• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Asian Drug Scene

Weed, speed and LSD are all popular in Korea. However, it's use is mainly with the expats (ie. Westerners living there). I'm unaware of the popularity amongst the Koreans, though, like most Asian countries, they love their cigarettes and rice-based alcoholic beverages.

Mods, do you wont asian drug busts in this thread or the drug bust thread?

Police break up three drug gangs

Police break up three drug gangs

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung yesterday told a press conference that police had cracked three gangs of drug traffickers.

Ulacha Prasutinawin, 25, and Bundit Phattana-umphaiwong, 34, were arrested in Bangkok on Wednesday, and police seized 20 kilograms of "ice" (crystal methamphetamine hydrochloride) and 366,000 tablets of ya ba.

Worasak Sricharoen, 34, was also arrested in the capital yesterday with 31kg of "ice", while Suchart Pingsuwan, 35, and Somyot Phaiboonphoonsap, 36, were nabbed in the Rangsit area of Pathum Thani on Wednesday with 10kg of "ice" in their possession.

Chalerm said that although police kept hunting down drug dealers and addicts, narcotics continued to be smuggled across Thailand's borders. Therefore, he said, he would ask Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to put the problem of drug trafficking on the regional agenda in a bid to encourage neighbouring countries to participate in tackling the problem seriously.

Police have said that they are closely monitoring the movements of six major gangs in the North and have asked the Army to block several parts of the border in Chiang Rai's Mae Sai, Mae Fa Luang and Mae Chan districts. Checkpoints have been also put up in Phrae, Lampang and Sukhothai provinces to block drugs from being trafficked into the Central region.​

here

That is a lotta icey ice to be busted with aiyeeee. I wonder if all those ice are for internal use or exports to other countrys for example AUSTRALIA :p

Mods, do you wont asian drug busts in this thread or the drug bust thread?

I don't think this thread is quite the right place, it will get too messy. You could either start a new thread or we can change the other thread to include Asia as well.

I'm not coming across many at this stage, so i'll add them to the drug bust thread from now on, thanks for the reply.

Personally I don't know the Australian drug busts thread is the best place to add in news of Asian busts. Honestly as a former moderator of the Drugs in the Media Forum it took me some time to warm to the idea of having news articles posted in Australian Drug Discussion whatsoever, it always seemed cluttersome when there is a forum specific for drug articles that anyone who wants to read drug news could easily click onto.

I have heard the argument that AusDDers rarely venture outside the home forum (something a lot of you should really evaluate, there is a lot of good stuff on bluelight, not just AusDD!) and its nice to have a place in the forum they visit to check the news. I don't have a problem with that, but when you start muddling in drug news from various continents to me that is getting cluttered and I feel like its as well to all go to the DitM forum.

I wouldn't have a real problem with a seperate Asian busts thread, but for me personally I have to oppose the idea of cramming all drug news from Australia, Asia, New Zealand and Oceania into one thread. I mean seriously that makes up a pretty considerable percentage of the world, if we are going to be that broad why not just put it in DitM where it belongs? I have never really checked North and South American Drug Discussion or European and African Drug Discussion but I would be surprised if they had regional news in those forums.

Whats next? A bloody Sex, Love and Relationships thread in Australian Drug Discussion? 8)

Last edited:
I don't mind where i put them. I have been adding to the ditm thread recently and dont mind if they go in there. Where are the other two mods, lets see what they say about it and it can be changed. I've started to come across a few recently from Asia and as i keep an eye on it i'm sure i will come across more.

Another thought is that anything that goes into the drug busts thread could be titled accordingly with the country or state (when from OZ)

so like I put [QLD] on a qld bust, [NSW] ect or [NZ] or a nz one, or [Asia] on an asian one. Or we simply start an asian drug bust thread, or i add the asian ones to DITM.. Many options. Upto you guys/girl.. I'll follow accordingly.

Last edited:
Mr Blonde has had some personal problems but should hopefully be back shortly, Footscrazy is overseas but she should be back online this week. I will be interested to hear their opinions but kinda surprised if many support further cluttering of this forum with shit that belongs in DitM.

cool.. it wont clutter if it all stays in the drug bust thread tho. It does seem a change on the old AUS NZ Drug busts tho, so if its a go, ill just chuck the asian ones in the ditm thread no probs.

^ It wont clutter the forum but it begins to clutter the thread when 90% of people reading it are only concerned with Aussie news. I guess my main problem is where do we draw the line? No other regional forum has news articles because there is a forum for news articles from all over the world. I think we have been lax allowing the articles as it is and broadening the scope of the articles we allow isn't the direction that I personally want to see AusDD head towards. I am open to hearing other peoples opinions though.

^ If you could do that for now that would be great, once we mods have a meeting of the minds it may well be the case there is space on this forum for Asian news but until that conversation happens I don't think its a good idea to just move ahead and allow it here.

Thanks for your flexibility mate, I hope you don't take some of my sentiments as negative towards you or what you did as I think you are a strong contributor to the forum. :)

I love the drug busts thread and would hate to go to DitM and wade through tons of insignificant countries' crap just to find AU posts. I do agree that Asian busts should be a separate thread in AUDD, or just in DitM.

poledriver is without a doubt our news man, I think he should get his own choice of unique bold text under his username for being such a useful resource, what do you moderators say?

I also really like the aus drug bust thread being in AusDD. As far as the Asia bust stories go im pretty meh. As for moving all Aus drug bust stories to DitM, for me this would be more of a pain in the ass. I do check out other areas of BL (PD, OD, BDD and ADD mostly) and I would prefer not to have to check there (DitM) as well, where I may have to scroll further down, maybe even check second page (im mega lazy) . From my point of veiw it seems like a question of ease of modding vs ease of finding pertinent local info and as the drug bust thread seems to require minimal mod efforts . . . In general the amount of active threads in AusDD seems to be pretty low atm so . . . (and kudos to poledriver and the others that contribute to drug busts, i find it interesting and informative.)

Drug busts will continue as per usual, the focus is on Aus and NZ. Any Asian busts, if decent can goto the DITM thread, no big deal there.

Regarding posting of news items into such threads as the Cigarette Thread, the Synthetic Cannabinoids Thread, The Alcohol Thread, The MDPV Thread, The SR Thread, The Cannabis Discussion Thread and other threads I add news items to, if drug_mentor doesn't wish for me to continue with those kind of posts I can cease them, no biggie either.

Thanks for the kind words guys, appreciate it.

Sorry for derailing the thread.! lol.

^ I got no problem with you adding the articles to the threads you have been. In those cases you were adding shit that was directly relevant to the discussion and overall poledriver I value your contributions to this forum. I hope you aren't taking my opinion as a negative reflection on yourself or that I have a problem with what you have been doing.

I have long questioned the validity of a thread solely for drug busts but I pretty much gave up on that ages ago, regardless of my opinion you are a solid contributor to that thread and I do see it having some relevance to the region, even if it may fit as well or better elsewhere. However, when you start adding a bunch of Asian busts, in my opinion things just gets cluttered up and it isnt constructive. I am happy to discuss an Asian drug busts thread with other moderators (although I personally don't see it as too relevant or something there is great demand for) but I just think its a poor idea to mesh all regional news into one thread.

I hope you don't feel like I have singled you out here man, you are a valued poster on this forum and I hope you keep up the good work.

In regards to the bold text under the name I am uncertain how that would work, however, if one could have the title of the Aussie news man poledriver would definately be the one who deserved it, without question.