• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

April Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A commitment device is a choice that an individual makes in the present which restricts his own set of choices in the future, often as a means of controlling future impulsive behavior and limiting choices to those that reflect long-term goals."

A debt consolidation loan can be really beneficial if I am committed to getting out of debt. It can be incredibly destructive if I just think I am committed to getting out of debt, secretly opening up additional lines of credit and continuing to spend money I don't have.

Putting a commitment device in place when I actually have no interest in following through just ends up being an incredible annoyance and inconvenience.

"A commitment device is a choice that an individual makes in the present which restricts his own set of choices in the future, often as a means of controlling future impulsive behavior and limiting choices to those that reflect long-term goals."

A debt consolidation loan can be really beneficial if I am committed to getting out of debt. It can be incredibly destructive if I just think I am committed to getting out of debt, secretly opening up additional lines of credit and continuing to spend money I don't have.

Putting a commitment device in place when I actually have no interest in following through just ends up being an incredible annoyance and inconvenience.
It's not always so simple. I'm assuming you are talking about me and sober living. I was in a poor living situation with no financial means to escape. The only way out was accepting help on someone else's terms. It's certainly not what I would of chosen on my own. But your right it has created a very volatile situation practically and emotionally

Cj, Can you switch sober livings to one that would be ok with you tapering off your subs . Or 2nd option which would be the worse choice a sober living that doesn’t let you take subs so that way you can taper without anyone knowing . I’ve never bin to a sober living that tests for subs .

Captian,
So sorry to hear this!
You have been such a great help to me with your free and knowable information on hard reduction.
don't know what to do except reach out and say Hi
I am 10 days clean, and getting better, slowly and painfully
but happy with the direction

Hang in there Capt, I just hit 90 days and my mind and body are all over the place. My psych meds are in an all out war with my brain. To top it off the meeting I went to tonight was totally bogus. Immature fucks cross talking and laughing while people share some really deep stuff. Hang in there Capt. We can feed off of positivity. Just think, tomorrow's a new day, full of great things and plenty of experiences that can go well.

Oh I wish ondansetron was more readily available. I fucking love that shit. I can't. It's expensive I'm sure it isn't covered.

I don't even want to eat. Food is gross and it disgusts me. I have to so I "stay alive" like it's worth a damn. It's not. I don't know why I am choosing life. I couldn't tell you why.

Have you tried going through a crisis center? Sometimes asking for help is hard, but, it can open all kinds of doors for you. Trust me I've been 5250ed inside my local VA plenty of times, finally I went to a crisis center. Super helpful and all voluntary. I hope you choose life! Someone cares dearly for you.

h as much as I complain about the house and program it's the best option around. Nice house I like the people ect. I don't want to get off subs I just want to manage my own dose while lying to the doctor do I can put back more and more for a rainy day. Lol. Naturally the sober living isn't thrilled with that idea. Basically I have to see a sub doctor to be allowed to keep taking subs but I'm not going to pay the guy the sane price and hardly get any medicine. It's just economics. But the situation blew over and I found a better hiding place so I think status quo will hold.

My heroin middleman connection here called and wanted to give me the connect as he is going to rehab. I politely declined. I'm going to try really hard to stay sober for the next little bit. Things where getting stressful having to lie and hide shit everyday

wow its already may well someone tie up this thread and move the posts i'm too depressed :(

good for you man cj im proud of you

I can't help but just sit here and cry, I thought about getting help but I don't want it I just want the feelings to stop for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.