• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

April Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe NP isn't really hard we just have bad algorithms issue.
Hehe. Yes perhaps there are aliens out there who have solved many, with time and effort.

As for those brilliant humans (alan turings wehrner von brauns etc) I agree it's aptitude plus obsessive work ethic.

And I kinda hope Shor's-capable machines materialize sooner rather than later (some inside nsa expect it wil be so), because this would 1000x certain assets.

As for my recovery, my life sucks but if you except beer and cannabis I've been clean for over a week which I'm pleased with.

Last edited:
jdfisse- by NA agenda, i mean being convinced that NA will absolutely work for everyone, and dismissing psychiatry. i honestly feel that taking that to heart and therefore not seeking professional help for my psychiatric problems earlier contributed to me lapsing. for some people its simply not realistic to be able to get through the 12 steps until they've had psychiatric help, feels a bit like i didn't have any ground underneath my feet, of course i was gonna fall.
While there may be a contingent of members who dismiss psychiatry the program does not. That is an outside issue. "Medicine, Religion, and Psychiatry were not sufficient". It does not say anything about them not working. It says they are not enough, and that has been my experience. My experience has also been that if I put down the drugs and immediately seek psychiatric help I will be offered a wide range of diagnoses due to my instability. I had to stay clean long enough to allow a professional to truly determine what parts of my mental illness were drug induced and what parts are endogenous. If a member or members are telling you, "don't go to a shrink!" then find other members to associate with. If any member talks to me about medications I share my personal experience and then direct them to page 102 and 103 of the basic text of Narcotics Anonymous.

I can't fucking stop using. I'm so fucking screwed. I woke up yesterday saying I'm not going to use again. I was high by 4 in the afternoon. Like fuck....
You need to personally explore why you're doing this to yourself, if you're at all in control of it (I was not; if I was high on heroin in a few hours from now, I'd want to stay on it until I ran out and go through wd, etc.)

If you're one of those people (read: If; not everyone is) who cannot use without desiring to use it all the time/obsessed with it, what not, you just have to avoid it. You have to. This is why I absolutely cannot use opiates, I admitted it to myself, it is a weakness, and it is something I find is wrong with me so to speak. I am not perfect, no one is. Being in denial about it was not doing me any good.

Now I'm not saying YOU have this problem, buddy. I'm not. Not everyone does. Only a small part of the human population is like me in this regard. But if you are, if, then please just admit it to yourself, you don't even have to tell anyone else or us, it can be a private matter. I was in denial for a long time. I thought I could "go back" to using buprenorphine once and not relapsing. No, I am not. I thought I could use heroin "just once" and not relapse. I could, but only on Suboxone and I'm sure if I did that sober I'd *immediately* want more, more, more, more, more and I would never give it up again until I was fully addicted again.

I'm not trying to lecture you, I just want to share my personal story, insight to help you out. Not everyone is cut out to chip with dope. Not everyone can do it with meth. I can use meth, just one dose one day, and leave it alone for a long time. I know I'm in a severe minority of people. I am NOT able to do this with heroin, bupe or any good opiate (I wouldn't even care for hydrocodone/oxycodone, trash drugs). I just am not. When I admitted this to myself, I stopped letting an object take control of me. It was very relieving.

Some perspective: if I had to guess, you're using because you're in a new area of your life, a new location, and things are weird, strange, hard, different, and you feel alienated because there's a lot of blockheads around you who believe in god and their "Higher power" and have the fake "Remaining men together" Type group-help inauthentic bullshit going on. You probably feel like the narrator from Fight Club and just need to legitimately struggle and talk about what's really going on, and struggle with existential issues like there not being a god, life not having meaning, and still accepting that you can enjoy life despite its lack of meaning and what not. No one is going to help you with this: human society is full of parasites, blockheads who only know to suck on tits to get by.

Look around you. You're surrounded by orally fixated individuals who are severe drug addicts. They are stuck on the tit, their mother's tit they probably did not get enough of. They did not mentally progress past age... 7. You probably did, to spite the people who harmed you in life, not because of them, and you're a really smart person. IT IS LONELY AT THE TOP in words I cannot quite describe properly. You probably feel alone, and the fact you know you're a bit better off mentally than those around you in terms of intelligence (if not mental health) makes you feel like a SHITTIER human being and not a BETTER one, because like me you also probably have relatively low self-esteem (making a guess here; feel free to let me know if I'm wrong).

No wonder you're using. I would want a way out, a distraction too. Except I'm at a point in my life where I know how to avoid situations that will trigger me. It is possible that where you are in life right now is triggering you and that is why you're using. It might also be the problem is in your mind. It might be a bit of both. Explore these ideas.

You're worth it. You're worth getting clean. You can still get clean when YOU are ready. Not when someone else wants you to be, not an artificial date, when YOU are ready. And we are going to be here to help you when you're ready, man. You're worth it.

I'm always so fucking paranoid the day after I shoot up. Like I used to be so incredibly unsterile in the past. I never even had an access. This last time I went out of my way to be sterile and I'm still obsessively googling the symptoms of endocarditis because my chest vaguely hurts. I had to walk 4 miles yesterday so that's probably why it hurts but my brain won't accept that.

I don't know what I'm going to do. I have a compulsion to get high but I don't enjoy it very much when I do get high.
If you're not used to walking 4 miles it can happen. I used to walk like 12, 16 miles a day, still do at times. My heart takes it even with high BP, believe it or not.

Try to analyze the compulsion for what it is, the NACC part of your brain screaming out for something really enjoyable (THINK: SEX, FOOD) that is natural and there not being anything that truly satisfies you in the real world, because of (I'm not saying about YOU here but in my case, in others' cases...) anhedonia, obsession/preoccupation with the drug, memories of using and what that feels like, depression (LOTS AND LOTS OF DEPRESSION), anxiety and so on.

You CAN feel good satisfying yourself in other ways without drugs and you'll feel way better getting into that man, trust me. I'm so glad I put the needle down, left bupe in the past and got into other things again. It felt like shit for a VERY LONG TIME but I cannot underscore how thankful I am to have done it. If someone like me can do it, who was always around the clock injecting non-stop you can too. It's not impossible, you are a smart guy, you're worth it and it might take a long time to get it to work for you but it can work if you want it to.

"Should I kill myself, or have a cup of coffee?" -- Albert Camus

I've struggled with suicidal thoughts (often to the point of obsessive preoccupation) all my life-- even as a kid, long before drug abuse. A couple of times I came very close to going through with it.

I guess I've sort of come to terms with it in this way: I know for sure I will die someday, and that is comforting. Meanwhile, I will hang around just to see what happens between now and then. No matter how bad it is, it will not last forever.

That may not be the most sunshiny philosophy, but it gets me through the day.

Peace&Love,
jasper

Been sober 230 days. Picked up a couple sponsee's in the past week. Still having trouble finding someone who will hire a violent felon in the Aspen area.

Glad your still feeling well captain .
I had a crazy episode yesterday where I got super lighted and managed to lay down on the floor before I fell out . I thought I was about to die I’ve never felt that before . It took a whole hour for me to be able to stand again .
Now I feel like throwing away my 30+ days of no opiates and I’m not sure why .
I don’t usually feel anxious or depressed atleast not clinically but right now I feel emotionally fucked and am really contemplating calling my dealer .
I just went thru hell this last kick cold turkey and I’m about to throw it all away .
There’s no such thing as me using one time just to get thru this terrible day I’m finally smart enough to realize that . Once I give the beast a taste I’m fucked . But I’m still really considering it .
What a fucking shitty day fuck!!!!

Totach, I really hope you stuck it out, and did what you knew was best for you, and not head back into that dark tunnel. Your words tell me that you are at least aware, and as you say 'smart enough', to know that it likely won't just be a 'get high just for today' situation, even though our addictive brain wants to tell us this.

Having 30 plus days off of opiates, I imagine the 'hell' you went through on your 'last kick' is starting to become more of a distant memory, even if you've gone through withdrawal hundreds of times, like I have. For me, I somehow start to forget just how bad the early stages of opiate withdrawal are, even if I JUST got through the worst of it. Then, I somehow convince myself that I'll just get high 'just for today', and quickly find myself back into a binge, and then back in the fetal position under a blanket, wanting to die when the withdrawal sets in.

We are in a very similar situation, as I recently reached 30 days off opiates, and even though I physically feel so much better than I have in literally years, I still haven't deleted my dealers number, and I let his texts mindf*ck me, but I'm also aware that 'once I give the beast a taste, I'm f*cked'. Your words resonated with me, and I'm sure they did with many others on here as well.

You made a decision to post how you were feeling on here, rather than run out the door to see the dopeman, and so did I. You aren't alone in this battle.

^^
Thank you for the support and congrats on the 30+ days . It was truly hell this time getting to this point . I wound up calling my dealer but then canceled and went and stayed over a friends house .
I’m glad I didn’t go thru with it cuz I woulda woke up today looking to feel better again . I still don’t feel great but atleast don’t feel regret and resentment towards myself .
I knew I didn’t really wanna cop or else I woulda done it without posting here . The obsession is much better today.
Thank you very much ?

I'm struggling. I'm not suicidal but I am deeply upset, disturbed, and have been crying for a while now. I don't crave or want to relapse. I just feel terrible and I'm getting slightly despondent.

Processing emotions still. No one to talk to at the moment but I'll be alright. Just shaken up I guess.

What is the definition of processing emotions to you? Do you just sit it one place and get in your head or you try to move around and think? Just curious .
I watched a 2 hour Tony Robbins documentary on Netflix yesterday and I must say it was pretty good . Actually inspired me alittle .
I just don’t like the fact that some people look at him as more then a normal human being but at the end of the day he just has a gift for speaking and reaching people .
Are you into motivational speakers? I personally am not but I gave it a shot and enjoyed it . Now I’m gonna listen to his mentor Jim something just cuz I’m curious how tony Robbins mentor spoke .

I sometimes wish I cried more often . I feel so good after I cry wether it’s for a happy reason or sad crying brings me relief . I haven’t used in a little while and I still feel lot more emotional then normal even at 30 days plus . I really welcome the emotions tho .
Do you think your emotional state has anything to do with previous drug use or current shatter use? Not even sure if you still do that .
I’m just curious you don’t have to answer but is there something that your missing in life that you believe can really change your perspective in life or just plain make you a happier person ? Weather it be a relationship or a job you like.
Or do you believe that you have a chemical imbalance and that you will never be happy? . I ask only cuz if I didn’t believe that I can be happy by making positive changes in my life then I wouldn’t wanna be around anymore . I’m not suicidal but I don’t want to just survive in life I want to live and be happy.
When someone asks me what I want from life then I say in simple just one word and that’s happy . A lot of people will start listing things such as money a hot blonde with a sick body etc...
I think being an emotional person is a good characteristic trait if you learn how to Chanel your emotions .

I am still using shatter. No, something very terrible happened and it has rocked me to my core. I was actually doing well on Saturday before I learned that. No nightmares. Just waking up to a terrible reality.

New job, new (healthy) habits, eating well, asking cute asians for their number, staying in therapy, damage control in court with the help of my therapist, new focus, new mindset..

Learned a lot over the past several months, and going to apply it to someone who I want to be with, as opposed to my usually, waiting for the flys to come to me. And by flys i mean borderlines and histrionics.

Doing well
Off opiates 9 Days
eating well
started to exercise yesterday { first day that I felt enough energy to do more than walk ,, Hit the rowing machine)
Boy do I feel it to day, but the high from it and good sushi was Amazing, and joy not Guilt!!!
did a meeting this AM
Prayed
meditated
will look in to Yoga today :)
All is well
thank you to everyone, here who
have Read my posts
written their own for me to Read
and posted
Experience, Strength and Hope with regards to Recovery

My roommate is claiming someone stole a couple of his gabapentin yesterday. Obviously I look guilty since we share a room. I didn't do it but it puts me in a shit position. I kind of think he took the pills and doesn't remember because who would only steal two pills of gabapentin? It takes far more then that to get a buzz. Plus if your going to steal may as well take all of them.

It's made me have to clean house and hide some shit. I've got 30 subs I'm not supposed to have tgat I don't know what to do with. I need a storage locker or something. They insist I take 16mg a day which would be a 13mg increase. That's not happening. I worked too hard to taper to 3mg a day.

Sober living is fucking stressful. I'm not sure why the fuck people think it's a good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.