• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

article: Quantum Theory Proves That Consciousness Moves to Another Universe Afterdeat

Nobel Prize winners, for Physics:

http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics/laureates/

The claim that Hawkings is 'an idiot', 'doesn't know what he is talking about', and wouldnt be considered as the most imprtant contributor to modern theoretical physics and quantum mechanics are absurd.

With respect, you have no idea what you're talking about. He's not an idiot. I said he's a bit of an idiot, in relation to the statement I quoted. Maybe we could discuss the quote, rather than you just disagreeing with me. Or, perhaps, you should look into why he doesn't qualify as a candidate for the Nobel prize. His most significant "discovery" is Hawking radiation, which is not "the most important contribution to modern theoretical physics and quantum mechanics"... He is not, in the scientific community, regarded as "the most important contributor" to any field... I think you're just assuming that (no offense intended) because of your relative unfamiliarity with modern physics coupled with his significant celebrity exposure.

Last edited:
^Do you not get tired of constantly being adversarial? I really do appreciate you and your well thought out posts (<3), but I suspect that (at times) you are arguing for the sake of it. Just saying, some arguments will not end well; the defeated is just lessened, the victor gains nothing. Some food for though.

I admit, I am combative in all aspects of my life too, so don't think I don't understand the drive to be right, but in matters of opinion and faith, no-one is right.

edit: In other words, you're all wrong. :D

Last edited:
I'm not just arguing for the sake of it.

The insistence that Hawking is infallible is a classic example of the religion of science.

^Is god/jesus infallible?

Yes. God (whether or not you believe in him) is - by definition - infallible.
I don't understand the point of the question.

As for Jesus: I'm not Christian; and, Jesus is the central figure in a complex mythological allegory (written by man).
Since no man is infallible, and mythological figures are incapable of being infallible, Jesus is not infallible...

I'm so confused :( Please allow me to pigeon hole and crudely define you, it would make all this so much simpler...;)

I posted this article since it reminded me of what friends of mine who have taken a lot of DMT in the form of Ayahuasca said happens after death.

The one person has probably smoked/vaporized DMT crystals, and the other person has for sure used yopo or the DMT snuff; but they use Ayahuasca in countries where it's perfectly legal to go there and take it in a religious ceremony. The one friend did tell me how he had learned about multiple universes at first while smoking Salvia but that was before he'd ever taken Ayahuasca.

I have met other people who are not into drugs anymore, or never were who know or came to the realization that this is what happens after we die and believe in multiple universes.

I guess the problem with this hypothesis- well, not problem as such- but the issue with this theory is that is untestable. Or, at least, I am too simpleminded to think of an experimental protocol that could be used to elucidate the multiverse. But it is certainly aesthetically appealing.

FWIW, IMO salvia is way more disorienting then DMT in any form, and 5-MeO-DMT is more powerful then both. In fact, I think that DPT and (once) bufotenine (and salvia and 5-meo-dmt) are more powerful then DMT in their ability to utterly replace reality.... Beautiful stuff really <3

I guess the problem with this hypothesis- well, not problem as such- but the issue with this theory is that is untestable. Or, at least, I am too simpleminded to think of an experimental protocol that could be used to elucidate the multiverse. But it is certainly aesthetically appealing.

FWIW, IMO salvia is way more disorienting then DMT in any form, and 5-MeO-DMT is more powerful then both. In fact, I think that DPT and (once) bufotenine (and salvia and 5-meo-dmt) are more powerful then DMT in their ability to utterly replace reality.... Beautiful stuff really <3

I've known people who told me how when they took salvia they went into an alternative universe. I have never used it and was around a friend when he smoked some since it is legal here, and it was Salvia 5X. He said how he felt like he was going to trip and had taken nitrous; but how this sort of freaked him out only because he did not trip, and the entire experience lasted only 15 minutes, or maybe 20 minutes at the most.

^Its an intensely uncomfortable drug TBH. Physically, it causes a lot of parathesia and very odd sensations, like that of being unzipped or split into multiple complete parts, etc. Its incredibly unpleasant really, but there is something pretty intriguing about it.

I can't see myself ever taking it again though. Its too intense :\

So becuase some particles exhibit quantum entanglement that means this undemonstrated form of "consciousness" has this property as well? I would also like to see the proofs for this.