• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Are fentanyl test strips really illegal in 42 states in the US?

JustferFun

Bluelighter
Wait, wait, wait.......Maybe I'm completely out of my mind but I could've sworn that I just read that fentanyl test strips are considered drug paraphernalia in most of the US and so you can't get them. Aside from the (very real) possibility that I'm just crazy :) am I misinterpreting something? I almost can't believe it.

Last edited:
Wow, what a fucked up law. Like the illegality of drug tests in some countries like Germany and I recently read here on BL that in some US states syringes are illegal and can put you into prison for possession of one.

Wow, what a fucked up law. Like the illegality of drug tests in some countries like Germany and I recently read here on BL that in some US states syringes are illegal and can put you into prison for possession of one.

Fun Fact:

10 years ago when I was in New Hampshire, I got caught with a used syringe in my pocket. I announced that shit and everything. They tested it on site and it came back for residue of Heroin and they charged me with Felony possession. I spent 30 days in county jail withdrawing from a 2-3g per day Heroin habit before my lawyer noticed some impropriety or something that got me released. If I hadn't gotten that break, I would be a felon today and never would have been a teacher. I was in college at the time in Massachusetts. We just had to pop over the border to do something for someone. That 15 miles away from my sweet Massachusetts nearly cost me everything.

In Mass, they would have given me a ticket for paraphernelia and thanked me for my honesty. That's how different it can be from state to state. I now live in Burlington, VT and often forget how liberal we are up here. No doubt my life as an addict would have been a lot different in say, Texas.