• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Authorities make string of underage drinking arrests from Facebook photos

underage drinking? wtf ?!?!?!:eek::eek::eek: only in america:|

srsly, do people get arrested just becuz they do alcohol? thats the most fucked up stupid thing i ever heard:|

I don't get it either. So in the US you have to be 18 or 21 to drink alcohol - even at a private party?

I have to take this class called "organizational behavior" and its all about ethics and business and we talked about this exact same issue.

As part of the user agreement "contract" facebook makes you accept, facebook gains the right to sell your information to whoever would like to access or look up information about you. They don't need any reason in particular, they just need a name and someone then pays a certain amount of money - have a job interview soon??? I'm sure they have deals with schools and police too...

[edit]Another thing that was brought up that I found shocking is that any information that has been deleted within *6* months!!! is still accessible to those browsing your info under their special Facebook privilege.

Anyways, you better get over it, even if you don't believe me. Facebook (and myspace ect...) is basically public domain and you can't do shit about protecting yourself, besides being on the ball or being picky about photos. Be careful!

Last edited:
I don't get it either. So in the US you have to be 18 or 21 to drink alcohol - even at a private party?

Legally, yes. If you get caught intoxicated and are under 21 you get ticketed and the person(s) who supplied you with the alcohol can get in really big trouble.

That trouble quadruples if an under-age person gets injured because they were intoxicated on liquor you bought them.

Here is an interesting article about parents being held responsible for teenage drinkers. It references a case that was prominent here in IL:

...They are the Deerfield couple who were convicted of endangering the life of a child and lying to police investigating a fatal car crash involving teenagers in an underage drinking party at their home.

During the six-day trial, some of the teens who attended the party testified that they saw Jeffrey Hutsell, the father, in the basement with beer clearly evident. Mom and dad testified that they were upstairs watching a baseball game, and were unaware of any drinking.

Two 18-year-old party guests were killed when the car they were in crashed into a tree at the end of the Hutsell’s driveway as they returned to the party.

The 18-year-old driver’s blood alcohol level was nearly twice the legal limit. The couple will be sentenced this month. The maximum penalty for the misdemeanor is a year in jail, probation, and a fine of $2,500.

from http://www.cliffordlaw.com/news/attorneys-articles/parents-can-be-liable-for-their-kids2019-drinking

emphasis added by me

Legally, yes. If you get caught intoxicated and are under 21 you get ticketed and the person(s) who supplied you with the alcohol can get in really big trouble.

wow. I didn't realise it was like that in the US. I assumed it was the similar to over here (UK) in that you had to be 21 (18 in our case) to buy alcohol or consume it on licensed premises (eg: a bar). Also over here, you can have an alcoholic drink (except spirits) at 16 if you have it with a meal and are with an adult. In private though, the minimum age for (supervised) drinking is 5 years old!

Well.. if they WANTED access to a persons profile that wouldnt be an issue. The general police force wont have access to profiles on these sites but maybe some higher authority will.. but they wouldnt give a rats about underage drinking, probably require some mid lever drug involvement to get any attention.

There was a bust of a dealer near a school and he had dodgy materials on his myspace(i think it was) profile which lead to his arrest.. I very much doubt it was public but with a phone call im sure his profile was opened for scrutiny by the admins.

My profile = deleted. Fuck Social Networks. Bluelight ftw <3.

Well.. if they WANTED access to a persons profile that wouldnt be an issue. The general police force wont have access to profiles on these sites but maybe some higher authority will.. but they wouldnt give a rats about underage drinking, probably require some mid lever drug involvement to get any attention.

There was a bust of a dealer near a school and he had dodgy materials on his myspace(i think it was) profile which lead to his arrest.. I very much doubt it was public but with a phone call im sure his profile was opened for scrutiny by the admins.

My profile = deleted. Fuck Social Networks. Bluelight ftw <3.

When I was originally arrested for the heroin charges, the U.S. Marshalls were explaining how they were going to arrest someone on/around Christmas day and some of the evidence they had was from his myspace page. I guess he posted a lot of his shit on there. Now that is definitely stupid.

Alcohol (like sex and drugs) is a big issue in America because we make it a big issue.

It is NOT true that you cannot drink anywhere in the US unless you are 21. In fact most states have some sort of exception to this, ie in Wahington state it is legal to drink in a private residence with your parents (maybe even simply with there approval) at any age. In Montana it is legal to drink in your home before you are 21 as well. Anyway most states have exceptions like these (though not all of them do).

wow. I didn't realise it was like that in the US. I assumed it was the similar to over here (UK) in that you had to be 21 (18 in our case) to buy alcohol or consume it on licensed premises (eg: a bar). Also over here, you can have an alcoholic drink (except spirits) at 16 if you have it with a meal and are with an adult. In private though, the minimum age for (supervised) drinking is 5 years old!

There are parents in the US who have had their children taken away from them and placed in foster homes for allowing their children to drink within the privacy of their own home.

Not trying to bust your balls, but wouldn't you think that would be illegal then because it was received in an illegal manner?

I saw you are from centreville, know a cop there next to my girlfriends house whos job it is to look for missing persons on facebook, mostly children. The parents or someone close to the family kidnaps them, then later posts pictures of the child on facebook and she gets clues as to where they are. If I remember, they don't have any special access, they just look around from a regular account like anyone else.

I saw you are from centreville, know a cop there next to my girlfriends house whos job it is to look for missing persons on facebook, mostly children. The parents or someone close to the family kidnaps them, then later posts pictures of the child on facebook and she gets clues as to where they are. If I remember, they don't have any special access, they just look around from a regular account like anyone else.

I assume you, your girlfriend and the neighboring cop have heard of the so-called "Heroin Ring" in centreville then? Tell your cop to get me out of jail. I'm facing 5 years for that shit!

I assume you, your girlfriend and the neighboring cop have heard of the so-called "Heroin Ring" in centreville then? Tell your cop to get me out of jail. I'm facing 5 years for that shit!

shiiiiiiiit man sorry to hear that, she has no pull tho she's just an au pair living next door to the cop. I heard about that story, that's insane man. I don't want to go into it too much, but I got a friend who was doing the same kind of stuff, and another that OD'ed last year in fairfax. We did some work on one of the top guys house in DC putting in the new pool last year, but I never met him.

I bet you some pedo cop was browing underage girls facebooks and had to come up with an excuse real fast

Every other weekend of my highschool life was spent running from parties and cops with nothing else to do than bust underage drinkers. Quite the adrenaline rush haha.

One time at my friends party a bunch of us ate fent and everyone else was hammered i would run about 5 steps puke another 5 and puke haha funny night.

I am so glad that i grew up when trhere where no cell phone cams, no myspace and no facebook. All i did when i was a teemnager was drink and do drugs and there where no assholes there with cameras thankfully :X. Im also thankful that in canada cops don't bust you on stuff that might be on your myspace or facebook.

It's really stupid to put up any illegal activities on the net all the same. Shouldnt kids have better since then this? Id be alot more worried about my kid being that dumb then them drinking a few beers or whatever.

What a waste of police time though jeez :p. And pigs actually have the audacity to wonder why everyone hates them.

I couldnt imagine the drinking age being 21. Some time last year the Aussie government was trying to make that the legal age and I can say for sure that if the drinking age was brought up from 18 then there would be a helluva lot more drugs on the streets. By the time your 21 all the good times would nearly be over...No offence to you older folk, im sure you still have a blast but im 18 and its like my good times are already slowing down now. I think 18 is a Good age to make everything legal.

And yeah my mum was buying me alcohol at 14 but thats because I was always responsible with it, these days I will never buy a Minor alcohol coz its almost like they dont know how to control themselves. Its pretty sad, most young people that I know that drink seem to have a problem with it whereas I know maybe 2 people over 18 who have a problem with alcohol, its funny too coz I know about 300 people that have a problem with pot, its not as serious as those 2 people with the alcohol though. The alcoholics get in fights all the time and are just a mess, the weed addicts are just like normal people(well most of them)

I am so glad that i grew up when trhere where no cell phone cams, no myspace and no facebook.

and im jealous of you lol. well im already "grown up" so to say, but i wish i had died before facebook and myspace and cameras started leeching the retard minds of the Mass.

*BANG*BANG*BANG*

ugggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

wtf is happening to this country