• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

anything stronger than DMT?

This is on the line between dangerous and just stupid.
Though it may be a fun thought, I would shudder to think of anybody doing this outside of an extremely controlled and safe environment.

if memory serves me right in "true hallucinations" terrance mckenna told a story how he combined datura with lsd and dmt on a roof top in tibet :D wild trip
i don't think its wise to do so but it also sounded as an experiance worth having

An intense experience, memorable, yes.
But keep in mind that Terrance Mckenna was probably one of the most experienced psychonauts to ever walk the Earth.
And he certainly would have had safety measures in place during that experience.
I just wanted to be the voice of reason before somebody thought it sounded fun and went ahead and did it.
I would say that you would need some strong medications on hand, like, incapacitating, and a few strong people. I know the strength of one person having a psychedelic freakout, let alone one having such an episode while they had no idea what was going on and no way to tell real from imagination.
But with the proper safety measures, it would be something I'd like to read about.

Get a few grams of dried mushies in ya, rack a line of ket, fill a balloon of NOS and have your pipe of DMT. Quickly have the NOS after and I'll see you next week. :)

I'm slightly surprised noone has mentioned Iboga(ine). It's less of a drug experience and more of a "journey" experience. But it can still be all-encompassingly ego-shattering, but on a more *human* level than on a universal one. Anyhoo.

Also, whoever said Salvia sort of doesn't count because it's on a completely different frequency/wavelength/plane...

you're right. It's not anything. It's simply a different perspective. If you do a lot, your "experience" of the "effects" is just your harsh acclimation to this new point of view. But its my belief that it's a POV that is best used as a tool to see things in a new, fresh, widened perspective.

Also, what are we doing comparing experiences and substances on this one-dimensional scale of "strength"? There are so many facets of the human experience that it's sort of a moot argument, I think.

if memory serves me right in "true hallucinations" terrance mckenna told a story how he combined datura with lsd and dmt on a roof top in tibet :D wild trip
i don't think its wise to do so but it also sounded as an experiance worth having

Datura is not an experience worth having. You hardly remember any of it. You have to go by what your sober friends and family tell you as they're picking you up from the hospital. lol

Specially not on a rooftop. 8o

Datura is not a psych.. it's a intoxicating deliriant. Not fun stuff really..

I rate DMT and shrooms and MXE about the same strength if you do each one right.
I haven't tried anything stronger than either of those besides Datura and I regret that one.
Salvia is definitely strong as shit too. Floors you instantly.

Be smart and safe, kiddies. Any dose of any psychedelic can be out of this world if taken too much or whatever.

If DMT isn't strong enough for you, try adding MAOI inhibitor.

Last edited:
i'll replace DMT with 5-MeO-DMT to comment

It's a lot less psychedelic than DMT tho isn't it? Someone once described as feeling like an "elephant sitting on your head" with no visuals. Doesn't sound too appetising.

Yeah 5-meo sounds crazy lol.
DMT was earth shattering for me.
MXE was calmer but way more learned and different than DMT.
Shrooms will totally wipe your ego clean with every color from the rainbow
Salvia will split you in half and make fractals of you.

Each one has to be done properly to work right. I think you can break through on each one.
A breakthrough is a breakthrough. Life changing, usually.

It's a lot less psychedelic than DMT tho isn't it? Someone once described as feeling like an "elephant sitting on your head" with no visuals. Doesn't sound too appetising.

Maybe sub breakthrough, if you really go and read up on a bunch of erowid breakthrough reports, I don't think you'll find that that's the predominant theme (maybe "the fear," but even that seems to diminish rapidly as the breakthrough takes hold.) AFAIK the only place I've actually seen the "elephant" quote is on the wikipedia article for it. Maybe a lot of people are reading that line and expecting to feel like an elephant is sitting on their faces?

A psychiatrist I once spoke with said that a usual comment about Seroquel is like having an elephant sitting on your head. I can agree with that. If you think the psychedelic by many considered to be the most powerful/intense feels like a strong antipsychotic, you're way out of line. Or it has to be a damn impressive elephant if it can turn atheists into agnostics.

Less visuals than DMT, yes, sure. But as I wrote on the previous page, the bright white light many experience, can be and mean everything in terms of visuals. I've seen more beautiful visuals, more colourful visuals, but I've never experienced a single visual that has such an immense and profound power.

Last edited:
Im not sure why anyone would really seek an intensity above that of DMT. Total incapacitation is quite enough. I can understand the desire to change the quality of it but I think more intensity is tempting fate a bit.

Im not sure why anyone would really seek an intensity above that of DMT. Total incapacitation is quite enough. I can understand the desire to change the quality of it but I think more intensity is tempting fate a bit.

It's not just about seeking something more intense, at least not for me. 5-MeO-DMT is not just more intense, it's different. Seeking an intensity above DMT just for the sake of it wouldn't be especially smart. I do like DMT more but 5-MeO-DMT has a unique magic which is the reason I return to it every know and then. Also, if 5-MeO-DMT seems interesting but the intensity seems too much, you can always insufflate it (not that it isn't very intense that way too, but less intense). Then again I approach insufflating it with even more caution than smoking it; you're bound to the full experience 30-45 minutes and it's hard to achieve a breaktrough with insufflation. But insufflation gives you time for more introspection, so it has its advantages.

Me too. I'm also surprised no one has mentioned Dipropyltryptamine (DPT). It's definitely more intense than DMT alone ime. Trip report

There are extremely varied reports about DPT, everything from those saying it's extremely serious stuff (like me) to those saying it's a down-to-earth compound which is easy to handle.

IME it's not at all as intense as DMT or 5-MeO-DMT, but it is equally "serious". Definitely one of the most powerful psychedelics there are. DMT can actually be "fun" (in lack of a better word) sometimes, DPT has never been even remotely "funny". I've had nothing but very tough trips on DPT, and am very apprehensive about it. I don't know if I'll ever taken it again to be honest. Numerous times I've tried it in different settings but DPT just doesn't seem to like me. It has a very dark and almost gruesome side to it, which always dominates my trips. And it lasts quite long when insufflated. When vaped it is sometimes compared to DMT and 5-MeO-DMT though. Someone with experiences with smoking it could shed some light on that, there are several people who've smoked it on BL.

I can understand some of the hardcore freakouts people have had when I read trip reports on Erowid. Fortunately I've been able to manage the strong and strange personality changes it induces in me. At worst they're annoying, at best slightly amusing. It can transform me into anything really. My worst experience was getting turned into an almost 100 year old woman. DPT completely turned not only me but also the surroundings to mimic exactly how life feels for an almost 100 year old human. My voice was completely warped, it sounded exactly like an old woman, my fingers, face and hair were twisted so that when I looked in the mirror I saw this old woman. I was still aware it wasn't the real me, it wasn't scary but very annoying.

But as for sheer intensity, travelling at lightspeed into hyperspace and your ego being ripped to pieces very fast, it falls short. Other than that, I would almost say it's the most "scary" psychedelic there is. But many will disagree.

(Nice trip report btw, I've read it before)

^ ah, I agree with the bulk of this. I have only one experience with DPT, and it was a very high vaped dose. It was definitely the most intense experience I've had from a single compound. The afterglow was superb though.

I have lots of experience with DMT, but I've never had to dose it without a scale present. I might try winging a huge unmeasured dose this weekend just to see how intense it can get. ;)

Last edited:
Yes, there is said to be something stronger

is there anything out there stronger than DMT in terms of intensity? i'm not interested in extending the trip as that's quite irrelevant with DMT i think, just want something more intense.
thanks

If you can get more loaded than DMT I don't want to know about it-- Terance McKenny

Terance Mckenny called it "thousand Orange" You get blast off and you will never need anything stronger than DMT trust me. 3 hits to the head, and you're done... No chance of overdose because there will not be a pipe left in your existence.

Me too. I'm also surprised no one has mentioned Dipropyltryptamine (DPT). It's definitely more intense than DMT alone ime. Trip report

Firstly, all psychedelic drugs affect peoples minds differently also our subjective experiences regarding the intensity of the trip.
However, i'd also like to bring some attention to DPT as well. I haven't done DMT to compare it with dipropyltryptamine so let me put it this way:
If someone somehow proved and guaranteed to me that DMT will be stronger than my experiences on DPT, i would decline taking it. Simple as that.

I've done some heavy doses of various tryptamines and lysergamides so I know what ego death feels like. And as much as i'm extatic about these kind of trips to this day, I still find ego dying to be less scary and delirious than actually becoming a different person inside your mind with a complete discourse inside your head materialising into visual and auditory hallucinations. It's absolutely great. I completely get the trip report that I quoted. It's a really well written report.

I remember coming up on a strong dose and I told myself: "this is the hardest drug that could possibly exist". Repeatedly, until i drowned in the soup of complete psychedelia. It is the only drug, about which I never read trip reports extensively before trying it, which was a stupid mistake but necessary because I know myself and I wouldn't touch this drug based on the impression I would get, had I read what exactly is waiting for me. There are too many people describing dark, sinister and difficult trips on DPT, but it's insane how good and meaningful it is which is really impossible to properly explain to someone who hasn't done it before.

I hope i can try DMT some day and also 5-meo-dmt, just so I know how well these two stack up to this DPT magic.

Note that 5-meo-dmt isn't enjoyable for everyone (I've tried it a few times and it sucked every time, the last time was mixed with dmt and ruined perfectly good dmt and just made me nauseous for a few hours, other times I just saw white and felt like I was falling forever... the only good thing about it is that it doesn't last long). Not trying to hate on anyone or on 5-meo-dmt. But the experience is very unique and different than other psychedelics. So if you decide to try it don't expect something like a normal trip because you wont get it. Personally if someone offered me an unlimited life time supply of legal 5-meo-dmt under the condition that I can't sell it/give it/exchange it or do anything else with it except take it I would decline. If some one did that with most other psychedelics I'd take them (also no bk-2c-b, 5-meo-dalt, dalt, and a few more). The same applies to salvia. I haven't tried it but after reading some reports have no desire to do so.

Idk if you want something very intense take a large dose (a few mg, perhaps even 20-30 mg), of ald-52 (or lsd or 1p-lsd... whichever one you like the most), a large dose of eth-lad (again a few mg. perhaps even 20-30 mg), iv a large (100+ mg of each) dose of 4-aco-dmt/met/mipt (aco because the ho's don't dissolve very well in water), iv a large dose of dmt (you'll need either very pure extracted dmt (it has to be free of any plant material) or lab made dmt) and iv a lot of your favorite dissos, preferably one that causes holes and one that's not that hole inducing (you might want to avoid 3-meo-pcp or 3-meo-pce since they are quite stimulating and you really don't want to be walking around while that fucked up because you'll almost certainly do something stupid. Take some maois before hand and inhale n2o (preferably from a medical machine for administering n2o that mixes it it oxygen so you can keep breathing it for the whole trip). And have enough trip sitters that are able to physically restrain with syringes full (injectable benzo solutions can be made or stolen or bought) of benzos which they'll inject (im because good luck hitting a vein of someone who's struggling hard to break free and with that mix of drugs you'll be a lot stronger then you are normally) you with after restraining you (a lot of very strong benzos if I were doing this experiment I'd use a mixture of flunitrazolam, flubromazolam, clonazolam, flualprazolam, phenazolam, flubromazepam and norflurazepam.... this will be much easier to do once the Chinese start making midazolam analogs which will be water soluble and fast acting) you if you do decide to do something stupid. Especially if you use 3-meo-pcp/3-meo-pce If you're a big and strong dude you could easily over power 5 big and strong guys.Maybe some antipsychotics too but they are very nasty drugs that you shouldn't use except if everything else fails.

I'm not encouraging you to this or saying it's a good idea but it'll certainly be extremely intense.

If you do this you should survive (assuming you don't have any preexisting medical problems) but your personality will be altered (with a good chance of it being permanent especially if you use 20-30 mg of the lysergamides).

Chose wisely but if you do do this write a trip report.