• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Barry Bonds

^^thats funny!!

on Bonds being an asshole.....i have a regular that used to live in Pittsburg and there was a bar Bonds went to that he did also and he said Bonds was a very nice guy.....at first in the Pirates days (he had pics too cause i didnt belive him at first) he said after he knew he was goin to be a Giant he became really big headed!

I doubt Bonds is an asshole a 100% of the time. Hell, he may only be an ass when it comes to baseball for all I know, but it's no secret that his attitude was also a problem when he played baseball in college.

i'm sure bonds is a very nice guy some of the time, but we are talking about someone who routinely tells little kids to get the fuck out of his face when they ask for autographs.

did you ever know anyone without any social skills whatsoever when it came to communicating with others? because that's bonds, in a nutshell.

there's a great story in the pearlman book about how bonds claimed not to know "who the fuck" someone he played with for the sun devils was. unfortunately for bonds he was a groomsman in the wedding.

toon071607.gif

want to say this...........

anyone else notice that since he broke it noone cares that he is hittin anymore!!

Glad he doesnt get the attention anymore!!

barry bonds initials: BB
bill belichick initial: BB

which BB is next?

:)
alasdair

fruitfly said:
Barry Bonds is from the area I grew up in and believe me, he is pretty much universally known as an asshole. :|
I don't doubt that and wasn't questioning that. My point of that post was that as big of an asshole as Bonds is, it doesn't mean he's always like that, hence why some have had positive experiences with him.

Ever since the strike back in the 90's FUCK BASEBALL it hasn't been the same, and it never will be again.

Bonds prior to steroids was nothing more than Mediocre... Back in the days when Mcgriff, Davis, Ryan, and Griffy Jr. dominated the talks... Thats when baseball was good... now it's nothing more than spin off of Jerry Springer, and that is pathetic.

Bonds before steroids was not mediocre. The guy had three MVP awards before the strike in '94. While those four guys you mentioned were probably talked about more than Bonds, it's not like Bonds was some unknown, untalented, sucky player. He was well on his way to the Hall of Fame before all this steroid shit.

Barry Bonds has a zero percent chance to land with the Yankees.... Giambi is more than enough steroid monster for the club.

JerryBlunted said:
Barry Bonds has a zero percent chance to land with the Yankees.
I agree there's no way it will happen. I just feel like the most hated player in baseball belongs with the most hated team in baseball. But you're right, greasy Giambi is more than enough roided up DH for one team.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/14606146/detail.html

Bonds has been indicted on perjury and obstruction of justice charges. It also appears that Bonds has tested positive for anabolic steroids and other performance-enhancing, though it doesn't seem like he has ever tested positive for anything on a MLB drug test (of course, before 2005, if you tested positive for steroids you're name wouldn't be released and you wouldn't be suspended, instead, you would get treatment - this, by the way, is why Bonds' stats shouldn't be erased or have an asterisk beside them... you can thank Bud Selig). As for who, when, and where he took the drug test, I don't know, but I read something that thought it may be from BALCO. Anyway, I think it's pretty safe to say that Bonds' career is over. Also, he could face up to 30 years in jail.