• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

"Ask the Muslim sympathiser" ;)

U're on a roll tonight with the "all islamists see their religion this way" type of b.s.

Christians kill people by blowing up abortion clinics. Lets list out all the christians and jews that have waged wars, burned people alive, stoned people to death, over nothing more than their religious beliefs and how they accept someone different. Crusade? Inquisition? Salem? Any of these words mean anything to you? How about a good ol' fashioned fag bashing (and i'm not talking verbally)

The KKK is a christian organization. Catholics have a witness protection program for pedophiles.

So if i don't consider all christians/jews/catholics to be violent perverts, why would i base that assumption of all of Islam?

This was in relation to gay marriages... and i'm not getting into that topic here, but you can definately see where it sourced some of the more rediculous aspects of christianity..Doesn't mean all christians see it that way.. or that underlying translations or interpretations say something different.

Dear Dr. Laura,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?

I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread. (cotton/polyester blend) He also tends to curse and blaspheme alot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev.24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan.

submitted by Ed Tyler

PottedMeat -- I am in complete and utter awe of you. You've obviously spent countless hours in Muslim societies, Muslim homes, and Muslim schools in order to so decisively conclude that Islam teaches violence to children. I'd be very interested in learning about the details of your research into this area.

And to think, I thought Israel was the bad guy when it was the Muslims (and, I take it from your mention of Israel, the Arabs) all along! How foolish I've been, spending all that time writing angry letters to newspapers and protesting media portrayals of Arabs and Muslims. I can't believe I bought into the lies the history books told me about how the Muslims never forced conversion onto people of other faiths, including Jews and Christians -- unlike the policy historically employed by Christianity.

Israelis need your help! You have an obligation to save that proud nation from the evil rock-throwing towelheads in their midst. I think you'd better hurry and share your impressive findings with the authors of a November 2001 paper published by George Washington University, which states "the Palestinian curriculum is not a war curriculum; while highly nationalistic, it does not incite hatred, violence, and anti-Semitism ... The charges against it are often wildly exaggerated or inaccurate" (Nathan Brown, "Democracy, History, and the Contest Over the Palestinian Curriculum").

Last edited:
MA: See the other million threads about how "god" can mean any "god" not just the Christian God. ;)

You tell me where there are christians out there plotting to blow up other countries and hijack planes and all the other types of things terrorists do!? I dont know why all of you are being so blind to the fact that Islam is the breeding grounds for terrorism!!! That doesnt mean ALL muslims are terrorist though, nobody is saying that. A very high percentage of terrorists and terror organizations in this world are in one way or another part of the religion of Islam.

As far as the whole Jew and Arab debate, it is a waste of time...

SoHiAllTheTime said:
MA: See the other million threads about how "god" can mean any "god" not just the Christian God. ;)

And what was your position on this again?

I'm pretty sure Bush and Congress think they're praying to the "Christian God".

SoHiAllTheTime said:
You tell me where there are christians out there plotting to blow up other countries...

Well the Christians sure as hell blew up Iraq! You remember that Bush is a Christian, and that he started the war in Iraq, right?

^No, you are playing politics right now. Bush didnt do anything in the name of Jesus. He did it as the president of the USA.

What about all the terrorsit breeding grounds in Islam? Care to address that?

From the Los Angeles Times:

General Casts War in Religious Terms
The top soldier assigned to track down Bin Laden and Hussein is an evangelical Christian who speaks publicly of 'the army of God.'

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon has assigned the task of tracking down and eliminating Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein and other high-profile targets to an Army general who sees the war on terrorism as a clash between Judeo-Christian values and Satan.

Lt. Gen. William G. "Jerry" Boykin, the new deputy undersecretary of Defense for intelligence, is a much-decorated and twice-wounded veteran of covert military operations. From the bloody 1993 clash with Muslim warlords in Somalia chronicled in "Black Hawk Down" and the hunt for Colombian drug czar Pablo Escobar to the ill-fated attempt to rescue American hostages in Iran in 1980, Boykin was in the thick of things.

Yet the former commander and 13-year veteran of the Army's top-secret Delta Force is also an outspoken evangelical Christian who appeared in dress uniform and polished jump boots before a religious group in Oregon in June to declare that radical Islamists hated the United States "because we're a Christian nation, because our foundation and our roots are Judeo-Christian ... and the enemy is a guy named Satan."

Discussing the battle against a Muslim warlord in Somalia, Boykin told another audience, "I knew my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God and his was an idol."

"We in the army of God, in the house of God, kingdom of God have been raised for such a time as this," Boykin said last year.

On at least one occasion, in Sandy, Ore., in June, Boykin said of President Bush: "He's in the White House because God put him there."

SoHiAllTheTime said:
^No, you are playing politics right now. Bush didnt do anything in the name of Jesus. He did it as the president of the USA.

But doesn't the President claim to get guidance from God?

SoHiAllTheTime said:
What about all the terrorsit breeding grounds in Islam? Care to address that?

I'm not trying to excuse terrorists. I'd only point out that 1) Islamic terrorists are an extremely small minority of Muslims; 2) there are plenty of violent Christians too.

Wasn't Timothy McVeigh a Christian terrorist? Do you therefore think that Christianity should be associated with terrorism?

^ First of all that is L.A Times and i am SURE that is slanted. But i do know of that story and guy shouldnt have been in his military uniorm sayin gthat stuff. But please dont tell em that is your defense up against all the Islamic terrorists groups out there? One guy? One case? Come on man, it doesnt even compare.

SoHiAllTheTime said:
^ First of all that is L.A Times and i am SURE that is slanted.

Do you want me to find ten other sources that give exactly the same quotes? I'm pretty sure this story showed up in the NY Times and the Washington Post too. Are those good enough sources for you?

SoHiAllTheTime said:
But i do know of that story and guy shouldnt have been in his military uniorm sayin gthat stuff. But please dont tell em that is your defense up against all the Islamic terrorists groups out there? One guy? One case? Come on man, it doesnt even compare.

Why do I suspect that there are a heckuva lot more people out there just like him, but who are simply more careful about what they say publicly?

Do you want me to find more examples of Christians who think we're in a war for God? How many would I have to find before you concede the point?

^No i dont need you to do that. Do you want me to list all the terrorist groups out that that are linked to Islam? Or how about lets list all of the terrorists over the past decade and lets see the % of them that are muslims? How about that? MA, you are fighting a losing battle here man. Give up.

None of your examples would be the same as the terrorists, even with that army guy, its not like he can make decisions to attack or not attack. HE follows orders from the army, a NON-RELIGIOUS/CHRISTIAN organization.

SoHiAllTheTime said:
^No i dont need you to do that. Do you want me to list all the terrorist groups out that that are linked to Islam? Or how about lets list all of the terrorists over the past decade and lets see the % of them that are muslims? How about that? MA, you are fighting a losing battle here man. Give up.

What is the "battle" you think I am fighting? I'm not arguing that Islamic terrorists don't exist. Again, I'm simply pointing out that they are an extremely small minority, and that there are plenty of Christians doing basically the same thing (albeit with better technology).

SoHiAllTheTime said:
None of your examples would be the same as the terrorists, even with that army guy, its not like he can make decisions to attack or not attack. HE follows orders from the army, a NON-RELIGIOUS/CHRISTIAN organization.

And they all follow orders from George Bush, who is a Christian, and who claims to get guidance from God. What's the difference?

^He gets guidance from his advisors and poll results. Its politics. That guidance from God talk is just to keep us christians happy. ;)

SoHiAllTheTime said:
^He gets guidance from his advisors and poll results. Its politics. That guidance from God talk is just to keep us christians happy. ;)

Interesting. Because I don't think the terrorists are getting much guidance from God either. Or Allah for that matter.

SoHiAllTheTime said:
But they do it in the name of their God or religion. Bush doesnt. See the difference?

I don't think there's a difference if it's just a matter of what they say publicly. I think there's an awful lot of conservative Christians who -- like General Boykin -- honestly believe we are fighting these wars in the name of God, but who are savvy enough about the PR angle so that they keep their mouths shut.

Your own reaction to Boykin sort of belies that. Note that you said, "He shouldn't be saying that stuff while in uniform." Not "He shouldn't be in uniform." Just that he shouldn't be saying that stuff.

In other words, "The damned fool should have kept his mouth shut."

Tell me, do you think God supports America in the war on Isla... err... terrorism?

No, i really meant that he shouldnt be saying that in uniform. You CANT prevent people from having their own beliefs, only you can prevent them from expressing those beliefs when they are "on duty" or in uniform. There is a difference. Everyone alive has some type of belief sytem one way or the other, you can change that. So there is a difference between Bush being the president and happening to be Christian (probably more for political reasons than actually truely being a christian) and Islamic terrorists who attack in the name of their religion. Because afterall their religion is a breeding ground for terrorism.

"Tell me, do you think God supports America in the war on Isla... err... terrorism?"

^Hmmm...Thats tuff...I do think that the God of Christianity is the God of the universe and that Allah is a false god. But is God "on our side" against terrorism? I really dont know, i think the more we turn our back on God as a country the less support we have from Him. It is more up to us as to how me He is on our side and over the past 40 years we have been putting Him on the shelf more and more...Then we just ask Him for help in times like 9/11. We are a hypocrite nation.

SoHiAllTheTime said:
No, i really meant that he shouldnt be saying that in uniform. You CANT prevent people from having their own beliefs, only you can prevent them from expressing those beliefs when they are "on duty" or in uniform. There is a difference. Everyone alive has some type of belief sytem one way or the other, you can change that.

What I'm worried about is not simply that they hold these beliefs, it is the fact that they may be motivated by them.

I hold Christian beliefs too, but I would never let them affect my decision-making if I was a political or military leader. I'm not so sure that is true of people like Bush or General Boykin.

^Its hard to say...More and more i am feeling like Bush is a christian more for votes than anything else. :\

Great discussion, guys. MA: fabulous as always.

SHATT: I like you in spite of myself! I agree with what you said above about the necessity to allow people their own beliefs. However, I really wish you wouldn't follow the words "Muslim" or "Islamic" with the word "terrorist."

^Remember, given the subject being discussed that may happen a lot more than in everyday conversation. I dont always combine the two, trust me. But ALL of the terrorists were muslims, i am sorry, there isnt anything i can do to change that. As is, an extremely high % of terrorist groups around the world muslim, again i am sorry for that but it is true. I dont have anything agianst someone that is muslim or someone who believes in Islam at all. Try not to allow some of these debates and the things i say in them to be the only thing that you think i believe about muslims or Islam. :)