• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: notsmokeymcpot42088 | RUC4

Benzos Are somas and benzos safe to combine

What’s so fun about Bluelight is that everyone can have an OPINION. which is what I have. So back the fuck up, kindly. If you don’t like my opinion, move on.
I'm quite confused by what's triggering you tbh.

it seems you don't like someone calling this drug use a "problem" and/or that you think I'm judging them when I'm not. If my tone and language is bad HR I'm all ears, please explain why so I can learn, give me some better tools to land the statement that this usage is life threatening, and if it's linked to wider usage then there is objectively a potential abuse issue going on at the same time.

If you've read OPs other posts you can see a concerning trend here that I'm calling out because I'm worried about them, they have stated they are in withdrawal from benzos in another thread.

I'm just trying to help someone, if I can help them better by using different language then teach me rather than criticize
 
I'm quite confused by what's triggering you tbh.

it seems you don't like someone calling this drug use a "problem" and/or that you think I'm judging them when I'm not. If my tone and language is bad HR I'm all ears, please explain why so I can learn, give me some better tools to land the statement that this usage is life threatening, and if it's linked to wider usage then there is objectively a potential abuse issue going on at the same time.

If you've read OPs other posts you can see a concerning trend here that I'm calling out because I'm worried about them, they have stated they are in withdrawal from benzos in another thread.

I'm just trying to help someone, if I can help them better by using different language then teach me rather than criticize
my whole point was just to support people instead of judging their position in life at the moment. that's all. no trigger. this is a harm reduction space, and it seems to me, IMO, saying someone has a problem is a negative statement. you don't know how that will land with someone. i'm a fan of meeting people where they are. but it's semantics. and again, it's MY opinion. it's ok if we don't agree.

i don't really see a reason for personal insults or condescension as i wasn't attacking anyone. just pointing out that language can be UNhelpful. i totally see the point: that taking that amount can have a negative influence on their life. but whether someone has a problem isn't really for anyone to say.

i hope this clears it up.

insulting me because you don't like what i have to say is not helpful. it seems i wasn't the one who was 'triggered'.
 
my whole point was just to support people instead of judging their position in life at the moment. that's all. no trigger.
The support is there, I care about it passionately and there was no judging of their position, I see and intend this to be a statement of fact, nothing more.
this is a harm reduction space, and it seems to me, IMO, saying someone has a problem is a negative statement.
I agree it is a negative statement, but it wasn't written critically, it was posed as a question for OP to confirm, coupled with encouragement to share their benzo usage so we have more information to help. In other threads OP has stated they are managing benzo withdrawal.

IMHO it's also a realistic & factual, that's how it was intended.
you don't know how that will land with someone. i'm a fan of meeting people where they are. but it's semantics. and again, it's MY opinion. it's ok if we don't agree.
agree with you, again my view here, sometimes people need a bit of a wake up call to get them to open up and share where they are. I've asked and prompted in a number of threads in a number of different ways for OP do this.

I know my style can be blunt and harsh at times, and it's not something I do often, but frankly sometimes I think it's needed.
but whether someone has a problem isn't really for anyone to say.
hmm, this I'm uncomfortable with, objectively as experienced drug uses we can see when there is a dependency/abuse issue with drugs, "problem" in this context is used in a casual way as @streaM Freak rightly said, it's not meant judgmentally at all, and it's not a comment on their personal situation but on the drug use itself. I see clear separation here, and I was asking op IF they have a benzo problem as they seem to be suggesting that themselves from their wider posts i.e. they are already aware and are almost stating it themselves....

Maybe it's worth a separate thread on this so we don't derail things as it's an interesting topic in it's own right i.e. what's the best way to provide initial support when you're aware that there are potential issues with substance abuse.

The more time I spend here the more interested I'm becoming in giving out good HR advice, I've considered some training on it but doubt I'll have the time.
i hope this clears it up.
yes thanks for taking the time to explain.

I think we have a different view on things, I'm not sure if you've been following all of OPs posts, but worth reading them if not.
 
What you posting that emoji for?

@placebonaut is one of the best we have here on BL imho.
The guy can get me to STFU in a single sentence which is rare & his drug experience is quite vast.

You may be a mod but I never seen you post, I'd show the Respect due to someone way older than you are & this a guy who can speak simple to people like me about dope & Chemistry & also hold his own with wiser BL members.
I'd know your place if I were you & get your Ego in check.
you're rude af but i do love your profile pic.
 
you're rude af but i do love your profile pic.
rude? no
Am i blunt and have a working class attitude of The Black Country where I live and raised to just say stuff without any room for error? Yes.

If you know who Marla is you'll know who Tyler is and all I can say is that book is my Bible.

what you wanna be Raymond K. Hessel and RUC4? they'll have to identify you by your dental records because they'll be nothing left of your face.

still wanna be BL staff or become a Vet?
 
well, apparently we have different definitions of what rude it. i consider both of these statements to be rude and uncalled for.
I'd know your place if I were you & get your Ego in check.

I'd show the Respect due to someone way older than you are &
not sure what you mean by "older" as you don't know my age or anything about me.

i think we're done with this topic. i was commenting on the word 'problem' as i don't think it's helpful in harm reduction. that's my OPINION. it seems to hurt your feelings that i don't agree with everything you say. there is a HUGE difference between being blunt and to-the-point and insulting someone. try to bridge the gap between what you know, what other people know, and the truth. they aren't always the same.
 
@placebonaut
you seen this mod type?
what is it with me & you that Yanks can't understand? I know one thing this mod would have the spit slapped outta their mouth if they came to rural Yorkshire with that attitude.

I'm more convinced Yanks don't get our type at all and think we are being rude etc when we aren't and are simply being blunt on a subject.

Drop this mod off in the Yorkshire Dales in the middle of Winter I say and I don't care if they seen a winter in Salt Lake City, Utah.
 
Top