• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australian IV drugs; safer practices and useful experiences

^ Can i firstly just say, if you are going to continue to IV drugs, you really need to start alternating spots. Not only is this good practice in terms of minimising obvious track marks, but you will also minimise the risk of vein collapse and infection.

By the time i stopped using needles, i had lost most of the good veins in my forearms and there were obvious signs of needle use ie track marks, heavy bruising. It was horrendous :(. Bruising goes away relatively quickly, however it took probably about three months for all the track marks to heal. It will depend on the severity of your marks, but, yes, they will all eventually heal.

Still though, my friend, rotate, rotate, rotate! Not only for aesthetic reasons, but to keep your veins from collapsing :)

Used the same spot all along here. It's not too noticable for me if I don't shoot for a week. No one would think its from IV use.

Splatt said:
In NSW the $2 hospital sharps kit do not contain any filters, they used to once upon a time but for some reason they do not anymore. I am not talking about tailormade cigs, i am reffering to rollie filters. The medical micronfilters you can get from hospitals are normally for use on infectious wounds which contain antiseptics.

at the shooting gallery in kings cross they just give you a cotton wool bud for the filter, or if you are shooting pills they give you this special filter.

Last edited:
I blast maybe once a month. I've only ever blasted crystal and K. I prefer doing crystal this way only because smoking it makes my throat feel like rat shit for the next 2 weeks afterwards 8(

A few of my friends know. It's not something I broadcast, but then again none of my friends use drugs so I tend to keep that side of myself to myself. If someone were to ask, then I have no problems admitting it. The friends that know do so because we were talking about drugs and route of administration came up and eventually one of them asked me.

I'm happy sticking to just blasting crystal and K. I don't have any real desire to IV any other drug. I actually don't inject myself, a friend does it for me (he used to be a nurse so he's good at it). I toyed with learning how to do it, but at the end of the day I know what I'm like and if I could do it then I'd probably do it alot more often than the once-a-month deal I have going. I suppose over the course of life I may lose contact with this friend, and I've wondered what I'll do then. But I don't really take drugs outside of being with him, so I suppose it would be no huge loss if we parted company.

I dont consider myself a junkie, and come to think of it, I dont really consider myself an injecting drug user. Maybe it's just me not putting a label on it so I dont feel - shame? - about it, but I dont feel shame about it anyway. Oh well. Who can say?

So thats my story :D

JihadJack said:
or if you are shooting pills they give you this special filter.

Thats unreal, I never knew the gallery gave out micron filters(im guessing thats what they are?) good on them. Ope pharms are starting to get big over here ay, lets hope the demand for them increases and demand for meth decreases. If I could get opiates off a trustworthy source i.e not a street dealer, id never touch meth again.

Hey something ive been wondering lately, has/does anyone shoot coke over here? I know the coke is shit and all, but theres gotta be some good stuff somewhere, ive never tried it and probly never will, but ive only ever met one aussie thats shot coke and he's a really seedy junky, knowing him it was probly 75% meth.
Im just curious. id never shoot coke coz im a pussy, the rush all these americans and europeans talk of sounds insane, I hear heaps of people fuck up and OD or die. Not my cup'o'tea. Id probly smoke crack tho.

I NEED SLEEP!!! the last of the meth was gone almost 24 hours ago and I still cant sleep, ive been up 2 nights and I have to get up in 7 hours to go far, far away to my family's house.....This is screwed.

the_ketaman said:
ious. id never shoot coke coz im a pussy, the rush all these americans and europeans talk of sounds insane, I hear heaps of people fuck up and OD or die. Not my cup'o'tea. Id probly smoke crack tho.

Shooting coke is nasty, a sickening rush, you can't see or hear and its real hard to have more because it makes you shake and your veins go to shit. But then again I just don't like coke generally, meth is a far more enjoyable stimulant imo.

^^hmmm, it'd be interesting to get some other perspectives on this. It seems that with IV'ing(or any other MOA) its either you like meth or you like coke. As I said, id never shoot coke, im way too scared but id smoke rock which ive heard is 1/2 way between snorting and IV. Im just keen to get this bellringer everyone talks so much about.

^ Um, maybe you could start another thread about it then, ketaman? It would be interesting to see if there is such a dichotomy betweens rock/meth, but I would prefer not to get an off-topic scolding.

It is Christmas, after all ;)

haha sorry guys, you know how it is, fuckin methed up rambling...........ill shut up now.

In SA a group called 'SAVIVE' has 'shop front' peer led service and we also have a methadone facility called Warinilla that provide special filters that are attached to the hub of the syringe / needle that assist in filtering particles depending whch drugs you are IV ing. Particularlu melting down Oxycontin and the like requires first getting rid of the ED coating and then melting it down. It turns into a milky, thick substance, obviously plagued by fillers etc. These attachment devices are designed to filter as effectively as possible the particles from the shot - in true harm minimisation form!!!!

They are a fabulous group of people, as it is peer lead, they also provide counselling and referral to Drug and Alcohol Services. Safe pick packs generally of ten are supplied and also a safe sharps disposal facility WITHIN the kit, we call it the little black box.

The attachemt filters i spoke of before are known as UFO's on the street as they are a round device that fits between the pic and the hub, and have been proven to minimise the danger associated with IVing substances, paticularly Oxycontins / Kapanol (course Kapanol has to be ground down first, then melted) but still results in a particle filled mix.

Unsure if these devices are available interstate.

XX Isis

Chronik Fatigue said:
Shooting coke is nasty, a sickening rush, you can't see or hear and its real hard to have more because it makes you shake and your veins go to shit.
I've had this with ice too, really pure nice crystals. Has anyone else? I found the rush really overwhelming but after I was still blind and my ears were still ringing so loud that I couldn't hear anything and I realised I was alright it was pretty good. Maybe it was crack?! :D The veins thing and shaking is life with whacking any stimulant. ;)

..and I hope that being up at this hour by myself on Christmas morning smoking cones doesn't make me a bad person - I don't think it does. I left some out for Santa. :)

Last edited:
I don't mind shooting up coke, it could be overwelming if you weren't prepared for rush, but it's really good, I've done it with H (goofball) and it's fucking amazing. The two work heaps well together. A couple months back i went out to a gig and had a shot before i left and one a bit later in the night and i was really out off it and just held on to rail and sipped turkeys for the rest of the night. was really good (but expensive), I always feel a bit sad when i'm downing shit like this in a toilet by myself but once the rush kicks in i'm over itt real quick.

Is anyone else getting loaded before they go and deal with their parents? I'm just gonna have a couple of valiums but the idea of spending more than two hours with my parents can be a bit daunting.

Ashley said:
..and I hope that being up at this hour by myself on Christmas morning smoking cones doesn't make me a bad person - I don't think it does. I left some out for Santa. :)

you're worse than Satan.

Ashley said:
I've had this with ice too, really pure nice crystals. Has anyone else? I found the rush really overwhelming but after I was still blind and my ears were still ringing so loud that I couldn't hear anything and I realised I was alright it was pretty good.

Yeah. I had a huge shot, a huge shot for me anyway. After I had it my whole head was tingling. I closed my eyes and heard a ringing noise and I just kept walking around for about 15 minutes saying "fuuuuck...".

I asked a friend of mine if he would check my heart rate and at the time he said it was fine. A few days later he told me he was really worried that night. My heart was beating really hard and fast apparently.

So to me it just sounds like you had a really nice taste.

I should have wake n baked. Now I'll have to wait till later, when the family is pissed and I can sneak out and have a few myself ;)

the_ketaman said:
^^hmmm, it'd be interesting to get some other perspectives on this. It seems that with IV'ing(or any other MOA) its either you like meth or you like coke. As I said, id never shoot coke, im way too scared but id smoke rock which ive heard is 1/2 way between snorting and IV. Im just keen to get this bellringer everyone talks so much about.

its a great rush. i would only bother if i had lots of coke though. you'll feel like a shot every 10minutes. be prepared to spew on your first few shots. i like meth better for it's value, and you can actually go out on it without injecting yourself 20 times in a night.

Ishtar_Isis said:
The attachemt filters i spoke of before are known as UFO's on the street as they are a round device that fits between the pic and the hub, and have been proven to minimise the danger associated with IVing substances, paticularly Oxycontins / Kapanol (course Kapanol has to be ground down first, then melted) but still results in a particle filled mix.

Unsure if these devices are available interstate.

XX Isis

yeah they give us UFO's in NSW too

DoctorShop said:
Yeah. I had a huge shot, a huge shot for me anyway. After I had it my whole head was tingling. I closed my eyes and heard a ringing noise and I just kept walking around for about 15 minutes saying "fuuuuck...".

lmao yeah that pretty much sums it up I reckon! =D

^ Oh I still get that when I blast crystal and it rocks.....except instead of walking around saying "fuuuuuuck" I lye on the lounge and moan like a bitch in heat :D

yeah and then sink into the black abyss once you start coming down from such an intense place.

8):\