• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Social Are Asexual people seriously considered part of the LGBT+ community?

I think we are being very unscientific when talking about this things (we = our late civilization). That link between asexuality and sexual trauma is real, as real as the opposite: sexual trauma and hypersexualization. So, in that case, would we say that those people are nymphomaniacs? like if it was a sexual gender or preference?
I think the question replies itself...
would be good to set the boundary more precisely, between sexual preference, gender and relationship (often pathological or the result of trauma) with sexual behavior.

I don't know if I would call them nymphomaniacs, I'd probably just use hypersexual. But you're right, hypersexuality has just as strong a link to early childhood sexual trauma as asexuality I would believe. I know in my volunteer work I've done for a decade with children in foster care I've had to deal with a lot of problematic sexualised behaviour from young people.

Eligiu said:
I think there is very strong evidence linking asexuality with sexual trauma, especially that experienced at younger ages. I'd have to look up the research I previously found on this but lots of asexual people I know have trauma histories.

There is a link between asexuality and trauma, hypersexuality and trauma, paedophilia and trauma... Is there maybe a link between transgenderism and trauma? Lots of trans people I know have trauma histories.

Needing to chop off breasts / penis reads (to me) as mental illness.

They fit into any group really.
I know a few.
Some are conservative and religious
Some are more comfortable around the gay community

Some are just tired of games people play.

There's this idea of what a certain type of person is supposed to act like.

Maybe just meet more people, get to know them , you'll find out things aren't always what they seem.

It's bloody stupid, just more people desperately wanting to be SPECIAL.

For one, most self-declared asexuals aren't even asexual. The term literally means to be without sexual desire or libido. Which IS a historically documented phenomenon, but only truly applies to a tiny minority of humans.

Nowadays those who like to adopt the label try to pretend that there's a 'spectrum' of asexuality which rubbishes the entire concept. You either ARE a sexual being or you're not. It's one of the few things that are really black and white. Only wanting to fuck very occasionally isn't asexual, that's called having a low libido. Only wanting to fuck someone you feel an emotional connection to also isn't asexual, it's a prerequisite for sex for a lot of humans. Oh and if you think you hate sexual activity because you've been sexually assaulted, that's a trauma response.

Recap ; genuine asexuality exists but is extremely rare. Most of what people try to claim as asexuality is rooted in something other than a true lack of sexual drive. And by definition it isn't anything to do with lgbt. It's not a seperate sexuality, it's literally the absence of one. Nobody gets discriminated against or spat on in the street or disowned by their families just because they don't wanna have sex. Shut up already with your oppression olympics bid, you're seriously getting on my wick.