• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australian centric "Pro drug law reform" thread - how to do your bit

Jeeze guys the two issues are nothing to do with each other.

The major political parties don't say "oh you know what, we only have time to write policy for one of these issues"

My point being having a policy on gay marriage is not going to stop them from looking at education reform any more than it will stop them looking at drug law reform.

For the record I can't even believe there is debate about gay marriage or suggestions of a referendum. (Like it matters what you think, if you don't like gay marriage, then have a straight marriage instead dickhead)
FFS just let them get married it's no skin of anyone's nose if they do, and frankly you are complete CUNT if you think that you should deny two consenting adults such a right to something that has absolutely no effect on your own miserable life.

So you'd rather see thousands of people face imprisonment, fines, harassment and possible career choices taken away from them effectively ruining their lives in some cases, so that some people can have a piece of paper and the ability to adopt children first?

*This is an oversimplification of things

What the fuck are you talking about? Reread and try understand my posts before jumping to idiotic conclusions.

I said we have no chance of seeing changes to drug laws being a election issue, not that I didnt want them.

No, you said:

No way we will get both, and I think it makes sense we aim for equal rights for gays first then look at drug law. I mean it would be pretty disappointing if we made major changes to drug law before giving equal rights to gay and lesbians.

I didn't jump to any conclusions.

Yes, and that's exactly what I believe.

Some how your brain interpreted that as I "would rather see thousands of people face imprisonment, fines, harassment and possible career choices taken away from them effectively ruining their lives".

Just what changes would you like to see to our drug laws?

Decriminilization of Pot would be a good start and accomplish that, plus the 7 other million Australians who have broken the law by smoking budd but haven't been caught. 8)

I dunno, It's definitely an interesting argument between the two, whilst it shouldn't affect them making two big changes at the same time, history dictates that we only see one social movement at a time. I think the gay marriage one is nearly finished, homosexuals are widely accepted now days, I have no doubt that some still get vilified and scrutinized for being themself it's definitely a minority that treat homosexuals that way. Re-distributed's point I think carries the most merit because AFAIK he/she is the only one of us that is both homosexual and a drug user.