• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

⫸STICKY⫷ Australian Opiate Withdrawal Maintainance Medication Prescribers

^^^ But I believe is much safer and healthier through the vein than that syupy brown shit if you like to bang your takeaway's (which is not a great ideas for your veins anyways).

I thought you had to go to waranilla before anyone bupe doctor would prescribe to you ?

Naw just go to my private doc, 3monthly script methadone. My methadone taste shit atm, does shit too, i wonder if the pharm is diluting the stuff correctly, I though't it was supposed to be syrupy not watery bit thicker. I used to get this warm feeling after it, now i get crap all not even relaxing me. Maybe they are skimming it [snip]?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ They can water it however they like. I know one place where they water it down a lot because the pharmacist knows it pisses some certain people off...

banging methadone is pointless. period.

Well... some would disagree. It's certainly not without its risks, but it can be done with relative safety if you know how and you've got the right equipment.

Prescription heroin would be much, much better, but until we get that, I'm not going to rag on someone who wants to bang their 'done.

^^ yeah I agree. When I was on done banging it with the right equipment and done in the right way i.e. With butterfly or the right size equipment pushed slowly really did give me a high and rush greater than swallowing.

But to me that is last of ur worries when ur addicted to that shit. More worrying to me is how you can lose 5 years in the blink of an eye on maintenance done. Rehab in the end did me far better than the years of maintenance.

Last edited:
Naw just go to my private doc, 3monthly script methadone. My methadone taste shit atm, does shit too, i wonder if the pharm is diluting the stuff correctly, I though't it was supposed to be syrupy not watery bit thicker. I used to get this warm feeling after it, now i get crap all not even relaxing me. Maybe they are skimming it?

sounds like tolerance to me, you should consider moving to bupe

methadone is nasty stuff, and it still gets you high which is a huge problem if you are trying to quit.

good stuff, i just got concerned...

u realise codeine also has a ceiling dose of like 600-800mg... and is inactive after that...
I know it's an old post, but why is it when I now take 600-800mg I barely feel a thing, though 2000-2500mg works just fine for me? I don't understand this ceiling dose.

I use so many pills now I do 2 CWE :(. Also has anyone from WA (or even AUS) been to a NA meeting? If so what is it like and what kind of stuff happens there. I would like to go but am terrified. Was meant to stop using cold turkey, me and my doc had it all sorted. That lasted a whole 2 days and I have since seen him since and lied to him (also members on this site, sorry) about my use. He thinks I am doing fine. My problems seem to insignificant compared to others so I didn't want to post this. It's just getting annoying visiting 4-6 pharmacy a day and wasting all my money on something that is no good for me.

Go to a clinic and they will give you advice on what you can do, often will give an outpatient detox pack as well.

I know it's an old post, but why is it when I now take 600-800mg I barely feel a thing, though 2000-2500mg works just fine for me? I don't understand this ceiling dose.

The ceiling dose doesn't apply for everyone. I too can have a tolerance up to that amount, maybe even higher. 2 grams is the most I've gone to, I'm at 1.6 right now.

Think of it like the enzyme deficiency that stops some people from getting anything (euphoria, pain relief) out of codeine. It doesn't effect everyone. :)

Well... some would disagree. It's certainly not without its risks, but it can be done with relative safety if you know how and you've got the right equipment.

Prescription heroin would be much, much better, but until we get that, I'm not going to rag on someone who wants to bang their 'done.

i think you read too far into my post, i was coming from a purely subjective opinion.

i would never shoot any of the liquid preparations:\ they contain additives and irritants to discourage such use. obviously this is going to be terrible for your veins.

medical ampules were/are designed for IM use, they never were intended for IV use because of the vein complications/irritations that arise from intravenous methadone.

i never ragged on anyone for shooting methadone; the facts are out there that it's not a smart idea...

it's said that people dilute their methadone solution to lessen the vein damage from the acidic solutions.

i've IV'd methadone before and never enjoyed it - no rush to speak of, though some people swear by it. the majority of subjective experiences i've read agree that methadone isn't a drug worth IVing if you're after that rush which is the alluring part for most IV users generally speaking.

^^ yeah I agree. When I was on done banging it with the right equipment and done in the right way i.e. With butterfly or the right size equipment pushed slowly really did give me a high and rush greater than swallowing.

i've also had a friend describe the methadone rush that much more nicer than heroin/morphine. myself, i don't see the appeal.

sounds like tolerance to me, you should consider moving to bupe

methadone is nasty stuff, and it still gets you high which is a huge problem if you are trying to quit.

I tried Bupe in 2004 i felt like i was on speed weird feeling that stuff, flushed the done out of me. I dunno i wish i knew why i felt the way i do, GP doesn't seem to care though, i need a liberal minded GP i can't seem to find a good one in SA. Also a friend who has pain issues, i couldn't recommend one to him even, since most are Opiaphobia. I know [snip - leftwing]a doctor in willunga is fairly liberal GP might go back see him, but i up in the city. I wish they had more choice than methadone and bupe.

not a smart idea to posting such information on bluelight, just be a little more discrete - leftwing

I tried Bupe in 2004 i felt like i was on speed weird feeling that stuff, flushed the done out of me. I dunno i wish i knew why i felt the way i do, GP doesn't seem to care though, i need a liberal minded GP i can't seem to find a good one in SA. Also a friend who has pain issues, i couldn't recommend one to him even, since most are Opiaphobia. I know this doctor in willunga is fairly liberal GP might go back see him, but i up in the city. I wish they had more choice than methadone and bupe.

If you are under 25 go to the youth health service, they have great doctors there, that is who I went to see.

If you are under 25 go to the youth health service, they have great doctors there, that is who I went to see.

Cheers what do they do there?, what if your over 25.8) They need some more choices i think, methadone you can stay on 10-20yrs but i think you become tolerant. Bup yes taste like anus ^^ and same with it's effect lol. I know of a few on the old oxycontin somehow sneaked in under the radar.

Cheers what do they do there?, what if your over 25.8) They need some more choices i think, methadone you can stay on 10-20yrs but i think you become tolerant. Bup yes taste like anus ^^ and same with it's effect lol. I know of a few on the old oxycontin somehow sneaked in under the radar.

they had a bupe doctor but I think they have all quit now

if you are over 25 they can't help you and you have to go to warranilla

they had a bupe doctor but I think they have all quit now

if you are over 25 they can't help you and you have to go to warranilla

Oh yeah i hate that place i have private prescriber here, I hate how this country is so opiaphobic, in the USA docs can give you oxy for breakthrough pain not here though, once your on methadone they just increase it stupid. 8(8(. I have pain issues, but because your on the health comm as a junkie, they don't believe your pain.

i have private prescriber here

What's the deal with private prescriptions? I had a doctor offer to write me one for vallium with lots of repeats...only difference is that it costs more? So that you're paying the full cost rather than the PBS?

^ In some cases, the PBS won't authorize repeats for a subsidized drug unless it's for certain uses.

E.g. diazepam. If you are rx'd it for anxiety under the PBS, you can't get repeats. If you get it on a private script though, it doesn't matter and the doctor can write you repeats for it.

The only way you can get diazepam subsidized and with repeats on the PBS is for palliative care, and it requires authorization.

Hence why in some cases it may be better for a doctor to write a private script if necessary.

I just heard today that they are going to soon be getting automated dispensing devices for a certain place in Brisbane. Has anyone else in Australia ever seen these before? Apparently you just stick your finger on, it matches your fingerprint to your dose and dispenses it. :)

I just heard today that they are going to soon be getting automated dispensing devices for a certain place in Brisbane. Has anyone else in Australia ever seen these before? Apparently you just stick your finger on, it matches your fingerprint to your dose and dispenses it.

machines for methadone and buprenorphine? that sounds like a pretty cool idea, though raises a few concerns in my mind.

where'd you hear that, brother; through work or on the grapevine? any reading link available?