• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Are there any psychedelics with a "dark" feeling like DXM?

Beautiful Delusion did say "original run," since posters did mention psychs the year after.

Either way, no biggie. I wouldn't be able to mention dissos anyways since I haven't tried them.

For me the dxm experience is the polar opposite of dark, in fact, dxm and ketamine have provided some of my "warmest" experiences to date. Mxe and 3-MeO-PCP have put in some dark places but rarely did it happen. As other have mentioned, DPT can be very dark but at the same time beautifully enlightening. Mxe really takes the edge off of dpt allowing me to thoroughly enjoy the experience. 4-HO-MIPT can also be rough around the edges at times.

Last edited:
I find 2cp and diphenidine to be rather on the dark side, in a pleasant way that is. But do be carefull with these two, both have a very steep dose/response.

To me, classical psychedelics (5-HT2a agonists) are pretty much the opposite of dark, but I didn't get off on the amount of DPT that I took, so I can't judge its darkness level. Dissociative psychedelics (NMDA receptor antagonists) are pretty much the epitome of surreal, comforting, addictive darkness if you ask me.

Whilst I find DPT to be dark, its not neccesarily dark in a negative way. More mysterious, obscure, unkown... If I were to associate it with a colour, it would be a deep imperial purple. Scent of nag champa.

Ketamine is similar in nature to DPT, dissimilar in effects.

So, based on all of these answers, it seems like DPT is the psychedelic with the darkest qualities. Can I hear some trip reports?

You can just visit the DPT big and dandy thread, as there is a lot of posted experiences in there. I read that one earlier this year and it does seem like it has some dark and edgy qualities. But up until I got here on BL I had never even heard of DPT. Some people are wild out there...

I give my vote to Salvia. If you want to shatter your sense of self and feel like your body is all tied up in knots, it could get dark in a jiffy. I had tons of that shit and threw it all away. I love psychedelics, and I get that if done just right, Salvia can be an adventure, but what I experienced on it was not for me. If I am going for breakthrough experiences, I'll go straight for the n,n,DMT, smoked. Also, I recall having some weird times on 3-meo-pcp. It might be considered dark, but so am I, and perhaps I did a little too much over time and was glad when it was gone. That shit's no joke...