• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anyone with experience mixing Diazepam and Kratom?

Kallisti23

Bluelighter
I have scanned through some of the previous threads on the subject and there seemed to be a lot of speculation from people with not much real life experience. So, does anyone here have experience combining benzo's with Kratom? If so, do you feel that they have a synergy in the same way that benzo's and traditional opiods have? I have combined Diazepam / Alprazolam with Codeine, Morphine, and Tramadol before and enjoyed the synergistic effects. Although Kratom hits the opiate receptors I do feel that subjectively the effects although reminiscent are still quite different, for me anyway I can sometimes get a bit more weakness and slight wooziness at times, with less euphoria and am therefore unsure if the combination with diazepam will be as pleasurable or possibly heighten some of the slightly more negative effects associated with Kratom. It might be worth noting that the Kratom I have is quite a potent batch of Red Vein Thai, it has near no stimulating effects and is purely sedating.

If anyone had any real-life experience with this combination it would be great to hear some opinions on it.

I believe the combination is relatively safe, but please correct me if I am wrong.

Much appreciated!

Kallisti.

I would be careful with this combo. I have blacked out a couple times using kratom and alcohol so i can?t imagine mixing benzos and kratom to be that much different. Just take it slow with your doses.

That's a good point. I do find that Kratom can sometimes make me a little bit dopier mentally than other opioids, so I could understand this being a possibility. I have codeine too so might just stick with the tried and tested combo.

I have mixed kratom and benzos many times. I think they work well together. They could potentially cause respiratory depression but I don't think that is likely if you keep doses reasonable.

There's quite little detailed information on Kratom, do you know if it causes greater or less respiratory depression than other mild opioids such as codeine?

There's quite little detailed information on Kratom, do you know if it causes greater or less respiratory depression than other mild opioids such as codeine?

Kratom is not known to cause any respiratory depression the way other opioids do. Kratom is pretty much as safe as it gets, so I wouldn?t worry about the combo. For quite some time I combined them daily (mostly diazepam, too). IMO benzos add to the kratom experience.