• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

⫸STICKY⫷ Australian Opiate Withdrawal Maintainance Medication Prescribers

If you can afford 55 bucks an appt monthly and wanna get on Buvidal, Dr. Owen Harris at Inner North Med on Lygon Street is a great doc. No bullshit and he pays attention to your wider health needs. Great fella and the buvidal is a game changer

If you can afford 55 bucks an appt monthly and wanna get on Buvidal, Dr. Owen Harris at Inner North Med on Lygon Street is a great doc. No bullshit and he pays attention to your wider health needs. Great fella and the buvidal is a game changer
Hey mate I know this is an old post, but is that doc still practising/open to new patients? I'dbeen on Buvidal (after 2 years on subs) for about a year, came off and was good for 6 months but worried I'm falling back into a dependent habit. Not to tell my life story but since moving to melb have found it harder than I thought to find prescribing doctors unless you go through the injecting centre.

I just went ahead and booked an appointment, not long wait time, thanks heaps for the recommendation mate

Hey mate I know this is an old post, but is that doc still practising/open to new patients? I'dbeen on Buvidal (after 2 years on subs) for about a year, came off and was good for 6 months but worried I'm falling back into a dependent habit. Not to tell my life story but since moving to melb have found it harder than I thought to find prescribing doctors unless you go through the injecting centre.

I just went ahead and booked an appointment, not long wait time, thanks heaps for the recommendation mate
Excellent mate. You’re right in that there are bugger all docs prescribing, so I’m really happy you came across the post. As I said, fantastic GP to have in general. I’ve been on Buvidal the whole time, but he also does Sublocade, dunno if it’s worth giving that a crack instead. From what I’ve read it’s better if you are intending to jump off it.

Excellent mate. You’re right in that there are bugger all docs prescribing, so I’m really happy you came across the post. As I said, fantastic GP to have in general. I’ve been on Buvidal the whole time, but he also does Sublocade, dunno if it’s worth giving that a crack instead. From what I’ve read it’s better if you are intending to jump off it.
That's good to know there's a choice. I've heard that with Sublocade too but I'll probably go Buvidal. I've come off Buvidal before and it was pretty easy, I missed my monthly appointment and thought let's roll with it and was surprised how few withdrawals there were. Much easier then subs

That's good to know there's a choice. I've heard that with Sublocade too but I'll probably go Buvidal. I've come off Buvidal before and it was pretty easy, I missed my monthly appointment and thought let's roll with it and was surprised how few withdrawals there were. Much easier then subs
That’s good it worked well for you before. Really glad you got an appointment quickly mate, I hope it works out for you.