• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc anyone use Doxepin for sleep? or anything...

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
new drug I just got scripted for sleep; I was using Seroquel before this at 100MG/night but it was making me too groggy in the morning so I decided to step away; I also have a ton of leftover Seroquel since I didnt use it every night so if I ever do need it I have it, so I felt it was time to try out a new "drug", lol. the typical addict, right?

anyway, I was reading reviews online and all look well and dandy, but I wanted to ask real addicts like myself.

so give me the info, baby!

damn, well, thats a bummer. ill prob. just ask for something new next month.

picked up my:

56 8MG bupe pils
60 800MG gabapentin
90 300MG gabapentin
30 25MG doxepin

guess those doxepin are no fun :(

lol if you don't mind my asking why 56? I get 60 a month I know that is only a few less but it just seems like such an odd even number... lol did I say that right? Odd even?

Also type doxepin and erowid into google and a bunch of shit pops up so maybe there is something more to it, but those reports can be vague and written by idiots or 8 years old sometimes, so I am always leery of those.

they do 56 because of 28 day months; but I do always get 56 even if it is a 30 or 31 day month, so it is kinda weird, right? but I have so many damn extras that its never a real worry for me but it is kinda odd when I think about it; its always 56 whether its July (31 days) or Feb (which was 28 days this past year).

I might have to start complaining because he's shorting me $40, lol

they do 56 because of 28 day months; but I do always get 56 even if it is a 30 or 31 day month, so it is kinda weird, right? but I have so many damn extras that its never a real worry for me but it is kinda odd when I think about it; its always 56 whether its July (31 days) or Feb (which was 28 days this past year).

I might have to start complaining because he's shorting me $40, lol

That is what is was thinking lol! But ya my stash is also immense. Like I have a dresser drawer designated for just my left overs, I even told my doctor, and he said it is okay you never know when emergency happen. (he is this cool Indian PM Doctor and he loves me because I am his only patient that doesn't ask for C-II meds.)

I see a private Dr. and pay the dude for EACH VISIT MONTHLY which is just he and I speaking over iChat, so I dont even have to go in the office. but I do pay $140/mo for the visit (I can talk Dr. numbers, right?). and then I just pay my typical co-pay for the 2-3 scripts he will write for me.

when he and I first met he would only write me 1-2 week scripts at a time; now he writes the full month and has plenty of refills on each, so its very, very easy nowadays. so many people ask why I do not go to the "free" clinic where insurance covers fully but then I would need to attend a certain amount of meetings, see the Dr. every other week IN PERSON, and do all other BS - this private dude for the $140 lets me get away w/ the world and then some. but whatever, I am at the point where I know recovery quite well and I am ready to do this on my own anyway and have been doing well.

I am pretty much in the same boat. I do sometimes on my own accord go to AA meetings, but that is because I like the community. It helps sometimes, with my PTSD and social anxiety that stems from it, being around a large group of people that have been through the same things as me really is the only way I can desensitize myself to being around people.

because of my DUI I do go to a group meeting of those w/ 2 DUI's but I dont do regular NA or AA meetings; I am not against them but they are just not for me; esp. right no w/o a car or anyway to get to and from.

I was given it in rehab for sleep. Didn't do shit for me but other people said it worked.

I was given it in rehab for sleep. Didn't do shit for me but other people said it worked.

this is why I was scripted; I was on Seroquel but I had enough of that and have a ton of them left anyway; wanted to try something new, so we'll see. I guess ill give it a shot tonight.

how many MG's did you take? I have 25MG pills and it says 1 pill before bed. is that enough?

I don't remember the dose man. The rehab was giving them out. I wouldn't go too high because of its SSRI properties. Could get serotonin syndrome. I don't think it will knock you out as strong as seroquel but it probably has less nasty side effects. But I do remember the doctor warning me I probably wouldn't be able to cum when I masterbated while on it. Yeah that doc was a fucking creep. Seems like rehab docs are the ones who can't get jobs anywhere else.

the seroquel worked for a while but it made me so groggy in the AM; if was OK to take on a weekend when I didnt have to worry about waking up in the AM but w/ work and all seroquel made me NOT want to leave the fucking bed; it worked at first but after a while just made me groggy as shit. I still have a bunch of 100MG seroquel left if I need them but its not what I want; benzos work best for me and I always have those, not scripted, of course, but I still use them when needed; esp Etizolam since its somewhat legal still.

You should ask your doc for hydroxyzine. That is what I am on, and it helps me sleep fabulously. 50mg at night for sleep. But I also take it in the AM, 25 mg when I dose my morning bupe around 1030. I do not take my bupe until I get home from the gym and it is one of the greatest opiate potentiators on the planet so there is that also. My doctor writes it for anxiety/sleep aid. the way he writes it is 50mg 3x a day. so I get 180 a month for free from the VA! Actually all my meds EXCEPT for bupe are free from the VA.

Seeing as they both antihistamines I don't see why he never offered it before. And BTW, I think it is BS that they do not write benzos and opiates anymore. Because especially for addicts it is really needed. I have been on benzos for a few months and never asked for an increase in dosage. I even went a week without them once when we went to the beach and left ALL my meds at home... *shivers* and no real problems with the valium, and the bupe WD just started getting to the point where it was about to get back when we got home. With only one week off, I took 8 mg bupe, 10 mg valium, 25 mg hydroxyzine, and 40 mg viibryd. And *ZONK* I was floating on a cloud made out of bliss... more nodds than I knew what to do with, lol.

Last edited:
I heard of people taking hydroxyzine w/ their methadone and getting a better feel. but it really helps you sleep at night? and you get a better feel during the day w/ the suboxone? I feel my gaba really helps during the day while on bupe; I take 2400MG gaba and feel GREAT all day.

I heard of people taking hydroxyzine w/ their methadone and getting a better feel. but it really helps you sleep at night? and you get a better feel during the day w/ the suboxone? I feel my gaba really helps during the day while on bupe; I take 2400MG gaba and feel GREAT all day.

OMG yes, in fact it works with sub so well there was a thread on bluelight calling it a substitute for heroin (not that I agree, BUT still just goes to show what a great combo it is.) and you can play around with the dosage until you find what helps get you to sleep.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-345837.html

lol, now I have to mention to him that I "heard" hydroxyzine will work "better" for me when it comes to sleeping.

I am sure he wont recognize the junkie in me coming out.

ya no not at all. HZine is like the go to non-scheduled med for anxiety/sleep these days. It stopped being written years ago, but with the influx of benzo addiction many docs now write this in place of benzos. Believe it or not, in my opinion atarax has a very slight euphoria in and of its self. But addiction doctors love writing this shit thinking they are getting over on us addicts by not writing a benzo when in reality it makes opiates quite a bit stronger. Done in the right combo and tolerance and time off it will put you directly into nod land.

Hydroxyzine Hcl (Atarax, from the Greek philosophical term ἀταραξία, "robust tranquility"; also Vistaril, the pamoate salt) isn't necessarily associated with junkies. In fact it's often used as a benzo substitute in psych hospital, jail, etc settings where docs don't want to give out benzos to people they think are benzo seeking.

Obiter dictum: do NOT, do NOT, do NOT shoot these pills, or even, should you get it, i.v. the injectable product (it is for i.m.) use only, it can cause serious tissue necrosis and vascular products due to it's chemical properties.

thanks for info, bud. I am DONE SHOOTING in general; well, at least i tell myself that nowadays.