• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Are you likely to get in trouble if caught coming home with a bag of shrooms?

Since the ban on fresh mushies in 2005 ive been extra paranoid when doing my annual pick. The fields I use are fairly popular due to the ridiculous amount of mushrooms that grow in the area (half an hour will net you 500+ with little efffort) so I wouldnt put it past the rural force that polices the area to sit up there and target pickers if they have nothing else to do - as such I leave early (its about an hours drive from my home) so I hit the spot at sunrise as a: the damp mornings means lots of untouched fresh beauts, b: they are piss easy to spot at sunrise when the lights horizontal but most importantly c: although im sure the police moniter the area closely, sunrise in october should be around the same time as morning parade at local nick - by the time they've swapped shifts and eaten their bacon sarnies Im halfway home with 2000 odd liberty caps in the bag.

As for getting caught, if an urban policeman was to catch someone for simple possession of a small amount of mushrooms and nothing else, Id like to think the majority would use their discretion and would simply confiscate them without making a drama. Your more likely to be charged with possession of a class A drug if there are aggravating factors, for instance if you have a silly amount of them or when you are in possession of other controlled drugs, especially if they consist of other class A items.

Like most cases involving simple possession of a controlled drug, your really at the mercy of the individual police officer and there level of discretion, but, as Ive described above with my pre - dawn picking sessions, I take proactive steps to try and avoid the police when mushroom picking - Id like to think that alot of police would be sensible when dealing with this particular offense but Id rather not find out either way

Pick a selection of fungi and claim innocence. You are a fungi forager. Innocent mistake then. Damn I wish I knew where to go in this city. I heard they grow in Moseley bog and the police lie in wait but that could be my colleague being paranoid . Moseley bog is one of tolkeins places if anyone is interested. Tolkein also had a paedophiles priest nephew.

They grow locally - my dad helps run the local sports and social club and they have always grown round the edge of the cricket pitch. Ive had the local ones a few times, and considering they're generally tiddlers they're always pokey as fuck. But its slim pickings - I normally give up after a hundred as it can take an hour plus just to put your mits on that many. Thats why I prefer my field off in the shropshire hills. Its about 40 miles away but its worth it, you cant move without stepping on one and Ive never seen them grow so big (the odd one can be over 10 cm tall - its the only place Ive seen Liberty Caps grow so big - master trippers we always called them)

Bummer about Tolkiens paedo nephew. Must gave used to groom the chiddlers with private readings from one of his uncles renowned fantasy tomes. It makes me shudder to think how the stories he would tell the children differed from what his uncle actually wrote on the page, with hobbits holes and rings horrible corruptible story concepts.

Pick a selection of fungi and claim innocence. You are a fungi forager. Innocent mistake then. Damn I wish I knew where to go in this city. I heard they grow in Moseley bog and the police lie in wait but that could be my colleague being paranoid . Moseley bog is one of tolkeins places if anyone is interested. Tolkein also had a paedophiles priest nephew.

I was going to suggest the same thing. It would take a brave judge to convict a normal mushroom forager who accident,y mixed in a couple of Liberty caps by mistake.

Obviously a it hard to explain if they are dried and stored in gel caps though

I personally wouldn't worry about it. I wouldn't think twice about going picking, when I find a good spot. I'm pretty certain that the police here would just confiscate them, but the police in Greater Manchester have better things to do. I couldn't imagine them even bothering to sit and watch picking spots. The more paranoid you act, the more likely it is you'll draw attention. Just stick them in a rucksack, and dress like you're out for a nice walk. You're very unlikely to get a criminal record for possession of a personal amount, even if you are caught.

I would imagine you would get in trouble but if it's a small amount I don't think it would be that serious unless you had a truck load

All they are in reality is a fungus which cuts off circulation to your brain....go do yoga or exercise with new advances meditate or paint. Way more productive ways of connecting with your spiritual side. Shrooms are highly overrated.

You, sir, are a moron. Do some research on psylocybin, because you've been wrongly informed on how it works. Don't spread such bullshit on here.

Damn Treac! tell it like it is! This is why I love you man! Read that Article you posted t'other day. Good read, a bit long but I rather enjoyed it! I've been a long time saying that MDMA helps many people though counselling. Until I'd read that article never thought of Psylocybin being as beneficial in that sense. Great read IMO. It is promising having alternative drugs being looked at for depression and PTSD ect. No harm in looking for other methods once it seems pretty obvious synthetic ones are or can cause more harm than good.

You, sir, are a moron. Do some research on psylocybin, because you've been wrongly informed on how it works. Don't spread such bullshit on here.

Lol thanks for calling that out. :). I find it annoying when people post wild new age sweeping statements and just expect us to swallow them up with a spoon. This aint the david icke forum after all.

Last edited:
Regarding the getting caught thing though. Watching those things like traffic cops I saw that any time they would find even a little bit of weed on a suspect they'd immediately go round their house and do a full search. I dread to think they'd bust into my place and be routing through everything finding my sex toys etc. I don't have any other illegals in my house but I don't want them turning my place upside down.