• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Basic HEROIN Culture Questions

"scramble" is heroin from baltimore, maryland that is usually more "cut" compared to the "raw" that they have there. i believe scramble comes in gelcaps and raw comes in little vials.

^yeah pretty much. Scramble is just street slang for adulterated heroin. Its more or less intended to be injected, since the type of cuts they use increase the rush and nod. Its weird, but ppl who shoot scramble as their drug of choice will tell you they are addicted to the cuts in the dope as well as the heroin itself.

Some batches of scramble have weird stuff in it, other batches are actually quite good. All depends on where you get it from. I dont think its just a baltimore thing, i think they have it in chicago as well.

Scramble is more popular on the street than the "raw" dope among addicts because it seems like you get more of it since its a bunch of powder, even thought most all of it is cut.

medicine cabinet said:
^yeah pretty much. Scramble is just street slang for adulterated heroin. Its more or less intended to be injected, since the type of cuts they use increase the rush and nod. Its weird, but ppl who shoot scramble as their drug of choice will tell you they are addicted to the cuts in the dope as well as the heroin itself.

Some batches of scramble have weird stuff in it, other batches are actually quite good. All depends on where you get it from. I dont think its just a baltimore thing, i think they have it in chicago as well.

Scramble is more popular on the street than the "raw" dope among addicts because it seems like you get more of it since its a bunch of powder, even thought most all of it is cut.

Yeah we get scramble, it just isn't defined as anything different amongst the young set. Out west, you can get 4 extra for your deal, and it comes in gel caps. Thank god, cause I had to eat it once. It ain't 'scramble' by name, everybody just calls it shit or dope or caps since it's in pills or whatever.

Then you got spot dope. That can come in any goddamn way you can think. There's 'tape bags', which are basically a foilie wrapped up inbetween two pieces of tape: a clear tape side and a colored duct tape side. They call it out by color, so 'pink bags' or 'black tape' etc. That's only some spots though. Others have it in regular baggies. Then there's also loose foils, foils IN baggies, stapled bags, etc etc etc.

Then there's dealers with a number. Now don't think just cause you got a number from a spot that you're all good, cause a spot number ain't a dealer, it's more like for when they aren't outside, or after spots close (ten PM as a rule, but every rule has exceptions in both directions). Dealers can vary widely. I had a hispanic fellow who did me awesome even though he charged 20 for a 10, cause he was a block from my house and we live in a not so bad neighborhood (other then the faggot yuppies) and so it was cool. I've got tar in my neighborhood too, which is out of the ordinary. My current main man is way way south, but infinitely worth it. Easily the best I've done by price/weight in the Chi, in clear white bags.

So as you see dope comes in many forms in Chicago.

Yeah seems that way man lol cheers for the info. Its interesting to me all the local names, habits and what not of various cities.

*whitegirl* said:
Here in the midwest (Dayton, OH and IN) it is either boy or dog food, but when I was in SC/NC they had no idea what boy was....Hell they didn't have any boy period:\

Damn you must not have been asking the right people I'm in NC and I've never had a problem finding dog food (which is what they call it in the hoods here). Boy is another term but it's not used as commonly. It's kind of underground here so I can understand your past difficulties. I've seen one-stop shops here for "boy" and "girl", gear ranging from tar to powder & soft to hard for the girl. The powder here varies greatly while the tar is almost always average quality.

Interesting stuff on this page about NC :) Good to see I'm not the only one that can find the good shit here once and awhile.

Last edited:
ToxicFerret said:
My current main man is way way south, but infinitely worth it. Easily the best I've done by price/weight in the Chi, in clear white bags.

I've always wanted to visit Chicago as well as do dope there. Clear white bags are generally a good sign here in NC too as the best dealers w/ the best product use them (IMEs). How does the westside of Chi-town compare to the southside in terms of drug activity and heroin deals?

I'm in SE NC (NC people probably can guess what city) and it is all over the place here. We get stamped and blank glassine bags just like the northeast.

I don't do the stuff with any regularity, usually once or twice a year. Tried one recently called Hi Hater with red letters. I have no tolerance or much to base judgement on but I was loaded. My buddy who copped for me was also impaired off one injected.

Also he showed me some "Da Blue Print" with blue letters which he said was fairly good. Evidently there is a decent selection available here. He listed 4 or 5 stamps he could get at the time. From what I hear from him and others it comes here pre-bagged most of the time from new york.

I've been gettin screwed lately and i dont understand why well i kinda do but im no sure what to do about it. It used to be that i could roll up and get 4 for * or 7 for * but now the last couple times ive gone i say hey can i get 2 for * or whatever and they're like yeah sure man here you go and toss me 1 fucking bag and when im like hey wheres 2? they're like oh yeah its 2 on the point or whatever when i know its just one point. Also im white and scrawnt so im not trying to stay to long and argue over the shit when the pigs could roll up or they decide they've had enough of my whining and rob me. This has only recently been happen like the last 2 times and never when i go with my boy which i dont understand cause he's white and about the same height and all i guess hes just got more swagger. I'm thinkin this is mostly happenin cause the same guy keeps coming up to serve me I guess hes telling everyone else to back off but how do i ask to be served by someone else like i used to have without pissin this dude off. My other strategy is to just buy one bag at a time fuck that paying for 4 getting 2 or paying for 2 gettin 1 but this involves alot more risk. multiple times to cop = more chances to get busted. maybe this dude will get popped and i can go back to the other dudes that were hooking me up straight. it was hot as fuck when i went by a second time today, squads of motorcycle cops, paddy waggons, etc pulling over anyone looking suspicious in the area aka white. I copped one when i should of gotten two, went back later hoping i could find someone else but there was blue lights and ambulances so i got the fuck outta dodge.

next time i might just get out the car and holler at someone else i wish some of the other dudes would come up, they know my car by now and i'd be alot more willing to buy more than one bag if i knew i was gonna fucking get more than one.

anyone with any suggestions on what to say / do would be much appreciated

Last edited:
^ it's because you're only getting 1 or 2 bags. no one wants to fuck with you cause to them you're just a white fiend only spending 2 bags max. they don't care how much you used to buy or who your friends are. the dude who is shorting you is probably the lowest-level dealer on the set because he obviously has the need to specifically rip off the people that only come with $20, etc. you should ask for more than 2 bags. most dope dealers don't like doing less than 3 IME. bundles are where it's at because they figure you're buying for people in the suburbs or something and that equates to more business in their minds.

I'd just go and cop more. They are more likely to give you a better deal if you purchase 4 or 7 or a full ten.

so if they tell u theres 2 bag in one you say no there aint. obviously youre new to the scene and dont know what the hell youre doin and they can see the difference between a newjack and a junkie who ben doin it for years. know your shit and you aint gonna have that problem. once you get in good they will always serve you and you will always get wat you deserve if not more. my boy i used to cop with was goin to the same people for years, 3-5 yrs and they always hooked him up, he was goin to the same spot for so long and it had wen thru several people running the spot after theyd get locked up and he would always go thru and get the new number and get treated good as fuck, hooked up, etc. thats how it is. u be a good custie ur gonna get good service. u bringin them money.2 bags aint no money. buy more and u get more. if u dont get the number of bags youre suposed to then say somethin and if they give u shit then say na man i aint stupid i kno wats up and if they still try n hustle u tell em its their bad becuz u would be comin back with money for them but now they gonna lose it and ur gonna find a new spot to cop from becuz ur gettin so much bullshit that it aint worth it. then u go find a new connect and thats that. dont act dumb and u aint gonna get ripped. experience can only come from experience but hopefully u can learn quick enough to get ur shit straight, otherwise if all of this that im tellin u dont work, then u are doing somethin wrong that u aint tellin us here. liek i said......learn and change based on wat u learn...if u cant do that get the fuck out the game....

JV said:
in OH all i hear is boy. never heard dog food before.

Everyone call brown powder heroin 'dog food' around cleveland..........Id never heard that term before living in ohio.

Its pretty easy to peg a n00b, simple as that but like as been said after a wee bit start buying bigger amounts and you'll get what you ask for. But if its easy to find a street dealer just dont go back.

Eh i didnt explain it very well. but i was hestitant to ask for 5 or more because everytime i did i always got 3 instead of 5 or 5 instead of 8 bullshit like that.But shit worked itself after the last time someone tried that and i was just like fuck no and put the car in reverse then someone else ran up and served me straight. I need to stop anyways tolerance is getting high since i sniff and getting shortchanged put a crimp in my funds.

oh btw as for names i just ask for train though people also use "boy"

In Portland OR, it's balloons of tar, small little lighter-resealed peanut sized rubber balloons with black plastic bag cut outs with a ball of the tar inside, which is supposed to be .3 grams but can be as little as .18, they are red, black orange, blue, white: color doesn't seem to matter.. Just north in southern WA eight balls of H are big tied round white balloons, they say it's tar but it comes in a brownish powder and doesn't turn into tar until you 'blow on it': I've heard tar can be changed into a powdery substance to be adulterated and then made back into tar, I guess the dealers are too lazy to do that last step themselves.

E. Detroit. Boy, Dogfood, Blows, folded zig-zag, lottery tickets, Blue construction paper (ahh back in the day) there'd be little bits of blue paper from Churches Chicken to Wyoming ave. 8)

Pengwin said:
Eh i didnt explain it very well. but i was hestitant to ask for 5 or more because everytime i did i always got 3 instead of 5 or 5 instead of 8 bullshit like that.But shit worked itself after the last time someone tried that and i was just like fuck no and put the car in reverse then someone else ran up and served me straight. I need to stop anyways tolerance is getting high since i sniff and getting shortchanged put a crimp in my funds.

oh btw as for names i just ask for train though people also use "boy"

Yeah you just can't give no ground. If you show the slightest weakness they will either short you, rip you off entirely, or rob you.

But if you show them respect, I find that they will respect you back. When I'm in the ghetto I make sure to keep a eye out at all times for people around me. Then if they get close to me I look them in the eye and nod. Never had the slightest bit of trouble with them. It was before I learned to do that that I got chased a few times.

Seriously though, if there's enough people out, you shouldn't have too much trouble. I've chilled with my boys on the corner before and smoked some blunts, and I'm now a lot more comfortable with being in the ghetto than when I started a few years ago. I try to go to my boy in the south when I can cause he has a number and his neighborhood ain't hot, but once you get good at it you can pretty much ferret out dope anywhere.

SonOF said:
Does anyone in the Northeast (New York/New Jersey area mainly) actually get bags that weigh .1 gram?

Theoretically, a bundle should be a gram, so each bag should be .1 gram. However, whenever I have put the powder from single bags on a scale, I have NEVER seen .1 worth of powder (from various sources). It is more common to get about .07, and I have seen bags as low as .04 gram. :(

Some dealers will try to justify the small bags by saying that the powder is better quality (less cut, less weight), which is understandable, but I found that REGARDLESS of quality, the weight doesn't vary much.

So is anyone out really getting .1 gram bags (assuming 10 bags in a bundle)?

nope, the bags with the dope weigh 420-440mg and without the dope in them weigh 380-390mg so i'm getting 30-60mg probably slightly more...50-70mg. but its so pure i'd rather it be short than cut with another 30-40mg of cut...same with coke, i get a gram for what the DEA cites the price of coke...but it's really pure.

CloudyHazeD said:
Everyone call brown powder heroin 'dog food' around cleveland..........Id never heard that term before living in ohio.

oddly enough, just about a week ago i heard dog food for the first time. everyone else i used to talk to always said boy or just dope. havent messed w/ it for about a month i would say, though.

are you still up in cleveland cloudy?