• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Beginning Opiate Detox

Hi Outside, Welcome here to our Tribe :)
This is where we are all the same on the inside , and willing to listen and pass on Experience and Hope to each other !!
I am a cancer survivor as well. Ten years ago stage 3 head and neck carotid artery, 8 weeks of high Radiation and Chemo Yuck!!!
so cancer free ( very grateful)
but ' The Price of admission " side effects, the gift that just keeps giving is No joke and will never get better, only worse :(

You have this!!
Not sure where you are going??
getting off them or Making it through withdrawals till refill and a more protected Rx

Imodium works wonders for me,
a slow tapper is more humane, if that works for you
I have never been on H or even Oxy for a few years now ( NORCO 10/325), so not looking to start the Sub thing.
i have watched too many people spend years on that ride and then need rehab, and a battle from hell to get off???
Looks like BS to me that MAT is a pleasant road to go??
again never been on it, I may need to? never been off the Norco for last three years , lowest been is 1 a Day???

I found that as a cancer patient my pain meds where fine, and helped with my recovery and Tx.
We only heal when not in pain!!

So take it slow and easy!
the whole world seems to be going Bat Shit crazy
and I do not find many people around who are really very happy, and or healthy at the moment.

Cancer Suck, Its no Joke
Physically and Mentally Extremely Taxing on the mind and Body.
Take it slow and be good to your self!!

Cancer does suck ass, doesn’t it ?. I’m essentially trying to taper off my meds since I can’t have them in the house without locking them up and I’d honestly like to look for more natural ways to heal. I think all cancer patients struggle with stubbornness, don’t you think? We live with that inherent fear it’ll all disappear one day so we need to live now.

My mother had sinus cancer. She had a maxillectomy. She went through radiation. Which made her bones start to crumble in her jaw.

She was cancer free for 18yrs. Then it came back with a vengeance. This is really difficult for me to talk about.

Cancer is no joke. It's a terrifying rollercoaster ride. Outside, the thought of your husband helping himself to your meds infuriates me. For future reference, hide your meds, get a safe, whatever. Now you know.

I offered my mother my Oxy's after she had a surgery. But she needed liquid Dilaudid, due to having half of the roof of her mouth removed.

I went and picked up her Rxs. I would've done anything for her. I have to stop - I'm starting to cry.

I'm glad you got an appointment, fingers crossed that it will be an awesome, helpful visit. ❤️

Ps- my mom was an alcoholic She preferred a drink to pain meds. I'm not a drinker, I probably would be if it made me get that warm glow I heat of. It's like throwing cold water on me if I drink. I get depressed.

Ps- my mom was an alcoholic She preferred a drink to pain meds. I'm not a drinker, I probably would be if it made me get that warm glow I heat of. It's like throwing cold water on me if I drink. I get depressed.

I just hope my primary is willing to help. At some point pain management had me on so much oxy I couldn’t function, but now when I want to stop, no one wants to help. I used to drink but I stopped when I got sick because I’m afraid of mixing meds and alcohol ?. I’m a total sad drunk too.

guys thanks for the shares :love:

Pain meds and alcohol DO NOT MIX !!!!

A lot of this countries accidental ODs ( just got the Recipe.. WRONG :cry:) of our young people are just that.

I have been in AA since 1983 and a Grateful Alcoholic, Opioids are a whole new Hell, and chronic Pain does suck as well.
Cancer is a Whole new dimension of mental ass fuck for me!!!
I went in with an ear acke , and as they say the rest is history.

Morphine, Dilaudid , Oxys , now down to NORCO , but I have not been able to step off this last dose 30mg/day???

I am dependent on it, and Addicted (???? I don't know) way different from when I stopped alcohol!!

But after 35 years of 12 step Brain wash ( and boy did I need a Commercial cleaning of my brain Lol Lol Haha)

I just do the best I can One Day at A Time

All is well
JP

Isn't it a bitch that you can't get help when you ask. I was trying to get into rehab when I started relapsing. Nip it in the bud.

I wasn't physically dependent again - yet - but am wise to this rodeo. And it sure as hell wasn't my first one lol.

They kept telling me daily, there were no empty beds on the women's side. I called everyday for a year. It was crazy.

I. Wanted/Needed. Help. Isn't reaching out the right thing to do? That's what I thought anyway. I didn't realize how impossible and expensive rehab is. Making it near impossible to get in.

I was court ordered to the chronic pain rehab. Which, as I said, was the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm forever grateful to the county for paying for it.

Iceman, I understand your feelings about ORT Being on Subutex allows me to be a mostly responsible person. If I wasn't on Subutex, I'd be using dope full time again. As far as stopping, I'm going to cross that bridge when I get to it. Like you said, for today, all is well.

And indeed DO NOT mix pills and alcohol. Or pills and dope, especially benzos.

I do hope you're both having a peaceful evening, and the weather is nice wherever you are. It's feeling very Springish in PA tonight. I'll take it.

Isn't it a bitch that you can't get help when you ask. I was trying to get into rehab when I started relapsing. Nip it in the bud.

I wasn't physically dependent again - yet - but am wise to this rodeo. And it sure as hell wasn't my first one lol.

They kept telling me daily, there were no empty beds on the women's side. I called everyday for a year. It was crazy.

I. Wanted/Needed. Help. Isn't reaching out the right thing to do? That's what I thought anyway. I didn't realize how impossible and expensive rehab is. Making it near impossible to get in.

I was court ordered to the chronic pain rehab. Which, as I said, was the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm forever grateful to the county for paying for it.

Iceman, I understand your feelings about ORT Being on Subutex allows me to be a mostly responsible person. If I wasn't on Subutex, I'd be using dope full time again. As far as stopping, I'm going to cross that bridge when I get to it. Like you said, for today, all is well.

And indeed DO NOT mix pills and alcohol. Or pills and dope, especially benzos.

I do hope you're both having a peaceful evening, and the weather is nice wherever you are. It's feeling very Springish in PA tonight. I'll take it.

It’s a beautiful night and I know whatever happen tomorrow will happen. Thank you again Stargazer. You won’t ever truly know what your words meant to me today. I’ll let you know how it goes tomorrow and hope the anxiety tonight doesn’t get the best of me.

Thanks
Weather still sucks a bit here in New England ☔️???
But getting better
Been wet and cold at the beach

Stay on what ever works for everyone
The job is to not allow medical care turn in to Addiction!!!

I truly blame the greed of Big Pharma for a lot of this Shit show
Push an Addictive drug, that builds Torrence , and has Shity withdrawals

Get Drs to Push them and insurance companies to Pay for them! Making them almost FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

And people wonder why we have a problem?..

I am sure we all remember Rush Dr shopping in FLA ?..

I wish you luck today outside. I couldn't sleep at all last night.

It's funny that I mentioned how nice the weather was, we're in the middle of a tornado warning right now. WTH?! We don't get tornadoes in PA but it seems apparently we might start.

It's raining really hard, and the wind must be blowing 50mph. Wow. This is crazy.

Good luck today. If you need to, write down the things you want to be sure to discuss with the Dr. I hope you stop in and update us. We're rooting for you!

Star,
same here weather sucks, no Tornadoes ( I hope) but huge rain/wind cold and shitty
I work outside Yuck
I will try a tapper off 30 mg of NORCO today ??
How the fuck did I get here ?
58 and would have hoped I knew better,but addiction and Pain are true Mother fuckers
All is well
one day at a time

I wish you luck today outside. I couldn't sleep at all last night.

It's funny that I mentioned how nice the weather was, we're in the middle of a tornado warning right now. WTH?! We don't get tornadoes in PA but it seems apparently we might start.

It's raining really hard, and the wind must be blowing 50mph. Wow. This is crazy.

Good luck today. If you need to, write down the things you want to be sure to discuss with the Dr. I hope you stop in and update us. We're rooting for you!

Star, so I did call my pain management and was told that they don’t take self pay, only insurance. Which makes me wonder how much they were billing my insurance for my 5 minute visit every month. This is all so incredibly disheartening. I still see my primary today so he is literally my last hope.

Be safe! That sounds like crazy weather. I’ve never seen a tornado so I can’t imagine what that’s like.

I want get to the point where I can take Suboxone every other day. I have dissociactives to help me. Also clonazepam and catapresan

Outside - try not to feel or get defeated I've been through insurance issues, having my Dr of 9yrs treat me like I was a stranger, during my struggles. Somehow, this will work out. Keep going forward. Don't give up. Ever.

Iceman- In reality, you're doing f'ing amazing. You started on Oxy's, and you got yourself tapered down to Norcos. That's incredible! Just take your time, and don't get discouraged. Youre going to get there. There's not a damn thing wrong, pain meds can really do a number on us. I can't believe I went from barely taking Motrin to an IV heroin addict. Compliments of pain management. I was prescribed OxyContin, told it was non-addictive, and much better than the short acting meds I was taking because I was running the risk of getting addicted. W in the F???

Glutamate - that's definitely doable. Figure out your taper schedule and comfort meds.

Hope everyone is having a good night. We didn't get that tornado. But, damn, the weather was downright hostile at 4am.

Stargazer, Thank you ?
I just would like this to all be over, but I know the truth, that I am very lucky to be alive and have the quality of life that I have after Cancer treatments ??
and all the side effects where totally described to me up front by my Oncologists, as he always reminds me!!

My Response: " But I was dying of Cancer , when I agreed "

His Response : " YOU DIDN'T" Next ??? Lol Haha

It gets old quick Iceman. I can definitely appreciate that.

The banter between you and your oncologist is funny! You both are right!

Well, they said they’d set me up with a taper but of course it takes time. I was able to stretch what I had left and rapid tapered from the 70-80 mg of oxy to 10-15 mg of hydro yesterday morning. The withdrawal just started but I just took promethazine for nausea and I sent my thief out to buy the Imodium. By the time they got me “settled” to begin my taper, I’ll probably be out of withdrawal.

Oh hell. Turns out someone told me wrong info and I’m seeing PM tomorrow. Hope for a cancellation for today guys.