• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Are you likely to get in trouble if caught coming home with a bag of shrooms?

deruyityn

Bluelighter
I haven't taken them for a few years. I have no desire for the heavy scary trips I used to take a few years ago. I would get the edges of psychosis each time I would take them after a while and it was terrifying tbh so Ive been scared away from them. But those days I would still take failrly recreational doses in around the 3-6grams of dried if i recall correctly.

Im interested though by the good doctor nutt's claim of them being a novel anti depressant. From what I recall of the effects I think they could fit the purpose quite nicely of allowing the overcritical mind to settle down and distance you from your problems, so long as the dose is low enough not to question your reality and that scary stuff.

They have the benefit of being natural and not really bad for you, plus a substance I have quite a bit of familiarity with, so I am kind of interested in trying small therapeutic doses to battle my pits of depression I get.

As Im older though I hate taking risks with the law. The last couple of times I went picking, since they've been illegal, I couldnt sleep all night before the pick and was wracked with fear all through the day almost shaking in anxiety of getting caught until finally arriving home safely with the stash. And of course the baitness of being out picking in an open field its absolutely obvious what you're up to for any jobsworth to see.

On the other hand I have been watching alot of police documentaries recently and was surprised at how light the punishments were for even industrial type cannabis hydroponic grows in peoples houses. At the end Id hear them say how they basically got a small fine and a slap on the wrist even for a room full of trees just cos they said it was for personal use.

So would it be the same sort of thing if caught coming home with a fresh bag of shrooms? Ive got no criminal record and don't wanna get one. So as long as I didnt have any evidence of intent to supply would they just tell you off/give you a caution? Ofc I wouldnt want to get caught but worst case scenario?

Last edited:
I think the consequences of getting caught can vary across different police forces. I suspect that the rural police forces that don't have as much 'serious crime' to deal with as the big city police forces might take some action on the slim chance that you get reported by some 'do gooder' cunt, whereas the city forces might be too busy to bother with anything like that as they have to prioritise the things they respond to.

Do you know the area well where you are going picking? If you have local 'inside information' it can be invaluable as to whether the local police force have been known to nick people for picking mushrooms. Maybe lookup police.co.uk if you dont have a lot of local knowledge or connections, or even if you do it could provide useful information. That site lists the reported crime types for each post code area, and shows the different crime types reported on a very precisely detailed map of the area. Obviously if you see a huge number of drug offences at the location of the mushroom fields then avoid, avoid, avoid. If there are no drug offences reported in those locations i guess you could feel a lot less apprehensive about the risks of getting caught and what the consequences of that might be.

Sure, ive been there a couple times. I know the place but i dont know people who live there so dont have insider info. I never read about shroom 'busts' in the papers or on police documentaries for instance. I would have at least expected to see a couple in between the swathes of reports on cannabis busts and the harder drugs. That is not necessarily an accurate gauge but it might be indicitive no?

I'd check out the police.co.uk website if i was you. It shows the previous months reported crime figures IIRC, so that should include pretty much the height of the 'shroom season.

If you were unfortunate enough to get caught after picking you'd be in for an £80 fine for possession of a Class A.

Hmm good call. Only saw 19 cases and 90% were antisocial behaviour in the little village area. No doubt mostly from drink. Only one drugs case of the 19 I could find. Oh but I just noticed that was for august not september. The next months reports might see an explosion :D

How on earth would you get caught?

Many moons ago I was looking for them on Streatham Common (useless place, don't bother). On coming off the common I was stopped by a squad car, informed I fitted the description of someone who had been seen doing burglaries in the area, and would I like a ride down to the station.

Two lucky things happened. I was standing next to a post box and asked if I could post the letter I was holding. They said yes. They'd have been better off saying no. Secondly, my gf turned up. I had genuinely been waiting for her to come out of work and was wasting time on the Common looking for mushrooms.

That's how you get caught. And don't get caught.

But besides that....I thought picking was fine? I thought it was preparation (drying) that caused illegality?

Ah ok. Cheers for that Ms Girl. So I've been breaking the law for.....aw fuck, just add it to the list.

How on earth would you get caught?

Well I have to take the train out of the city there and back which ofc the return journey is the worrisome part. Like if there was a football game on or they just had a couple of cops in the station which they often do. and a dog in tow maybe.

I was questioned by the police once just standing on my own waiting in the station for my mum. I was dressed like a scally that day in all black tbf, but I dont think that alone necessitates fair grounds for questioning, good old profiling, and they were asking me what im doing and who Im waiting for. and asking where they are coming from on what train and such like to try and catch me out. I asked why they were asking me the questions and the guy said 'we ask everyone' (in a train station with hundred + people at any one time!). I found that insulting. I prefer they were honest and just say I seemed suspicious.

A sniffer dog is never going to sniff out mushrooms, they aren't trained to. Don't worry about it.

Just tell them you were picking them to prevent children picking them, and it was handy for the polis to turn up because it saves you a trip to the station to hand them in.

^^haha

your age will stand you in god stead. just dress in outdoors style stuff and take a dog if you have one - a good alibi. borrow a friends if you don't. then stick the bag of shrooms in a satchel or even down your trousers if yo wanna be even safer.

i think it'll probably depend on the invividual policeman between a ''go on then fuck off then mate! you hippy's are mental" or getting a fine/record.

I doubt Im gonna get around to doing it now as theres only a few days left of the season and the possible risk although slim puts me off. I love a good hike but ye I am too used to having my drugs if any arrive conveniently through the post now :)

I unfortunately have a criminal conviction for the possession of a Class A Drug - yes, dried magic mushrooms.

Police were called to my street as there was a man acting suspiciously - yes, it was me, off my head tripping.

Was taken to station and strip searched - yes, as I was tripping, crazy, crazy night. 8(