• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc (Barbs) Is Seconal worth going out of my way for?

Changa707

Bluelighter
Hi everyone, like many of you younger drug users I am fascinated by the pharmaceuticals of the past...namely the good old' barbituates, methaqualone, glutethamide. etc etc.

Now, like anything...if there's a will there's a way, and I know people in the community who have access to Seconal, but i'm contemplating if it is even worth my time to try such a drug...and if this is a substance I would be better off avoiding?

My favorite benzodiazepines are probably temazepam, diazepam, and clonazepam...in order of goodness. I have heard that secobarbital is like a whole different league compared to any of these...and of course Quaaludes have a similar reputation. So would it be worth the effort to seek out this substance, or just wait until it falls into my lap?

I know barbituates are much more dangerous than benzodiazepines, though I think any substance can be used responsibly...with sufficient knowledge and self-control. But then again, I have heard that barbituate dependence occurs much more rapidly and with w/d symptoms much more severe. Any body out there have experience with Seconal?

It's great if you want to sleep

Well ironically I have never found benzodiazepines useful for sleep, other than high dose valium...but then that usually ends up with me spraining my ankle or some shit. But yeah, I realize most barbituates are good for knocking you out...although this is not what I intend, I have heard that they provide strong euphoria and a "clean" kind of drunkenness that is unique in itself. Sound's like you are a veteran Peacephrog, what have your experiences with barbituates been like?

In think you'd have better odds of winning the lotto that finding Seconal here. You're in BC, rules maybe be diff there... ludes have been schedule 1'd here for nearly 35 years, so unless you know a GOOD organic chemist who can get around all those watched precursors, hang it up. Seconal mixed with pretty much anything is likely going to leave you room temperature than buzzed.

Good luck finding barbiturates, even on dnm most of the barbiturates listed for sale are just benzos.

Barbiturates are more common in Canada than here but still pretty much restricted to hospitals now, very handy to have some in ER where they till have a broad spectrum of applications despite competition from benzos. As for methaqualone it's Schedule III up there but rarely prescribed because it's a shitty hypnotic given the ridiculously short duration of action. Won't get you as high as the DEA hype would make you believe either, nothing to write home about. Glutethimid is also Schedule III in Canada but the manufacturer pulled it from market some years ago due to competition from benzos. You may want to try chloral hydrate aka "mickey", it's not controlled anymore in Canada (of course it is controlled here) and you can buy it by the gallon if so you fancy but remember the max dose is 1g (1,000mg). In humans it's a potent hypnotic but its main use now is as a solvent used in many industrial applications.

Last edited: