• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Ativan to snort?

Wendy B

Greenlighter
I have some ativan that work okay swallowing them. Wondered if it would be better to try crushing and snorting them. The are .5mg

It won't work snorting, except maybe what little drips to your stomach.

Benzos don't get absorbed by the mucus membranes in your nasal passages unlike most other drugs.

Plus, you don't wanna f up your nose, it's not fun.

Last edited:
I know benzos arnt water soluble, but mucus isn’t water either….has anyone crushed up a Xanax and blown a giant snot rocket on the powder to see if it dissolves ? Cause it sure seems like snorting works to some degree

Hmmm I def gotta try that. So no go on the nose route? I’ve never snorted anything so I figured I should ask first lol
No go on the nose.

It won't do anything for you and it'll just hurt your nose.

Benzos don't get absorbed by the mucus membranes in your nasal passages unlike most other drugs.
Once I was experimenting with research benzos, forgot which exact ones but they came in a mannitol mix clearly intended for the nose and snorting some knocked me right out. So I'd say it's not universal that benzos wouldn't work nasally.

I know I sound like a broken record but goddamnit y'all need to quit SNORTING PILLS.

Cocaine is for snorting.
Maybe methamphetamine.
Maybe heroin.

But not pills.

Why, you ask?
See my 100 other posts that explain it in detail. I'm done. I promise to never comment on this again.

I know benzos arnt water soluble, but mucus isn’t water either….has anyone crushed up a Xanax and blown a giant snot rocket on the powder to see if it dissolves ? Cause it sure seems like snorting works to some degree

I hear what you're saying man and I totally understand what you mean. I'm no doctor or chemist, so my knowledge is at the level of a layperson, but maybe this will make sense. I understand that in chemistry, different substances are often labelled as being soluble in x y or z at x y or z Mg per Ml of volume. Some things are soluble in water, while other things are only soluble in Alcohol or Methanol or what have you.

While mucous in the nose is definitely not just water, it's water based with other organic solids floating around in it. Benzodiazepines are usually soluble in other vehicles, like Alcohol for instance, but almost all are not soluble in water, meaning the transport of the drug through the mucous membrane is never going to be efficient if it happens at all.

I'm not discounting anyone's experience, as I know many people who swear by snorting Benzodiazepines. It is my belief though that there is an excitement that they get from that route of administration that is often already ingrained. Also, anything that is not absorbed by the sinuses is typically going to end up going down the throat in a matter of minutes, so effects are going to be apparent regardless of whether the ROA actually works. It's my belief that this is why people attach themselves to this, but I'm not discounting anyone's experiences.

I have some ativan that work okay swallowing them. Wondered if it would be better to try crushing and snorting them. The are .5mg
.5 mg in a tablet that probably weighs maybe 100 mg or more. Think about all that binder. And any way it won't get absorbed.

The drips will make their way to your stomach, but some of the benzo is going to be stuck in the binder. Binder. So unless you're snorting a lot of saline of your nose to clear your sinuses out, you're going to be blowing some of your benzo out your nose when you try and clear out that binder.

Eat your benzos.

I know I sound like a broken record but goddamnit y'all need to quit SNORTING PILLS.

Cocaine is for snorting.
Maybe methamphetamine.
Maybe heroin.

But not pills.

Why, you ask?
See my 100 other posts that explain it in detail. I'm done. I promise to never comment on this again.
I’ve never snorted anything in my life, hence the reason I asked. I have to take too many orally for them to work so I was hoping to find a better way. Tysm for your time

I’ve never snorted anything in my life, hence the reason I asked. I have to take too many orally for them to work so I was hoping to find a better way. Tysm for your time
Well, snorting benzos is less efficient than eating them, so you'll have to snort even more to get the same effect.

Hi, first post on BL. Been a lurker for YEAR'S, though. My experience, the only benzo that's ever been worth snorting is pharmaceutical Midazolam. I was able to get blister pack tablets. Extremely rare. Generally, this is used is hospital and dental settings because it has an extremely short half-life. For example, when I had a molar taken out they gave me Midazolam IV and Propfol. From my understanding, Midazolam IS soluble in water and thus can be snorted or even injected. I never injected but I used to crush up and snort the Midazolam tablets and it BURNED. But no question, it was being absorbed through my nose and getting me where I wanted to be.

Ativan, Xanax, K-Pin, Etc. are not soluble in water and I honestly don't believe any of them are worth snorting. Just eat them. That's all you can really do.

C.

Yeah its one of those things that shouldn't work but does. I had a friend that snorted xanax then blacked out for 3 days.

Yeah its one of those things that shouldn't work but does. I had a friend that snorted xanax then blacked out for 3 days.
Then it probably wasn't Xanax.

Snorting Xanax just doesn't work.

Benzodiazepines are the most bioavailable when taken orally.

You will literally get more effect from eating the binder-boogers left behind after you snort Xanax pills then you will from snorting Xanax pills. Because all of the Xanax is still stuck in the binder.

Snorting Xanax just doesn't work.

So being straight alp, its very easy to miscalculate the dose and take too much, which is undoubtedly what happened with my friend and I. I doubt it had a low bioavailability, but that seems to not matter so much when you are insufflating an extremely potent benzo like that, and not exactly being responsible about it.

Then it probably wasn't Xanax.

I've been using xanax for a very long time, I know what the effects are like I would be very surprised if it wasn't alp and I didn't notice. The only other thing I would potentially humour it being is a different benzo, in which case... what does it matter? All benzos with a couple rare exceptions (like midazolam) are also not water soluble. So if they worked, I don't really get what point that proves.

I mean I can't imagine what other than a benzo, would give a benzo like affect that wouldn't be distinguishable to a long term user. I would have noticed ghb from the taste. If it was something like phenibut, it wouldn't have had the same blackout effect. If it was some kind of barbituate, I mean, those are pretty rare these days, and are ( if memory serves) also more expensive for that reason, also making it not make sense from a business perspective.

Last edited:
Honestly snorting is extremely wasteful, most of the pill is binders and clog your nose from absorbing the little bit of Lorazepam in them, IME oral works best or sublingual with a drop of alcohol under the tongue

I believe you should place it under your tongue and let it dissolve. I don't see how snorting Ativan would work for you recreationally, sorry.