• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids baclofen

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
I'm really interested in trying to get a script for this.

How do effects of baclofen compare to phenibut?

How strong are the anxiolytic effects, and at what dose?

My reasoning is I'm looking for something for my anxiety that is effective, but I won't be tempted to abuse the shit out of it, if that makes sense...

Hey. I have only had it scripted twice. I broke a rib in a fall and Dr. said it was a great muscle relaxer to combine with the codeine for relaxing the chest muscles so coughs weren't so painful. 5 day script on both the meds. It worked very well for that purpose. Was supposed to take 10 mg twice a day but I upped it to 20 and only got sleepy. No euphoria or warm fuzzies but I did sleep better and quick movements weren't quite as painful. Doc told me it was usually the go to med for MS patients for their muscle spasms. I have never taken phenibut so can't add a comment but as a daily med that's not abusuable ( at least to me anyway cause there is no euphoria and it does not feel like a benzo ) I suppose it would be better than nothing. 10 mg I felt nothing. At 20 mg I got sleepy and I guess you could say relaxed. 30 mg would probably be like an Ambien or something. Sorry...I hope you get some better info. Good luck treating your anxiety. Do you use Kratom at all?

Personally I don't care for baclofen, and I love phenibut. Some people report good effects from baclofen. I find it mildly relaxing, it's a pretty decent muscle relaxer, but there is no euphoria for me. And dosing a little too high produces a feeling similar to dosing too much phenibut, quite unpleasant. I really don't find baclofen recreational at all.

Baclofen is primarily a GABA-B agonist, and it is weakly active as a gabapentinoid (blocking VGCC ion channels), but it is not really much of its effects profile. Whereas phenibut is pretty strong at both mechanisms. The ion channel action is what gives most of the recreational effects of gabapentinoids including phenibut, in my experience, at least that's how it seems from my experiments with baclofen vs phenibut vs gabapentin/pregabalin.

I've taken it in an attempt to alleviate opioid withdrawal. I felt like it helped but it honestly could have been a placebo. Definitely nothing compared to phenibut. Its otc here in canada no rx needed you can get it right off the shelf.

Tried using it to get off alcohol. A little relaxing, mostly in the body, a little dirty feeling in a way that's hard to articulate. Wouldn't really recommend outside its standard applications. Although there are some anecdotal reports of great success in getting people off booze.

Hey. I have only had it scripted twice. I broke a rib in a fall and Dr. said it was a great muscle relaxer to combine with the codeine for relaxing the chest muscles so coughs weren't so painful. 5 day script on both the meds. It worked very well for that purpose. Was supposed to take 10 mg twice a day but I upped it to 20 and only got sleepy. No euphoria or warm fuzzies but I did sleep better and quick movements weren't quite as painful. Doc told me it was usually the go to med for MS patients for their muscle spasms. I have never taken phenibut so can't add a comment but as a daily med that's not abusuable ( at least to me anyway cause there is no euphoria and it does not feel like a benzo ) I suppose it would be better than nothing. 10 mg I felt nothing. At 20 mg I got sleepy and I guess you could say relaxed. 30 mg would probably be like an Ambien or something. Sorry...I hope you get some better info. Good luck treating your anxiety. Do you use Kratom at all?
I was given a script for these the other day and the doc told me to take two at night instead of the prescribed 1 every 8 hours.He did say the effects would still be felt the following day even though I dosed the night before. i did sleep straight thru the night but woke up with a pill hangover the next morning that’s similar to what I get after taking seroquel for sleep, for me it’s something I’ll never take more then once a week simply because you can feel things will get ugly from using this everyday.

He first suggested Valium at night for spasms but I told him I won’t do benzos cause I just got off them less then a year ago after a couple years of daily use ,baclofen was his second choice .

Last edited:
I tried it many years ago and remember it as being very uncomfortable, cold sweats and a weird feeling besides muscle relaxation. I titrated a bit so wouldn't say I overshot something. But it's also controversially discussed as an aid against alc cravings, maybe it's your genes defining if it works for you.

I didn't really get much out of phenibut either but here it's possible that I took too less.

Currently having a high NMDA antagonist tolerance which probably renders all gabapentinoids useless but baclofen would at least remain active at GABA-B.