• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australian IV drugs; safer practices and useful experiences

IV base/ice is my poison. I use fairly heavily (half gram shots of base/3 point shots of ice) from thursday through till sunday with a bit of sleep somewhere in the middle. I try to alway use cleans, sometimes it isn't possible but I'd say about 80-90% of the time I'll use a fresh rig.

I have a question for any other IV meth users, when you first started shooting was it long before you found yourself hooked? I only ask because for me it took about 8 months after my first shot before I really had a habit, at first it was a shot or two month, then it became a shot every week and from there I acquired my current pattern of bingeing every week.

Also, at what point did you decide to quit (if you have)? At the moment I am still enjoying using, I still have fun and don't spend the whole time I'm high searching for my next shot (mainly because I earn a decent wage and don't have to worry about where the money is going to come from for my next mix), I think if I got to the point of pawning stuff for drugs or having to ask for tick or anything along those lines I wouldn't be as relaxed in my attitude to my use.

Shooting LSD isn't instant. It may be a bit quicker but it still takes at least 10-15+ minutes to start getting effects. Also it won't really make the experience more intense because LSD is absorbed 100% however you take it. It's probably just about the same as sucking on the tab under your tongue.

bRiSvEgAs4lIfE: first time I tried it I was done up like 4 times that night, using a 20G (or whatever the screw-on blue ones are, i forget), but they were very small amounts of cut/impure clear base. It wasn't till a few months later after more attempts when I got shotr up into me a point of some wicked gold base that was going around, I got that the rush my mate was telling me about.. from there on I loved it and it became an every week thing for many years.

But before that the max I had was 3/4 point shots of pretty average base. And it would keep me up but no real rush.

Ashley said:
These days he forgets why he is places, accidently puts his socks in the toilet and is 20 years old - I some how feel responsible...

I agree... no matter what is said about everyone having free will and their own right to choose, I would imagine some guilt would always be attached if one were to introduce someone to a drug and their life went downhill afterwards. It never hurts to make value judgements about whether someone you know is ready before supplying them with a drug for the first time.

Some good posts guys :)

I guess the question that needs to be asked is - How do we know when someone is ready????

The spiral into addiction can be rapid or it can be very slow and gradual and before you know it you really do have an issue that needs attention. On the other hand, a great deal of individuals are able to use the IV route and not face any addiction issues at all, even after years of use.

The addiction issue aside, I still don't believe anyone is capable of recognising mental illness before it has reared its ugly head. If family members have faced mental illness that surfaced through drug use, then one could assume that a related individual would be more susceptible to mental illness if they were to use drugs. This is by no means an accurate way of determining if someone is ready. Someone without a pre-existing mental condition can also face these same issues even without family history.

I certainly agree that some level of guilt would be associated if you saw a friend or even an acquaintance hit a downward spiral due to your introduction to a substance. I guess the only way you can circumvent this guilt is by not introducing an individual to a substance.

I know a junkie dude who much rather would melt and shoot Ritalin SR20s, that he will offer to swap me them for dozens of his monthly script of ~500 Dex for a ~10 Rit SR20 pill hit. So sad.

JUNKIE.

What? His addiction?

Or you feeling so sorry for his 'junkie' status but then freely encouraging his habit with your drug swap :\

I love it how people convince themselves that they actually care.

I never said i swap him anything, i said he offers, but no skin off his back, he gets Crank when he wants it.

It's sad being a slave to 'chasing a high'.

Hey does anyone ever not filter because you think you will lose some in the venti filter? That filter tastes so bitter after u use it.

^ I never filtered with meth - there is really no point. As long as you use purified/boiling water, a filter is not going to be any more effective. Essentially, i only filtered if my gear had been cut to shit and the cutting agents would not entirely dissolve ie glucose.

Just one thing, it is advisable not to use cigarette filters. Apparently, they dissolve easier which is why sometimes you will see fibres in the barrel after you have loaded. It is better to use the filters that is provided in the sharps kit - they are not plain old cigarette filters :).

In NSW the $2 hospital sharps kit do not contain any filters, they used to once upon a time but for some reason they do not anymore. I am not talking about tailormade cigs, i am reffering to rollie filters. The medical micronfilters you can get from hospitals are normally for use on infectious wounds which contain antiseptics.

^ yeah i knew you weren't talking about tailor filters, but still, i read somewhere that you should not be using any sort of cigarette filters as most of them contain charcoal and dissolve easier.

In terms of the medical micronfilters, i was always of the understanding that they did not contain antiseptic, but were just sterile. Regardless, you are about to boot shit into your body; i know i would rather have the minute amount of antiseptic as opposed to possible booting undissolved fibre (or at least having to reload all over again, not before filtering again to remove the filter particles :\)

The funny thing is I've shot up hundreds of times unfiltered. Even the worst looking and smelling base imaginable. I never got sick.

It only takes one time!

It is always better to err on the side of caution and filter wherever and whenever possible.

The use of a filter is to remove undissolved particles that are harmful to veins when they enter the bloodstream. You can tell if you need to use a filter or not by seeing the undiluted particles at the bottom of your mix after you have dissolved.

Meth typically does not require a filter, because it usually dissolved cleanly. Using a filter with this particular drug is of no benefit. It is always better to err on the side of caution and use a filter wherever and whenever necessary.

Once got pollen in my hit (car window open in summer) that was fairly rough!

Actually I remember one time I injected caulk (what builders use etc.) because of how a package of ice arrived to me and the straws it was contained in broke open and the baggies werent sealed properly, and it was pretty rough.

^ My point is though, if the caulk dissolved with the ice so that there weren't any larger, undissolved caulk particles in the mix, filtering the liquid would not have helped any.

yeah it wouldn't of. Well maybe some type of good micronfilter but I am not too sure how well caulk dissolves really.. I couldnt see anything in the solution, but I could smell it. And the smell came out of my body for a couple days, including sweat and urine.

I've been IV'ing meth for about 8 months now. I was surprised at how easy I found it to shoot up. I always used to think that I could never do it because of the pain factor, but it doesn't really even hurt. I danged an E once but was on SSRI's and didn't feel any effect. I dont think I would ever try heroin, maybe if I was with an experienced sitter and had good quality heroin, the whole dieing of an overdose and the physical addiction that comes with regular use has scared me away from it to this day. Im actually interested in finding other drugs to dang. Im starting to get a rather noticable track mark on my arm (about 1 cm long) because I dont alternate spots, so I'm thinking of quiting al together. Does anyone here know if the mark will fade with time if I quit? Or is there anyway that I can get it to fade (obviously dont keep on sticking picks in it)?