• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Social Are Asexual people seriously considered part of the LGBT+ community?

i noticed the other day that there's an I and an A added to the LGBTQ thing

is the A for the asexuals?

what's the I?

:shrug:

I: Intersex​

The term "intersex" is used to describe people who are born with reproductive or sexual anatomy that doesn't fit the typical definitions of male and female, according to the Intersex Society of North America. And, just as there are a range of sexual orientations and gender identities within the LGBTQIA+ community, there are also an array of biological characteristics that exist among those who are intersex.

For example, someone may be born with a noticeably large clitoris, but without a vaginal opening; or with a scrotum that is divided so that it appears more like labia. Because of these features, intersex people's bodies (and, in many cases, their gender identity) straddle the two sexes. (Also, it is important to note that intersex is completely different from transgender.)

A: Asexual or Ally​

Here's another letter that has more than one meaning: "asexual" or "ally."

According to LGBTQIA+ experts at Williams College, asexual people are simply defined as those who do not feel a sexual attraction to others. This term is not to be confused with "aromantic," which refers to individuals who feel little or no romantic attraction to others. Asexual people can often be romantically attracted to someone, but sexual attraction doesn't play a role in the relationship.

Asexuals are not to be confused with celibate people (who choose to not engage in sex), those who possess mental disorders or hormone imbalances that limit their sex drive, or those who are afraid of physical intimacy.

The "A" in LGBTQIA+ can also refer to the term "ally," which is used to define someone who "confronts heterosexism, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, heterosexual, and genderstraight privilege in themselves and others," according to the University of Illinois. You can learn more on being an active ally here.

i guess that answers that....

i might be in now as an ally - but im not confronting anybody about it so idk - im just a friend 🤫

this whole thing is about having sex - it's not about not having sex

idk i still think the asexuals shouldn't be included

this whole thing is about having sex - it's not about not having sex

idk i still think the asexuals shouldn't be included
Yep. Exactly. The absence of sexual desire is not a sexual orientation. In fact it's the precise lack of one.

PS speaking as an intersex male, I also don't think we belong in there. Sure you can be intersex AND gay /lesbian /bi/trans ; but being born with an intersex condition doesn't mean any of this applies to you. So please don't include us BY DEFAULT.

I could become heterosexual again in the future.
If you could become heterosexual again in the future then I wouldn't consider you "asexual", that's just some postmodern way of calling things
you're just not into sex nowadays, for whatever stuff,
is like if I say that I'm "asexual" when on the peak of kratom, or anybody because of PTSD rape trauma, that's not being asexual.

Once you get "everyone" into a club,
it stops being a club
when they decided to get every "odd thing" into the lgtb club? First it wasn't a club, it was asking for rights, but it didn't took quite long to begin being a lobby.
More properly: why any kind of sexual preference must be in a "club" that initially asked for equal rights?
To claim "asexuals" are an "opressed sexual minority" is just a bad joke.

If you could become heterosexual again in the future then I wouldn't consider you "asexual", that's just some postmodern way of calling things
you're just not into sex nowadays, for whatever stuff,
is like if I say that I'm "asexual" when on the peak of kratom, or anybody because of PTSD rape trauma, that's not being asexual.
I never leave the possibility out that things could change but no that's quite different. This is something that is 15+ yrs and counting, we're not talking about like being on the peak of kratom shifts in mood here and in a world where people can insists on other people calling them by their own personal pronoun, even if its as ridiculous a request as "they" and socioty accepts it as the norm simply because that person says so, then it doesn't really much matter what you would consider me, now does it?

Anyways this post was half serious and half me being a tongue in cheek , facetious asshole. It was interesting observing the ways that different people responded to the post and I quite detest politically motivated social fads as it were anyways but thanks again to everyone, who responded. I most certainly would never seriously classify myself as anything but a human anyways. Life is too fluid and a spectrum for people to go around labeling themselves. I just "sometimes" wish I could have normal relationships and desires like most other people but I guess it's just not meant to be.

Last edited:
Fuck...even don't know what is "asexual".-lack of interest of sex?Or?

I never leave the possibility out that things could change but no that's quite different. This is something that is 15+ yrs and counting, we're not talking about like being on the peak of kratom shifts in mood here and in a world where people can insists on other people calling them by their own personal pronoun, even if its as ridiculous a request as "they" and socioty accepts it as the norm simply because that person says so, then it doesn't really much matter what you would consider me, now does it?

Anyways this post was half serious and half me being a tongue in cheek , facetious asshole. It was interesting observing the ways that different people responded to the post and I quite detest politically motivated social fads as it were anyways but thanks again to everyone, who responded. I most certainly would never seriously classify myself as anything but a human anyways. Life is too fluid and a spectrum for people to go around labeling themselves. I just "sometimes" wish I could have normal relationships and desires like most other people but I guess it's just not meant to be.
The thing is that is our recent culture what makes everyone to label into this or that,
you can call that "natural" because culture is our form of "naturality" in this planet, but I would say that if we want to be honest with ourselves that tendency of labeling everything and identifying oneself with this or that doesn't lead yourself nor humanity to a brighter place.
Someone who is not interested in sex because has lost the interest and libido was and always have been a normal thing, that didn't need any label. Well, there was a word for that, for the women that had that, because it was more common in women.
The fact that this is happening more in men than before is surely something "causal" and not casual, that society needs to address (cause it's not positive for us a specie).

It's not really a community. Do trans people really fit in with gays, bisexuals and lesbians? There are too many labels. I honestly don't even know what asexual means. Is it a psychological thing? Like is there a core trauma? Presumably, asexual men ejaculate in their sleep if they don't masturbate. Does sex feel good for these people or is there some kind of neurological problem?

Grey-asexuality and greyromanticism describes anyone who falls in some area between being asexual and sexual, or aromantic and romantic. This identity is especially idiosyncratic, as the experiences of grey-asexual/greyromantics can vary wildly. People who identify with either of these labels can include (but are in no way limited to), people who do not normally experience attraction but do sometimes, people who experience attraction but have a low sex drive, and people who can enjoy and desire sex or romantic relationships but under very limited and specific circumstances. The identities to follow can all fit underneath the grey-asexual or greyromantic labels if the person identifying with it chooses to.

Someone who is aceflux or aroflux has a sexual/romantic orientation that fluctuates along the spectrum between asexual and sexual, and aromantic and romantic. Some people who are aceflux or aroflux will always stay within the asexual or aromantic spectrum, while others may occasionally fall outside of it.

Asexual ppl don't know what the fk they're missing out.

I'm asexual. I have sex fairly rarely and I don't find it particularly interesting, good, or special. I can easily go without it for very long periods of time without any issues.

It's not really a community. Do trans people really fit in with gays, bisexuals and lesbians? There are too many labels. I honestly don't even know what asexual means. Is it a psychological thing? Like is there a core trauma? Presumably, asexual men ejaculate in their sleep if they don't masturbate. Does sex feel good for these people or is there some kind of neurological problem?

I think there is very strong evidence linking asexuality with sexual trauma, especially that experienced at younger ages. I'd have to look up the research I previously found on this but lots of asexual people I know have trauma histories.

I think there is very strong evidence linking asexuality with sexual trauma, especially that experienced at younger ages. I'd have to look up the research I previously found on this but lots of asexual people I know have trauma histories.
I think we are being very unscientific when talking about this things (we = our late civilization). That link between asexuality and sexual trauma is real, as real as the opposite: sexual trauma and hypersexualization. So, in that case, would we say that those people are nymphomaniacs? like if it was a sexual gender or preference?
I think the question replies itself...
would be good to set the boundary more precisely, between sexual preference, gender and relationship (often pathological or the result of trauma) with sexual behavior.