• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Are these bumps on the palm of my hand caused by drug abuse?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
I've searched online and people say that they're just calluses but it seems unusual as I don't do any physical activity besides sit on a computer for 8+ hours. These bumps only appeared since 2018-19 and I haven't been doing anything differently from then. The only explanation I can find is alcohol abuse or methanol/ethylene glycol intoxication.

Someone said it could be caused by renal/liver failure

JA6ZfKw.jpg

I would see a doctor. It could easily be nothing, but why risk it? Some diseases start for no obvious reason and expressed symptoms it's easy to write off.

It's worth seeing a doctor just to be sure. Likely no one here is gonna be qualified or competent to tell you what's going on with so much certainty as to be worth chancing health on.

ive also heard that reddening of the palms of your hands is an indicator for liver problems.

ive also heard that reddening of the palms of your hands is an indicator for liver problems.

Yeah but I don't think that's what we're seeing here.

Honestly they do look like a fair bit like calluses to me. And if I were just making a bet on some hypothetical that's what I'd probably say.

But I'm not a doctor, I don't know remotely as many kinds of diseases and what symptoms they have as even a fairly shoddy doctor.

And well, this isn't some hypothetical medical betting gams, your health matters, a lot. It's worth going for a checkup. If you haven't been in a while it's worth going for that reason alone.

Last edited:
I’m not saying this to scare you but look at pics of people with syphillis lesions on their hands. It looks fairly similar.

If that’s what it is it’s super easy to take care of. You get a shot of an antibiotic in the hip and sometimes people are also given an oral antibiotic script to fill.