Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australias Second largest drug bust $1.5 billion

isis231

Greenlighter
http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2014/11/29/drugs-worth--1-5-billion-seized.html

Drugs worth more than $1.5 billion have been seized and six people have been arrested in Australia's second-largest drugs bust.

Around 2.8 tonnes of illicit drugs were seized, including 1917kg of MDMA and 849kg of methamphetamine (also known as ice).

Six people have been charged with drug importation offences.

The Joint Organised Crime Group, which includes the Australian Federal Police, NSW Police, Customs and Border Protection and Australian Crime Commission, is expected to release further details in Sydney later on Saturday.

AAP
- See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-...-1-5-billion-seized.html#sthash.IiYDJzrb.dpuf

What a drug bust, what are peoples thoughts on it?

a18791b1-084b-4c35-9eac-52a1b9cb142b-450x310.jpg

d39a8130-7903-4169-a86b-8e6a6b4dbd68-450x310.jpg

b7bb6648-dbc1-400c-bb46-0a051b91a104-450x310.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if any of it ever makes it onto the streets, ie some corruption happens, ie shit loads getting written off as destroyed when it doesn't get destroyed, or something like that...

Dammit that's gonna make a dent.
Shortage of supply = bad gear = deaths and injuries.

Dammit that's gonna make a dent.
Shortage of supply = bad gear = deaths and injuries.

There's a study in the thread about this article in the Media section which shows that there's no correlation between these large busts and a lack of street level supply ie. they just indicate that there's more coming in, not that a higher percentage of what is coming in is being intercepted.

unless this has been an on going enterprise I doubt it would effect the market, the only time I saw a shortage of MDMA was when they burned the sassafras in Cambodia (I think it was Cambodia).

Even that was debatable because it came at a time when research chemicals peaked at a public level and piperazine was dirt cheap, the uninformed youth gobbled it up thinking it was MDMA and made millions for unscrupulous crooks. The other theory is that the lack of MDMA created a hole that was filled by methamphetamine.

Either way, it is still easier to buy drugs than alcohol and the war on drugs is a dangerous and complete failure that kills more people than it pretends to protect.

I think it would have some effect on the market. Whether it would make any difference to any of us? Doubtful. Probably very localized. There's a chance it could have larger effects if this was a main artery.

19,170,000 good sized doses of MDMA is pretty significant. You'd guess it'd be OK quality as well, usually big shipments like this are.

I wonder if any of it ever makes it onto the streets, ie some corruption happens, ie shit loads getting written off as destroyed when it doesn't get destroyed, or something like that...

Who knows. I'm sure it happens with smaller amounts. Not sure if this one would be too high profile to plunder.

Last edited: