• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Anyone take LDN and Suboxone?

Diandra

Greenlighter
Hi All,
I just got off tens years of Norco 10/325mg and oxy 5mg given as prescription by my doc. I was given Suboxone to handle withdrawal but, I found WD not so bad, so 9 days out, I have not used it. I did however start on LDN ( Low Dose Naltrexone) and it has helped ever so slightly with pain(main reason I started Norco and oxyir).

I saw my pain doc yesterday, he told me I was still suffering withdrawal needlessly(anxious, agitated/shaking legs, runny nose, more pain). He said, you have the Suboxone, just use it for a week or so to stop this extended WD you are in.

My question is.....has anyone done Low Dose Naltrexne and Suboxone simultaneously? Two of my docs claim it is OK to mix them. I have just been feeling a bit wonky on LDN and certainly having trouble sleeping.

I also take Lyrica for neuropathy.

Would love to hear any experiences.
Thnx, Diandra

I know this is a dumb question but I am still trying to understand how Suboxone works(see my post above).
I went ahead and took a 2mg Suboxone strip about 3pm today and felt great very quickly but around midnight, started vomiting, have a headache and low back pain.I don't know what to do. Not sure why I am vomiting on such a low dose of Suboxone.

Does the vomiting mean it is simply a side effect and I just cant take Suboxone and I should just stop taking it? (Sorry for these dumb questions, I am feeling so sick and not thinking clearly at 1 45am). My doc told me to dose basically once a day(he said take 2mg and within a couple of hrs if needed 2mg more up to 8mg) and the next morning to take a dose equal to all I took yesterday, in one dose. It was to help with the withdrawal feelings from Norco but he said I could also stay on it for pain control. Before the puking, it gave me great pain control and I felt great.

I was going to try and take half of the 2mg strip now, almost 2am, to try and stem whatever caused this but the outside of the package says not to cut them. After all the reading on the Sub thread, I thought people cut them all the time. Im very frustrated.

Advice anyone experienced with Sub, please.thanks, D.

I think u vomited because 2 mgs of suboxone is actually pretty high if u were only on hydrocodone and percocets.
Probably just to much of a strong opiate. Perhaps try 0.5-1 mg?

yeah! if you felt fine after 9 days youd be over the wd's completely. your doctor seems a bit incompetent to be honest. 2mg is also a high dose for someone with little to no tolerance. if you;re not in withdrawals then you dont really need the sub, unless you wanna use it for pain, in which case 0.5mg should be a good dose for someone with no tolerance.

cutting them up is fine.

I think u vomited because 2 mgs of suboxone is actually pretty high if u were only on hydrocodone and percocets.
Probably just to much of a strong opiate. Perhaps try 0.5-1 mg?

Thanks....and the 2mg dose was scripted by a psychiatrist who specializes in addiction and chronic pain. And my insurance didnt cover this guy and he cost 375 an hr. What a scam.

Would anyone knows why the package says not to cut the 2 mg strips. I initially cut it in half and then took the other half about an hour later.
Did. I affect some time release mechanism?

Nope, it's fine to cut or tear the strips. It prob also says on the box not to inject.

Just trying to stop ppl from messing with the suboxone as it Really Stuffs ur Veins.

I'm a chronic pain patient on subs. It helps me more than oxy did in massive amounts!

Good luck,

Rtp

it probably just says that for health and safety reasons, just so you only use them as directed by your doc. as far as i know, the bupe is evenly mixed in the strip and there's no time release mechanism.

doctors seem to like to put people on very high doses of bupe for some reason, fuck knows why.

Hi Diandra you can cut subs up i cut them down to small .25 mg pieces. subs are hard to convert because its a partial agonist. I think 2 mgs is equivalent to about 30 to 50 oxycodone and oxycodone is stronger than norco heres a link to a converter below. You might have gotten sick because 2mgs was too much. Also when did you take your last norco before starting subs might have been not long enough.

http://www.medcalc.com/narcotics.html

doesn't ldn block the effects of opiates, i dont think you are supposed to take them together..

doesn't ldn block the effects of opiates, i dont think you are supposed to take them together..

Both docs said the tiny dose of Low Dose Naltrexone SHOULD not be a problem. Remember, this is low dose naltrexone. only .5mg per dose, at this point in the schedule.

Hi Diandra you can cut subs up i cut them down to small .25 mg pieces. subs are hard to convert because its a partial agonist. I think 2 mgs is equivalent to about 30 to 50 oxycodone and oxycodone is stronger than norco heres a link to a converter below. You might have gotten sick because 2mgs was too much. Also when did you take your last norco before starting subs might have been not long enough.

http://www.medcalc.com/narcotics.html

Thanks TLD...It was close to 40 hrs off only 1/2 Norco and I was feeling only mildly miserable. My pdoc said I was suffering needlessly when he saw me monday and was pretty honest that I looked like crap. I was looking forward to a 4-5 days of feeling better. I just texted this psych doc with last nights play by play...bet he will get me to try and restart at a lower dose. Right now am feeling prettty lousy, could lay in bed all day. Thanks for the converter.
Diandra

Nope, it's fine to cut or tear the strips. It prob also says on the box not to inject.

Just trying to stop ppl from messing with the suboxone as it Really Stuffs ur Veins.

I'm a chronic pain patient on subs. It helps me more than oxy did in massive amounts!

Good luck,

Rtp

It states on each wrapped piece ,

"DO NOT CUT, CHEW OR SWALLOW SUBLINGUAL FILM"

I am glad it helps you.

^Yes it does.

Are you here bcos you've always taken meds as prescribed & just by accident ended up on suboxone?

A little altering of the instructions is fine. Use a ruler & store in original film taped shut if dividing.

Rtp