, because of all the complaining.

Just wanted to share this, because I think being a fat kid had an impact on my mental well-being. If I ever become a parent I will make sure that eating candy and Big Macs are only for special occasions.

What do you think about this? Do you have similar experience that you would like to share?

Yes I was "fat shamed" as a kid but waiting on therepist to call me in and will revisit this in a while.
<3
Funny thing it is hard af to keep weight on in my middle age as it seems metabalism has ramped up.

I was a fat kid in school up until senior year college.
But I learned that girls still like fatties, you just gotta know the right words to say to them.
Then I lost the weight, became fit and had a harder time getting the girls because of how good I looked.
I figured out how to keep the weight off, then came the antipsychotics.
Now I can't lose the weight again because they are affecting my ability to burn fat.
<unnecessary comment>

Anyway, you can still get the girl even if you're fat. Probably easier. But then a relationship is difficult to maintain as erections might not come around as easy.
I ate way more as a teenager and in early college years than I do now. <triggering content>

Last edited by a moderator:
So yeah I was put on diets and made to exercise when I was a wee lad. The worst of it was being sent to elementary school with the soda "Tab" and that tasted like shit. Wouldnt drink it. Nasty stuff, imo.
Brother (RIP) used to tell me I was going to a fat farm. lol Looking back its kinda funny but hurt then and made me feel less than.
I can see now that it did leave me with a complex of sorts for many years but these days try to keep weight on and dont mind the little exrta cusion... if we hit hard times with food at least I may make it one day longet than those who ascribe to be as thin as possible to placate the media.
peace
love yourselves.
:In love: