• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Are codeine, dhc and buprenorphine chemically simillar? Bupe starter dose???

Nickk91

Greenlighter
The only 2 kind of opioids I tried are codeine and dhc. Tried multiple times (probs like 60-70 times at least and it doesn't get any better or worse) in doses varying from 15 mg to 220 mg. I don't get itch, hives or rashes, but it makes my throat to feel rather uncomfortable. Basically my throat and mouth feel really really dry, and then the next day I wake up it is full of thick sticky saliva and my lymph nodes hurt and it still feels dry. Sometimes it also get a bit sore and scratchy. What should I think of this reaction? Is it just an extremely dry mouth effect or some kind of an allergy? I know it is kinda stupid to ask for a medical advice on bluelight, therefore another question:

Is buprenorphine chemically similar to codeine or dhc? What are the chances of getting a bad reaction to bupe if I don't react well to codeine and dihydrocodeine? BTW, is it just a name or DHC and codeine are really that similar? I am asking cause I am sick of getting this dry mouth throat effect and tbh codeine is not that much fun anymore, I don't wanna try morphine or heroin cause as I understand they chemically smillar to codeine and I am scared of getting worse allergic (?) reactions, but I was thinking about may be trying buprenorphine? What would be a good starter dose for me?

Thanks in advance

Nooo mate don't take benadryl it causes alzyiners this hasn't been proven but I suspect it promethazine on the other hand is your blue faced friend! Take the promethazine or ceritizine(another good one) when the drugs peak I don't know if they ate chemically. Similar but I am interested

Codeine is an opiate, meaning that it's derived from the poppy plant (papaver somniferum), while both DHC and bupe are semisynthetic opioids. DHC being derived from codeine (two hydrogen more than codeine) and buprenorphine from thebaine iirc.
Bupe usually causes less histamine release so you should be fine. But before you take it, do you really wanna go down the road of opioids? You had some fun with codeine and DHC, both being low potency opioids, so you can still walk away..
Buprenorphine is around 30-70 times more potent than morphine so you're looking at a dosage of most likely less than 1 mg. I'd say start with 0.5 mg and go from there

Buprenorphine is around 30-70 times more potent than morphine

My God!!!
Me & my mate used to have a gallows type humour about morphine saying if we were ever in an accident we would have to use the whole hospital supply of morphine just to stop screaming, let alone any benefit from lack of pain.
If that is true my opiate tolerance is way above what I suspected it to be.

I agree with you 100% on "do you really wanna go down the road of opioids?" EVERYONE thinks they can control it at the start & will never get a habit but it comes upon you slow & before you know it your fucked & to kick is the war of a lifetime.