• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Australian police report for 25C-NBOMe pills - reliable?

KrazyPhrick

Greenlighter
I've recently stumbled upon a police report from Parramatta, Australia, which states that small blue batman-stamped pills are sold as Ecstasy to the public and actually contain "dangerous levels" of 25C-NBOMe:
https://www.facebook.com/nswpoliceforce/photos/a.395208846184.158543.218519706184/10152391845531185

Although 25C-NBOMe and MDMA/Ecstasy are profoundly different in their effects, I'm leaving the "adulterants" question aside.

What interests me is a remark I heard from Prof. David Nichols during Psychedelic Science 2013. If I remember correctly, he said that the NBOMe compounds are not active orally, i.e. can be administrated sublingually (under the tongue) or buccally (from the cheek) - but not gastrointestinally.
If this is correct, administrating these compounds in a swallowed pill will not affect the user.

Any correcting thoughts on the subject?

KrazyPhrick.

Hi, welcome to BL / PD :)

As was demonstrated in this thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...nknown-blotters-sold-as-LSD-e-g-at-a-festival
but also other NBOMe threads, oral administration is not completely ineffective but probably instead rather unreliable or unpredictable. Effects from oral use have been reported by several people and I don't believe the effects could be explained as being a result of effect from the parent 2C-X metabolite; so if a product actually contains dangerous levels of an NBOMe and it is taken orally with - in that case - 'effective' results it could potentially be quite dangerous indeed.

I believe Nichols is mistaken by the theory that the NBOMe moiety is cleaved off in the gut rendering NBOMe compounds merely as active as their 2C-X parent compound and perhaps reports from small experiments that happened to have ineffective results from being unreliable. On an empty stomach, perhaps a lot of the NBOMe is indeed metabolized for a significant part, but on a full stomach a significant part could be absorbed before that happens. We are not sure yet, afaik.

I have definitely noticed activity from oral dosage of NBOMe.
I have many friends who couldn't stand the taste so they swallowed their tabs in 30-60 seconds and had a very powerful trip

I believe Nichols is mistaken by the theory that the NBOMe moiety is cleaved off in the gut rendering NBOMe compounds merely as active as their 2C-X parent compound and perhaps reports from small experiments that happened to have ineffective results from being unreliable. On an empty stomach, perhaps a lot of the NBOMe is indeed metabolized for a significant part, but on a full stomach a significant part could be absorbed before that happens. We are not sure yet, afaik.

Every time I've swallowed NBOMes on an empty stomach it's been plenty active.
This theory about NBOMe metabolism has been floating around for years, and I keep wondering how many direct reports to the contrary it's going to take to refute it...